Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 21:29   #1531
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
I took my vehicle for 2nd service today (10,000 kms or 1 year). My odometer reads 10,200 kms and hence the service. When I was in early 9,000, I found that engine oil level was very low and turned completely black. I replaced the oil in Shell petrol bunk with synthetic oil for around 5k. Now when I took the vehicle for service, service is insistent on change of oil and they say they can't perform service without the change of oil. I couldn't understand that reasoning and hence brought my vehicle back thinking I will take it to better service centre in Chennai. Can you guys please tell me if the argument from service personnel was genuine? and change of oil outside Hyundai will have any impact on warranty?
First up, you should have taken the vehicle to an authorized station to understand why was the engine oil level so low and have made them check for any leakages. I'd recommend you to check the ground first up in the morning or after keeping the vehicle stationary for 4-6 hours for any visible leakages. Engine oil change at 10k is recommend and any authorized service center will not entertain the request to skip this. Also, not getting the service done, since you've changed the engine oil; would also hamper future warranty claims.

Secondly, the SA/Service Center have all the right to deny warranty claims since the engine oil was changed outside. I'd strongly recommend you to stick to an authorized workshop, at-least till the warranty expires. You wont believe the reasons they come up with to deny warranty claims and this situation could be a cake walk for them to deny one.

Last edited by k.sumit : 11th March 2016 at 21:38.
k.sumit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 22:01   #1532
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Now when I took the vehicle for service, service is insistent on change of oil and they say they can't perform service without the change of oil. I couldn't understand that reasoning and hence brought my vehicle back thinking I will take it to better service centre in Chennai. Can you guys please tell me if the argument from service personnel was genuine? and change of oil outside Hyundai will have any impact on warranty?
For the first 3 free services, any company authorised service centre HAS to follow the minimum company prescribed schedule, and this includes changing the engine oil during the 2nd & 3rd free services. The labour charges are borne by Hyundai for the free services, and for the workshop to claim the charges from Hyundai, they have to show that the work was completed and generate the bill accordingly. They may do more if the customer insists (such as getting an oil change during the 1st free service, with the consumables & labour charge being borne by the customer), but they cannot do less!

If they don't bill you for the engine oil & filter, Hyundai will ask them uncomfortable questions when the workshop claims the labour charges, and also note down that the maintenance schedule was not followed (thereby invalidating your warranty). So it's quite understandable that the SA insisted on an oil change.

I believe it was the Shell guys who pushed you for an unnecessary oil change, and that too of the expensive synthetic variety. The engine oil becoming black in colour is a common occurrence in a diesel engine, and doesn't necessarily mean the oil has gone bad. Slight dipping of the engine oil level is also normal during the initial period.

However, if there was a leak that lead to an alarming dip in the oil level, you should have taken the car to an authorised centre to identify the cause of the leak (after topping it up, if necessary), as the car is under warranty.

Anyway, there's no harm done now! You can still take the car to any authorised service centre to get the second free service done (you'll be billed for the oil & filter, only labour is free). It's recommended that you do this, so that your warranty remains intact. Don't give them an unnecessary reason to deny any warranty claim (should it arise).

After the warranty is over, you may happily change the oil to Shell synthetic or any other of your choice at any place of your choosing.

Last edited by RSR : 11th March 2016 at 22:07.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 23:54   #1533

hey guys,

This is in reference to my today test drive for the i20 from MODI hyundai. Kanjurmarg .. this is to inform you that it was good experience and the sales guy was very friendly and good. Having said that, they are offering amazing deals and discounts as compared to Sharayu Hyundai in Navi Mumbai. So if anyone here from Navi Mumbai plans to buy this car I strongly recommend to reach out to MODI Hyundai..

In addition to this.. I also have something to share in the pic which was strange I am not sure if this is due to poor quality or rough use. There is a crack in steering fiber .Please share your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20160311_152742.jpg  

Old 12th March 2016, 16:02   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Iv had an i20 for a short while and have found that I could do with a stronger high beam. The light is too diffused at present

Could someone suggest bulb upgrades?

While many folks have upgraded to the white light bulbs, I would prefer not to use those
Have been using Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited, from the beginning when I realized that the stock headlamps are not going to be sufficient from my frequent highway drives. Wanted to go for a Philips Rally 100/90 with a relay but couldn't since Hyundai has a cover on the bulb holders and the ceramic ones wouldn't fit in there.

Trust me, the Unlimited ones are awesome, powerful indeed with a nice throw. Plus, no warranty issues at all!

It has been almost 8 months now since I've been using them.
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 12:03   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Folks, my younger brother has a Elite i20 Asta CRDi and wants to upgrade the HU to the new touchscreen one that is available as an option. He checked up online and found few sellers on OLXs selling "claimed" orig one for ~Rs 15-20K. Its looks genuine, made in Korea but I am wondering anyone has prior experience with this kind of purchase. Sharing a link of one such post. please provide your feedback and inputs on how to ensure its a genuine product and not fake.

https://www.olx.in/item/hyundai-i20-...tml#ae00903708
Old 15th March 2016, 14:33   #1536

Hey guys, wanted to check with the group here if painting the breaks will void the warranty on the car. Have an 8month old I20 and thinking about painting the breaks but dont want to loose the warranty because of this small modification.
Old 18th March 2016, 10:21   #1537

Hi Guys. Recently a truck hit my car and damaged the front bumper, front left side headlight and the windscreen.
I showed it at a service center near my apartment and they gave me a rough estimate of about 22k (9k for bumper, 9k for windshield, 4k for the headlight).
I went to my service center and claimed insurance with their help. As per insurance the cost of fixing the car was 13.5k (headlight was an eay fix so no replacement).
Ignoring the headlight cost, estimate should still by ~18k. Where did these guys saved money ? do insurance get special prices from service centers ?
Old 18th March 2016, 16:43   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity View Post
Hi Guys. Recently a truck hit my car and damaged the front bumper, front left side headlight and the windscreen.
I showed it at a service center near my apartment and they gave me a rough estimate of about 22k (9k for bumper, 9k for windshield, 4k for the headlight).
I went to my service center and claimed insurance with their help. As per insurance the cost of fixing the car was 13.5k (headlight was an eay fix so no replacement).
Ignoring the headlight cost, estimate should still by ~18k. Where did these guys saved money ? do insurance get special prices from service centers ?
Insurance companies work in a different way. I think you would have to Google some stuff to know exactly. There are millions of people who get their vehicles insured but only thousands who get claims every year for accident. So the rest of them just gave premium for nothing or if you say for an unfortunate accident which may or may not happen.

That is the logic on how insurance companies work. I am sure someone can give a better clarity on this.
Old 20th March 2016, 11:15   #1539

The cost of front bumper is just 3000 and windshield is just costs only 2500. Bumper painting will be around 2000 and windshield sealant around 1500. Add labor charges and small other things.
balachandran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 15:21   #1540
BHPian

Guys,

I have been curious about knowing if current generation elite i20 (2016) projector headlamps could fit in our cars (2015).

For the same, today I visited Sharayu Hyundai and along with their accessories head tried to check if even fitting the same is a possibility or not.

To my dissapointment the plugs that fit in the 2015 elite i20 headlamps are different from 2016's. So, it cannot be done without losing warranty.

But, in previous posts here some users bought i20 active's projectors and fitted them in their elite's without fuss. How??
Old 22nd March 2016, 09:20   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Guys,

I have been curious about knowing if current generation elite i20 (2016) projector headlamps could fit in our cars (2015).

For the same, today I visited Sharayu Hyundai and along with their accessories head tried to check if even fitting the same is a possibility or not.

To my dissapointment the plugs that fit in the 2015 elite i20 headlamps are different from 2016's. So, it cannot be done without losing warranty.

But, in previous posts here some users bought i20 active's projectors and fitted them in their elite's without fuss. How??
You can fit the new Elite i20 projectors on your 2015 model but not Active's. Price is INR 30k for 2 projector headlights with DRLs. You will have to spend another 4% i.e. INR 1200 to get in your insurance policy and then you are all sorted.
Old 22nd March 2016, 09:34   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
You can fit the new Elite i20 projectors on your 2015 model but not Active's. Price is INR 30k for 2 projector headlights with DRLs. You will have to spend another 4% i.e. INR 1200 to get in your insurance policy and then you are all sorted.
Hi Ricky,

Was that a direct fit? Yesterday, I checked for the new Elite i20's (2016) projectors only and the dealership's mechanic while checking for the same, said the ports are different and won't attach.

You know someone who got it done?
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:29   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ricky,

Was that a direct fit? Yesterday, I checked for the new Elite i20's (2016) projectors only and the dealership's mechanic while checking for the same, said the ports are different and won't attach.

You know someone who got it done?
Not sure about direct fit, I canceled my plan the moment I heard the price.
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:44   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Not sure about direct fit, I canceled my plan the moment I heard the price.
I am ok with the price but the fitment concerns me. Hopefully, someone who have done it for their elite i20 would see my post and respond.

God, I love those projectors.
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:13   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
I am ok with the price but the fitment concerns me. Hopefully, someone who have done it for their elite i20 would see my post and respond.

God, I love those projectors.

If you are ok to splice a few wires of your original car wiring harness, it should work beautifully.

What I've noticed is that Hyundai cars that come with projectors tend to have different wiring compared to the lower variants that don't come with projectors and DRLs

I did it for my Verna too, I just loved those projectors. IMHO Nothing aftermarket comes close to the OEM ones.

Refer this post of mine:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3930123

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks