Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2019, 10:07   #2956
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilkulk View Post
Given the rumours that Concorde is shutting down, what are the next best alternatives for servicing Zest? Preferably around Bannerghatta Road and Koramangala (Bangalore). This is my 4th service (First Paid).
So any suggestions would be really helpful.
Generally not all of them will actually just shut shop. Many will get just taken over by other owners including the staff. That's what is being done in Pune. Earlier also when Pandit Auto shut shop in Pune, it was taken over by a new vendor (Bafna) along with all the existing staff. So for me, actually nothing changed other than the board on the workshop!

Since TML already has quite less dealerships/workshops in each city - it would be a surprise if the Concorde showrooms/workshops are not all kept active with new management/ownership. Maybe a few will drop as part of consolidation, but not many. You can informally check with your trusted service adviser. They generally know.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 23:29   #2957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilkulk View Post
Given the rumours that Concorde is shutting down, So any suggestions would be really helpful.
I have been hearing positive response on the newly opened TASS in Yelachenahalli, next to Metro cash and carry. I had visited there once for spares, the work shop looks modern not like what we have seen in our old TASS. You can try this..

Note : They don't sell parts over the counter.
varun560061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 09:08   #2958
BHPian

Re: Is it available?

Is the Zest still under production? Can I buy the 90PS Diesel version now?
Old 26th November 2019, 09:33   #2959
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Is it available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Yes absolutely. Attached is a price list (for Pune) that I had procured for a friend back in September for reference.
ZEST SEPT 2019.pdf
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 09:49   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
As I had posted earlier, Zest XTA is available with flat 2 lakh discount!
pseudo_coder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 13:52   #2961
BHPian

ZTA Diesel touches 11 lac rs on road. Won't a Baleno/Jazz automatic make way more sense to buy than this? or is the 2 lac discount on the price list that makes it around 9 lac rs on road for XTA?
Old 26th November 2019, 14:09   #2962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
ZTA Diesel touches 11 lac rs on road. Won't a Baleno/Jazz automatic make way more sense to buy than this?
But are they available as diesel automatics? I think that is the primary requirement. Also - Baleno's build compared to a 4 star rated Zest also comes into picture. I'd happily pay 1 lakh simply for the safety on offer.
Quote:
or is the 2 lac discount on the price list that makes it around 9 lac rs on road for XTA?
That is right.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 23:43   #2963
BHPian

Today when I started my car (after almost 2 weeks), noticed MIL light was continuously lit. At that time, I wasn't sure what it was and because I was on road, parked the car on the side, switched off ignition and back on and the light was no more lit. Not sure what that meant. Any ideas what it could be as I drove for about 8kms after that and switched off/on ignition multiple times and the light did not lit again!?

Just for a reference, this is the description in the service manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-screenshot_20191225233452__01.jpg  

Last edited by devilicious : 25th December 2019 at 23:45.
Old 26th December 2019, 08:45   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
ZTA Diesel touches 11 lac rs on road. Won't a Baleno/Jazz automatic make way more sense to buy than this? or is the 2 lac discount on the price list that makes it around 9 lac rs on road for XTA?
Zest gets the same Multijet 1.3L diesel but with a VGT (Ciaz, Ertiga and Brezza came with this engine - read higher segment), so power output is much linear, making it more suitable for an automatic. My father drives an XMA since 2014. It is undoubtedly better than those two. But if I needed a diesel automatic from that budget segment, I would go for the Amaze. Simply because the Zest gets an AMT and the Amaze has got excellent reviews for that diesel + CVT combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
But are they available as diesel automatics? I think that is the primary requirement. Also - Baleno's build compared to a 4 star rated Zest also comes into picture. I'd happily pay 1 lakh simply for the safety on offer.

That is right.
Yes, the Zest gives you that feeling of being in a solidly built car. It provides the best ride quality in the class, being a Tata, and at highway speeds, it masks speeds in a way that it feels like a car from another segment.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 10:46   #2965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I would go for the Amaze. Simply because the Zest gets an AMT and the Amaze has got excellent reviews for that diesel + CVT combo.
That actually is a very thought provoking point! The Amaze CVT diesel I think undercuts the Zest XTA on paper in S, V trims & VX is only marginally higher. The Zest of course is running unbelievable discounts right now making the real price far lower than the on paper one.

Still - a diesel CVT Amaze with much newer feel makes quite a solid case in comparison. Safety aspects unknown on the Amaze though.
Old 9th January 2020, 20:58   #2966
Senior - BHPian

I would love to trade in my diesel Zest XM 90 for another one, now an XT D ( for the 90 HP engine), provided I get fabulous discount. Not that I really need to change cars now but I may consider buying another one.

My current car is almost 1,05,000 km now. It still is very good. A new one is even better, if discounts are great.

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2020 at 07:03. Reason: Removing duplicate content
Old 9th January 2020, 23:11   #2967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
I would love to trade in my diesel Zest XM 90 for another one, now an XT D ( for the 90 HP engine), provided I get fabulous discount. t.
If you really like the Zest so much, I would say - just go for it. If they continue the Zest post April'20, then fine. Else considering how much your Zest has covered, and possible changes in their line-up, now would be a good time to get the one you like.

Btw, the Zest is on my list of possible (compact) sedans, down the line.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 08:42   #2968
BHPian

Quote:
I would love to trade in my diesel Zest XM 90 for another one, now an XT D ( for the 90 HP engine), provided I get fabulous discount. Not that I really need to change cars now but I may consider buying another one.

My current car is almost 1,05,000 km now. It still is very good. A new one is even better, if discounts are great.
My 2 paisa:

As an ex-Zest owner, i can relate to your feelings. Since you are interested in the diesel variant, do remember that the Fiat engine will die post BS-VI. Also, since you have already owned one for a fairly long period, it makes sense to try other products. Last year i traded in my 100,000 kms XMA for a new Nexon and i don't regret my decision.

If you are hard pressed on getting another Zest, do bargain hard. Try and see if dealers in your area are sitting on high inventory. In such a case, you will get an even sweeter deal in the next 1-1.5 month. In case the channel inventory is dried up, just strike a deal now.
Old 10th January 2020, 10:55   #2969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to play the devil's advocate, unless you have a ready buyer, the resale value will ensure that the decision tips in favour of sticking to your current car. Nexon though, definitely is a great upgrade from the Zest.

OT: I would like to drive your car once to get a feel of how different it feels from mine.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 10th January 2020 at 10:57.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 14:17   #2970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Sorry to play the devil's advocate, unless you have a ready buyer, the resale value will ensure that the decision tips in favour of sticking to your current car.
Great point that i missed to touch open. I sold my Zest XMA which was 3 years and 100,000 kms old for just 2.8 lacs. When new, it costed me ~8.2 lacs. This was when i exchanged it for Nexon XZ+. A direct personal buyer would have offered 30-40k more, is what i feel.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks