Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2014, 18:56   #1201
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeva View Post
From what I was told by the dealer, extended wty is mandatory to opt for Gold AMC. Once cannot get the gold AMC alone. I checked with the service center and they too mentioned the same.
Not sure why they making it mandatory but I have taken my XMS qd with gold AMC but without extended warrant y. You can call tata motors and complain about this since it could be dealer who is imposing it on buyers.
Old 7th November 2014, 07:09   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Next for me would be a gloss black roof.
Make sure you get the roof color change entered in the RC book. My uncle's swift had this black stickering and the Kerala police made him remove it since it was not entered in the RC. It was a sad sight, since in the process of removing the sticker, the paint on the roof peeled out and there were some gouges on the roof from the attempt.
Old 7th November 2014, 09:06   #1203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Make sure you get the roof color change entered in the RC book. My uncle's swift had this black stickering and the Kerala police made him remove it since it was not entered in the RC. It was a sad sight, since in the process of removing the sticker, the paint on the roof peeled out and there were some gouges on the roof from the attempt.
So they expect the colour of each body panel in the rc? Like "black mirrors" or "yellow team bhp stickers on rear bumper rhs". Sigh... When will they recruit from slightly educated pool?
Old 8th November 2014, 08:01   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeva View Post
From what I was told by the dealer, extended wty is mandatory to opt for Gold AMC. Once cannot get the gold AMC alone. I checked with the service center and they too mentioned the same.
AMC Gold is applicable for 3 years/45000 km. Extended Warranty comes into play from the day after the three year period is over.
Old 8th November 2014, 19:06   #1205
BHPian

Got confirmation from Concorde Dairy circle, Blr.
If you opt for the EW and take the Gold AMC, the AMC will be applicable for 4th year too. If you don't opt for the EW, the AMC won't apply for the fourth year.
Not sure whether to trust it or noemt but this is what the SA said.
Old 8th November 2014, 21:02   #1206
BHPian

Just reached home with my Zest Revotron XT. It's a breeze to drive the vehicle! Suspension is great and gives very good ride! Noticed the gear knob vibration, right after shifting up while acceleration! It's not shaking at your eyes but one can feel it at times! Will post the pictures after doing the puja tomorrow!
I'm confused with the remote lock feature! When locking or unlocking the vehicle with the remote the car makes no audible alarm. In case a door is open it makes a double horn tap! That's it! While locking the side lights flashes and the car is locked! My confusion
1. It seems its like this by design? Though not very logical! So may be it's a defect don't know!
2. No audible alarm (not talking about reverse parking alarm inside, that's fine) while reversing!

Is there a way to get the above features with any accessories? Did anyone try it? Any help or confirmation or any information on the above will help! Many Thanks!!
Old 8th November 2014, 21:13   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
Just reached home with my Zest Revotron XT. It's a breeze to drive the vehicle! Suspension is great and gives very good ride! Noticed the gear knob vibration, right after shifting up while acceleration! It's not shaking at your eyes but one can feel it at times! Will post the pictures after doing the puja tomorrow!
I'm confused with the remote lock feature! When locking or unlocking the vehicle with the remote the car makes no audible alarm. In case a door is open it makes a double horn tap! That's it! While locking the side lights flashes and the car is locked! My confusion
1. It seems its like this by design? Though not very logical! So may be it's a defect don't know!
2. No audible alarm (not talking about reverse parking alarm inside, that's fine) while reversing!

Is there a way to get the above features with any accessories? Did anyone try it? Any help or confirmation or any information on the above will help! Many Thanks!!
Congratulations Arindam. Wish you many happy miles ahead.

I took the delivery of my QJD XT on Friday. Did not drive much today as I was busy with some weekend chores. But for the little time I drove, the ride was just amazing. The NVH level inside the car is great, you have to roll down the windows to realize you are driving a diesel.
Regarding the locking feature, I guess its by design. My Punto locks the same way (no audible alarm).
Old 8th November 2014, 21:17   #1208
BHPian

Quote:

While locking and unlocking many cars don't make a sound, just blink the hazard lights, once or twice. Perhaps there is a configuration that can be set by us. If that is true for Zest as well then you should be able to set it for your car as well. Just fiddle around..

Also, my friend booked an XMS today at Blr. He wants the alloys from XT. The SA couldn't confirm if they can replace/exchange. While I like the design of XMS alloys, if somebody owning an XT is interested for a swap, please let me know.
Old 8th November 2014, 21:31   #1209
BHPian

Thanks Ashish! I did run through the settings! Didn't find much there to toggle. It seems it's designed to be that way and I'll have to get used to it!
Old 8th November 2014, 23:11   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ashish! I did run through the settings! Didn't find much there to toggle. It seems it's designed to be that way and I'll have to get used to it!
That's the way with my Manza as well! Two flashes when it locks and one to unlock! Lock it twice and the second time it will flash thrice!
Old 8th November 2014, 23:33   #1211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
...Also, my friend booked an XMS today at Blr. He wants the alloys from XT. The SA couldn't confirm if they can replace/exchange. While I like the design of XMS alloys, if somebody owning an XT is interested for a swap, please let me know.
I thought the alloy wheel designs are NOT variant based, but engine based (petrol / diesel) - each engine gets a particular design which is same across all the trims. Is it not??
Old 9th November 2014, 00:33   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I thought the alloy wheel designs are NOT variant based, but engine based (petrol / diesel) - each engine gets a particular design which is same across all the trims. Is it not??
Yes, that is not the case. XT gets 7 spoke design, all other variants get 18 spoke one, diesel or petrol.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 04:12   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Noticed the gear knob vibration, right after shifting up while acceleration! It's not shaking at your eyes but one can feel it at times!
I TD'ed the Zest Revotron a week back, the Gear knob did vibrate a bit, but I felt it was the same vibes I feel on my Petrol Liva. Dint find anything alarming. In fact my Liva, rumbles and makes such ruckus on cold starts and subsequent idle, its feels more like a tractor than a car.
Old 11th November 2014, 12:32   #1214
BHPian

Some good new though not as good as expected

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/tata-zest-...er-2014-691673
Old 11th November 2014, 13:52   #1215

The expected date of delivery for my XMS Revotron is 10th of December. Is it good to wait for another 20 days and register the vehicle in Jan 2015 or do it in December itself

Most Viewed