Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2015, 17:07   #2281

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

There is no car in this world which is trouble free. But we as an Indians always love foreign brands as compare to our local brands. Moreover you can find FNG and spare parts easily for Tata cars. Even in this era, volkswagen is cheating and difficult to maintain , Honda is not what it used to be, Maruti is not as cheap as people believe but whenever it comes to bashing only tata is the only option.

IMO it's more about social status somewhere down the line. Yes there are many users who are not satisfied with the tata brand but this issue is also there with other brands. Let's see what kite brings to the table.
raka1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 17:56   #2282
BHPian

I totally agree with raka1987. I have a ZEST XT Diesel which is nearly 10 months old now and till date it has been totally trouble free.

On the other hand, my company Director had bought a Swift Vxi couple of years ago and when I sat in his car, the car wasn't that comfortable in comparison to the Zest and had lot of rattling noise. Mind you, its a low mileage car and driven sedately by his driver.

On a general chat with him on the subject of maintenance, he mentioned that car goes for an inspection when the odo has a reading of 5k, 15k, 25k, etc and for service when the odo has a reading of 10k, 20k, 30k.
Avg for every inspection the bill is 3k to 4k and for service 6k to 7k. On the other hand my BIL's Punto Diesel for a 15k service interval (with no inspection inbetween) burns a hole of 8k to 9k in his pocket.

So certainly this does not make Maruti cheap to maintain.
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 18:14   #2283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post

On a general chat with him on the subject of maintenance, he mentioned that car goes for an inspection when the odo has a reading of 5k, 15k, 25k, etc and for service when the odo has a reading of 10k, 20k, 30k.
Avg for every inspection the bill is 3k to 4k and for service 6k to 7k. On the other hand my BIL's Punto Diesel for a 15k service interval (with no inspection inbetween) burns a hole of 8k to 9k in his pocket.
So called "inspection" at 5k, 15k and so on is a scam by the dealers to rip off unsuspecting customers. 10K km/1 year is the Maruti recommended service interval which should be followed.
Old 29th October 2015, 20:15   #2284
BHPian

Incompetency of TATA service center staff is NOT an imaginary/perceptional issue. There are real instances everywhere in the forum and outside where TATA authorized service center is not able to understand/solve some issue and owner forced to spend money on unnecessary part changes. We have also faced a few such issues during our last 7+ years of experience of Indica Xeta.

My father had a worse experience of unauthorized services centers also, therefore TATA service is still preferred even with usual flows.

But these things becomes more important if car itself is troublesome, which is not the case with current small car platform shared by Vista/Manza/Zest/Bolt (going by long term ownership reviews on team-bhp) and combine it with old and proven Fiat 1.3 diesel engine so final outcome doesn't looks very scary to me.
Old 30th October 2015, 16:10   #2285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
So called "inspection" at 5k, 15k and so on is a scam by the dealers to rip off unsuspecting customers. 10K km/1 year is the Maruti recommended service interval which should be followed.
I don't think it's a scam by dealers coz I recently bought a Celerio AMT and the said service interval and inspection is mentioned in the service manual.
Old 30th October 2015, 16:32   #2286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
I don't think it's a scam by dealers coz I recently bought a Celerio AMT and the said service interval and inspection is mentioned in the service manual.
Not too sure about Celerio, but I think it will be only at 5K kms, not beyond that at 15k, 25k kms. Free service at 5K km is normal. Beyond that the service interval is 10K, 20K and so on. I request you to please check once again.

Since your original post was referring to the Swift, I replied with the service intervals of Swift. It can vary from car to car, hence I have already said that I am not 100 % sure of Celerio's service intervals. However it is likely to be similar to Swift.

Last edited by AkMar : 30th October 2015 at 16:34.
Old 1st November 2015, 19:01   #2287
BHPian

About to complete 1 year with MY Zest, though only driven for about 3500 Kms (was out of City for a long duration), it's been am amazing ownership so far. Not much to complaint against dealership either.

Now, since this is my first car, need some help on Insurance renewal. As far as my understanding goes, NCB for first renewal is standard 20% and IDV is -10% from last one. Am I correct on this?

I've taken the following add-ons:

1. Insurance for all passengers ₹200,000 each
2. Zero Dep
3. paid driver insurance (though wont need it now)

The existing policy is from Oriental and costed me about ₹18,500/- including taxes. Currently, the best quote I'm getting is from New India for ₹13,500 (incl. taxes) with all above add-ons and IDV of ₹5,22,000.

Suggestions??
Old 2nd November 2015, 11:41   #2288

Not sure if this has been posted here before.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/auto/mar...r-1158688.html

Quote:
According to the JD Power 2015 India Customer Service Index (CSI) Study, MSI with a score of 906, on a scale of 1,000, performs well across all factors with greatest improvements in service initiation followed by service facility. Honda Cars India, with a score of 880 ranked second and is the most improved nameplate in the study. Hyundai Motor India and Tata Motors are tied at third position.
I have more or less finalized on the Zest Revotron XT. Waiting for the final price from the dealer. For all the concerns about TASS, it is still at third place along with Hyundai. Also one of the dealers mentioned that in Bangalore Tata Motors is ranked above Maruti in ASS. Couldn't find this information online or any city level JD Power data, so ignoring it

Of all the opinions I have asked, everyone has advised me against buying a Tata (without any personal experience of course). But the VFM package is hard to ignore. Hopefully will not regret this decision and be subjected to "I-told-you-so" rants from friends and family
nikhilkulk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:39   #2289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Suggestions??
Try this thread for more help with car insurance queries:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...es-ask-me.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilkulk View Post
Of all the opinions I have asked, everyone has advised me against buying a Tata (without any personal experience of course). But the VFM package is hard to ignore. Hopefully will not regret this decision and be subjected to "I-told-you-so" rants from friends and family
The VFM quotient is hard to ignore, and as an owner I can tell you that the car does not disappoint on the value front. It is well built and equipped, rides very well and handles fairly well. It is also very comfortable on long drives because of the available interior space, and the AC is quite effective too.

I've had an experience with Service, and a local escalation within the service centre is all that is required if there are any issues. They have become very responsive. Keep an eye out for any issues (minor ones like mats not cleaned or DRLs not working) when taking delivery because the quality ensures that nothing else (so far for me at least) goes wrong.

If your primary concern is FE though, then the Revotron will give you some heartache if driven enthusiastically. Stay between 1500 and 2500rpm, drive non-aggressively (not necessarily sedately), and rely on engine braking, and she'll return 12-14kmpl in city with AC. Otherwise might drop down to the later single digits.
VeluM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:01   #2290
BHPian

I have a query if any fellow Zest QDJ owner can solve?

Whenever I press the brake pedal while idling, the pedal makes a 'Puff' noise as if some pressure is releasing from there. I suspected that the brake booster has gone kaput as I feel that the braking power has also reduced a bit (I may be wrong about this since I am usually a pessimist when it comes to a car's braking power).
My car has completed 5100 kms and it went for it's first inspection yesterday.

Do you guys also hear a puff sound when you press the brake pedal and the car is idling, say at a red light?
Old 4th November 2015, 01:21   #2291
BHPian

Completed 10k Kms on my Zest XT Diesel. Boy-oh-boy what a car! Really a wonder machine. Excellent comfort. Drive from Chennai to Hyderabad of 600+ kms felt like a cakewalk. I was absolutely fresh after the long night drive. I am getting mileage of 23kmpl on highways and about 16-18kmpl in Hyderabad city. I get the mileage only if I clean the air filter atleast every 3k km. If anyone is interested, I will post some pics and procedure.

One of my colleagues who doesn't have a good impression on Tata was just blown away during the long drive by the sheer stability of the car even at 120kmph.

One more important thing which is definitely worth mentioning is the JBL music system. Its that awesome. The below write-up is especially for the Zest Xms and XT owners who love bass(acceptable levels). On your HK system, do the equalizer settings as shown below. Pair your mobile via Bluetooth and start playing for eg: Dheevara song from Bahubali 320 kbps (just an example here). After the songs start playing in your Zest, then increase the volume to full on Bluetooth(very important). Then just listen to the song at about half volume on the Zest. I am sure you will be blown away by the beats.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-12141689_1083871694970453_7910617932215305486_n.jpg  

zesty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 14:09   #2292

Trying to negotiate price for Revotron XT. THE on-road price in Bangalore is 7.77. With the current offers and some negotiations here is what I am getting:
1. 15,000 cash discount or 333 offer. I guess 333 makes more sense
2. Basic accessories like mudflap etc worth 2000
3. 50% of on parking camera. In the test drive, the sensors seemed good enough, but still thinking of adding the camera too
4. Festive season scratch card with minimum 5000 cashback

They are adamant on not waiving off handling charges (7000). I even told my RM that Nexa is not having such charges for Baleno. But to no avail.

Do you guys think there is more scope for negotiations? The one thing I have not tried is calling up multiple dealers. Will do that today to get a sense of things in Bangalore

PS: The senior team leader at Concorde was pretty abreast with Team-BHP and the Zest thread. Sir, If you are reading this - come on, you can definitely sweeten up this offer a bit more. You have my number
nikhilkulk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 15:46   #2293

Quote:
Trying to negotiate price for Revotron XT. THE on-road price in Bangalore is 7.77. With the current offers and some negotiations here is what I am getting:
1. 15,000 cash discount or 333 offer. I guess 333 makes more sense
2. Basic accessories like mudflap etc worth 2000
3. 50% of on parking camera. In the test drive, the sensors seemed good enough, but still thinking of adding the camera too
4. Festive season scratch card with minimum 5000 cashback

They are adamant on not waiving off handling charges (7000). I even told my RM that Nexa is not having such charges for Baleno. But to no avail.

Do you guys think there is more scope for negotiations? The one thing I have not tried is calling up multiple dealers. Will do that today to get a sense of things in Bangalore

PS: The senior team leader at Concorde was pretty abreast with Team-BHP and the Zest thread. Sir, If you are reading this - come on, you can definitely sweeten up this offer a bit more. You have my number
Isn't 333 free anymore? Though they charged for it for a while but Tata brought the 333 offer back.

One question in case you have been in touch with Concorde, do they have a 2 year extended warranty plan. One of my friend was able to get it in Chennai (3 yrs + 2 yrs). He got 333 scheme for free and he topped it up for something around 8,000 to make it a Gold AMC. Will be cool with Concorde or any other dealer in Bangalore offers the same (i.e. 3+2 yrs warranty with Gold AMC).
Old 4th November 2015, 16:15   #2294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakiri View Post
Isn't 333 free anymore? Though they charged for it for a while but Tata brought the 333 offer back.

One question in case you have been in touch with Concorde, do they have a 2 year extended warranty plan. One of my friend was able to get it in Chennai (3 yrs + 2 yrs). He got 333 scheme for free and he topped it up for something around 8,000 to make it a Gold AMC. Will be cool with Concorde or any other dealer in Bangalore offers the same (i.e. 3+2 yrs warranty with Gold AMC).
Yes 333 is indeed free. But If I opt to not go for it, I am being offered a discount of 15,000. And yes the Gold AMC and extended warranty are also being offered by Concorde. Will definitely be going for it to ensure hopefully a hassle free and cash-free ownership.

Another though that has crossed my mind recently is, should I wait for one more month for the December year end discounts? Going by the trends, surely the offers should be better as compared to now.
Old 4th November 2015, 17:18   #2295

Quote:
Yes 333 is indeed free. But If I opt to not go for it, I am being offered a discount of 15,000. And yes the Gold AMC and extended warranty are also being offered by Concorde. Will definitely be going for it to ensure hopefully a hassle free and cash-free ownership.

Another though that has crossed my mind recently is, should I wait for one more month for the December year end discounts? Going by the trends, surely the offers should be better as compared to now.
Gold AMC costs around 17,000. As per my RM 3 year warranty and 3 year RSA is standard for zest even with out 333 confidence. If that is the case, you can probably get Gold AMC for additional 2000/- instead of opting for 333 and then another 8000/- to upgrade to Gold AMC.
vishnusv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks