Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2015, 14:26   #2326
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
Hi Team,
my ZEST XT QJT.. Got the same regn no 1919 as my sibling Indigo eCS

Sir, you are probably unique in owning both the compact sedans now available from TATA!

Would love to hear a comparison of the 2 cars from you? What features other than the electronics and the engine are different?
What would be the cost difference and do you think it is worth investing the extra bucks in the Zest?

Thanks !
Old 7th December 2015, 15:42   #2327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Have any of you done the Teflon Coating ? Is it worth to be done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
There is NOTHING like Teflon (R) coating. It is just a wax polish that will be applied and you will be charged for it. You will be better off getting your car detailed at a good detailer if you really want that 'power shine'
This is true. You could go to the closest 3M car care centre and get a proper paint protection coat done on the car after a thorough wash, because that is actually worth the money.

Quote:
What are the things i must make sure to check, since this is the second service and hopefully a more extended one, with change of oil etc.
I had the oil changed in the first service, and intend to get it done in the second as well. Would be good if you take a look at the owner's manual (page 137 onwards) and identify the changes/maintenance that need to be undertaken as part of this service based on the Kms that your car has run.

Manual is available online at this link.

Quote:
Are there any specific updates available for Connectnext ?
Please check and let us know as well if there are any updates.

Quote:
Iam not happy with the Headlights to be frank, seem under powered, have some of you changed the bulbs for better visibility ?
This is a possible reason:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnusv View Post
Low beams were aimed too low in my Zest too. You can find the adjusting screw behind the headlamp unit.
High beam on my zest was aimed too high. This was due to bad bulb holders and the bulb was not properly seated on the holder. I had to bend the bulb securing clip to fix it. This could be a common issue for all zests. After these fixes, I am pretty happy with the headlamps.
I have been extremely happy with the lights from the day we received the vehicle. They are far better than in my Rapid both in intensity and focus. The cut off is also cool in low-beam, and high beam is sufficient to brighten up the darkest nights with the OEM bulbs. If necessary, upgrade to the nightbreaker plus bulbs for a brighter beam at the same wattage.
Old 7th December 2015, 15:59   #2328

Hi Members

Got my Zest XTA Blue booking done today at Prerna Bangalore.

Was offered free insurance (zero dep b2b), 11,500 cash discount and accessories worth 5,000. 333 offer was not offered. Had to pay Rs. 18k+ for Gold AMC.

Is this a good offer or am I getting cheated?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old 7th December 2015, 16:25   #2329
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Finally got the insurance done at a good price.
Good to hear that. How much did you u get it for and from whom?

Quote:
What are the things i must make sure to check, since this is the second service and hopefully a more extended one, with change of oil etc.
During second service of my Zest, they changed Oil, Oil filter, Fuel filter and Air filer apart from wheel rebalancing (swapping front wheels with rear). They mentioned mud kit was installed but I haven't checked it to be honest.

Quote:
Are there any specific updates available for Connectnext ?
Yes, the software was upgraded. Though, not sure if it was just for Connectnext since it had updates for ABS, Steering and some other components. Haven't really noticed any difference with either as such.
Old 8th December 2015, 18:21   #2330
BHPian

Hi,

booked a dune beige zest last week and got the vin number also. The vin number suggests a Nov 2015 vehicle. But the problem is the PDI. When asked for PDI, the SA is saying that he can bring the car to the showroom only if 50% of the total amount is paid. I even suggested him that I can visit his godown in Nelamangala if he wants and ready to pay the margin amount as the bank will not be paying the amount in two instalments, either 100% or zero.

Please suggest me what to do :(

girish
Old 8th December 2015, 19:00   #2331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
either 100% or zero
Hi Girish - I am assuming that the bank is not funding 100% of on road price. Hence it should be OK if they pay the loan amount and you can hold onto the remaining till you complete PDI and give them the go ahead. If the remaining is more than 1L, I dont think the SA/Dealer will agree. Hence you should negotiate and get them to agree to you paying 50-75K of the final price when you are taking delivery of the car post registration. And until you sign the registration forms, they really cannot do much, hence you still have control over the car you purchase.
Old 8th December 2015, 19:14   #2332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Hi Girish - I am assuming that the bank is not funding 100% of on road price. Hence it should be OK if they pay the loan amount and you can hold onto the remaining till you complete PDI and give them the go ahead. If the remaining is more than 1L, I dont think the SA/Dealer will agree. Hence you should negotiate and get them to agree to you paying 50-75K of the final price when you are taking delivery of the car post registration. And until you sign the registration forms, they really cannot do much, hence you still have control over the car you purchase.
Thanks for the suggestion. But the problem is they are paying 95%, only 30k difference I am paying. So, I am worried...
Old 8th December 2015, 21:11   #2333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
only 30k difference I am paying
30K is not much but the way I see it, you dont really have a lot of options. You should still push for pre registration PDI and payment of 30K on the day of car delivery post the pre delivery PDI.
Old 8th December 2015, 22:01   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

booked a dune beige zest last week... But the problem is the PDI. When asked for PDI, the SA is saying that he can bring the car to the showroom only if 50% of the total amount is paid.

girish
I had a car loan when I bought the nano. I don't remember how the loan was dispersed i.e. before PDI or after.

I didn't use a loan to buy the Zest. I paid the token advance (20k IIRC in case of Zest) and then was adamant that I would pay only after PDI. They agreed after some protests. This was when the Zest was in huge demand.

You are the customer, they need you.
You are doing them a favor by buying a car from a brand that everyone warns you against.
You don't need this car desperately.
You are buying a car in the last month of the year, this will actually help the dealership.

Keep these points in your mind when you firmly refuse. The Zest is not flying off shelves to warrant the dealer having an advantage over you
nijelj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 22:14   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. But the problem is they are paying 95%, only 30k difference I am paying. So, I am worried...
No dealer is dumb enough to do the registration without receiving the full amount. Its also undair of you to ask that. What is the guarantee that you will pay the remaining 30k? Once the registration is done the dealer has no hold on your vehicle. Think from his aspect as well.

The ideal thing to do is do a PDI before registration
and then give the whole amount. Dont transfer 50% before PDI .
To inspect the vehicle before registration is your right and getting the full amount before registration is his right.
Old 9th December 2015, 00:46   #2336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
No dealer is dumb enough to do the registration without receiving the full amount. Its also undair of you to ask that. What is the guarantee that you will pay the remaining 30k? Once the registration is done the dealer has no hold on your vehicle. Think from his aspect as well.

The ideal thing to do is do a PDI before registration
and then give the whole amount. Dont transfer 50% before PDI .
To inspect the vehicle before registration is your right and getting the full amount before registration is his right.
I am sorry, did I gave the impression that I want the car to be registered in my name before I pay the full amount? If so, I am sorry. I was answering to an earlier reply where he has asked to withhold my part of the share till PDI.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 17:39   #2337

Hi Guys,

I had purchased my Zest RT XT from Tejaswi Motors Trimulgherry (Hyderabad) last year Dec. Subsequently, they had moved their Trimulgherry outlet to Tarbund and I continued to get their service. Now I am told that they have closed shop everywhere else in the city except their main outlet at Madhapur which is a bit too far for me. I am due for my 2nd service and have been told by them to look for a closer service centre. I am looking for inputs on the following two issues:

1. Tejaswi Motors has offered to renew my Zero Dep insurance for the 2nd year with a change in the company (1st year was United India and now it is Oriental) with an offer of an additional discount of 3000, which along with the NCB is working out to 13,484/-.

2. Meanwhile I have been contacted by Brindavan Motors (Tukaram Gate - Service Centre) which is much closer to my place who seem to have access to all the customer information and have offered to carry out the service with a free pickup and drop.

Would like to know if anyone in Hyderabad has had a similar experience/offer from Tejaswi regarding the insurance and also any feedback on Brindavan Motors for servicing would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any inputs on the above two issues.
Old 20th December 2015, 20:24   #2338

Hi Fellas

Got a call from Prerana Motors, Rajajinagar this weekend. They informed me that my Zest had come and that the same was there in their stock yard in Neelamangala. I went there on Saturday morning and first completed my loan agreement with SBI. Mr Manjunath from Prerana Motors, Rajaji Nagar was very helpful in getting my loan sanctioned and my agreements executed. Then, they asked me to make payment of the balance amount and said that they would get the loan amount disbursed on the day of invoicing. I insisted that I see my vehicle first and do a preliminary inspection before making payment. They offered me a ride to their Neelamangala stock yard and I got a chance to see my Zest. They had done some basic cleaning and had kept my vehicle in a shed ready for inspection. Have attached some pics for you (will help ppl comparing red vs blue zest ).

Didn't find any scratches or dents and all lights, music system, a/c etc. were working good. They further informed me that they will do a PDI prior to sending the vehicle for registration. Then, thanked the stockyard in-charge and took a ride back to Prerna Motors. Paid them my downpayment. Planning to invoice it this Dec end, register it Jan 1st week and get delivery on Jan 9 (auspicious day) for my delivery .

Have booked XTA Blue. Please suggest me if I should get any accesorries like art seat cover, 3d mats etc. Thanks in advance.

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-img-5.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img-4.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img-2.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img-1.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img-6.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img-7.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img-3.jpg  

Alakiri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 22:11   #2339
BHPian

I suggest you immediately go for zest branded seat covers, floor mats and mud flaps. These branded accessories are much much better than any other shop although a bit costly.
Ravindra M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 13:49   #2340
BHPian

Guys
Need your help in deciding between xt petrol and xma diesel.
I am used to manza for the past 5 years and we'll aware of capabilities of qjet engine - hence xma diesel.

On the other hand the XT petrol is 1l cheaper and comes fully loaded.

What I want to know is how light or heavy the petrol clutch is and if it's painful in city traffic ?

My running is about 10k a year (which I don't see changing in next 5 years) and diesel does not make economical sense. The only reason I am considering diesel is due to amt and torque .

Also, how does petrol feel on highways? Does it run out of breath easily?

What is the typical mileage in city and highway?

Last edited by sathish81 : 21st December 2015 at 13:50.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks