Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 11:26   #1456
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
35k just for the projector headlights or it also includes other features that they have brought in?
Just for Projectors with DRLs
ricky_1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 14:09   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Just for Projectors with DRLs
Projectors with regular bulbs and DRL's for 35K is justified to some extent considering peace of mind on warranty and the fact that you retain your original headlights also.
I had inquired with the Morimoto distributor in Mumbai couple of months back & he had quoted 20 - 22K for Ballast, Harness and HID's. 10K additional for LED DRL's. The only worry for me was that all this would be done on my original headlights and what if something went wrong during that process. Also my outstation trips have drastically reduced in last 1.5 years hence I just upgraded the bulbs to Osram NB Unlimited. Simple process & the low beam had improved quite a bit. The high beam in the city is a disappointment but then you cant get the world for spending 1.5K!
Maverick1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 11:57   #1458
BHPian

I wish to upgrade stock tyres of asta 195/55/r16 to 205/55/r16 please let me know will doing so void my warranty
Old 8th February 2016, 17:52   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I see something interesting here unless I missed this before.

There is now a Asta (O) variant which has the 7" touchscreen AVN system but now also gets the projector lights with LED DRL from the Active i20.

Also I don't see the Sportz (O) which is actually pointless since the Sportz gets ABS+2 airbags itself. Only thing the Sportz loses is those gorgeous 16" alloy wheels.

Earlier the only variant which seemed worthwhile was the Asta variant as others sacrificed on safety.

Now the Sportz makes a real strong case for itself. Add the alloys later on and it's brilliant package if you cannot spend extra for the top spec ASta (O).

That said the Asta (O) now is fully loaded. There is not a single feature you can say is missing in the top trim.

If I want a no compromise complete hatch, the Elite i20 Diesel Asta (O) is the pick of the lot.
To add some more info.

Have seen last Saturday, New i20 elite Magna variant also loses on Front Fog lamps, instead it gets moulded plastic trim at that place.
All these changes has left Magna variant with very less creature comfort features, to count like -All power windows & central locking, etc.
Earlier i20 Magna always looked a very sensibly equipped variant with fantastic value for money proposition, but now it seems that it has gone out of that equation making it more like a base variant.
All this maybe an attempt to differentiate it from Sportz variant but it doesn't seems to be a welcome move, if not coupled with price correction.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 17:54   #1460
BHPian

Could someone confirm that the VIN number for the Elite i20 is 17 characters now?

Was decoding the number sent by the showroom and it is only 17 characters, because of which I cannot find month of manufacture (19th char according to the TBhp link)

Thanks!

Last edited by udainxs : 8th February 2016 at 18:06.
Old 8th February 2016, 18:08   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post

Could someone confirm that the VIN number for the Elite i20 is 17 characters now?

Was decoding the number sent by the showroom and it is only 17 characters, because of which I cannot find month of manufacture (19th char according to the TBhp link)

Thanks!
Yes, it is 17 chars now a days. I have raised the similar question around May 2015 when i purchase this.
Old 8th February 2016, 18:12   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Yes, it is 17 chars now a days. I have raised the similar question around May 2015 when i purchase this.
Thanks Jebs.

Just came across your thread but couldnt delete my post.

Says there that the full number is mentioned under the driver's seat. Could you confirm that that is 17 characters too? Also, how did you find out month of manufacture?
Old 8th February 2016, 18:18   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Jebs.

Just came across your thread but couldnt delete my post.

Says there that the full number is mentioned under the driver's seat. Could you confirm that that is 17 characters too? Also, how did you find out month of manufacture?
Actually i did not check the full number printed under the driver seat. I'll check it tonight and confirm you. I had found out the month only on visiting to the stock yard as soon as i got the notification from the sales guy. Even the sticker (with some barcode ) pasted on the rear quarter glass has 17 digit VIN only.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 19:06   #1464
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post

The SA's generally share only the 17-digit VIN, however you can ask them to provide you the entire number which can be found under the driver's seat.

Had the same experience when I purchased my vehicle as well, and the SA wasn't even aware that the VIN is also printed here! The VIN on the sticker is 17 digits which is the only thing most SA's are aware of.
phoenixash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 19:19   #1465
BHPian

I am planning to buy I20 Sportz Petrol but before that just wanted to get insight on maintenance for it. I know regular service cost ranges from 4K-7K and its fine by me.

However people generally does not consider spare part cost etc while considering long term ownership. I am planning to keep car for 7-8 years.

Can anyone of you provide me approximate cost in case of following

1. Front windshield change cost
2. Bumper change cost
3. Clutch overhaul cost
4. Timing belt change cost
5. Break disk change cost

Other cars in my list is Baleno Zeta and price of both is pretty much same and both have Airbags + ABS now.

Last edited by karansm4u : 9th February 2016 at 19:20.
Old 10th February 2016, 23:22   #1466
BHPian

Finally got the delivery of my 2016 diesel i20 Elite Asta (O) today and feeling elated for choosing the same as of now. The delivery process was fine although the SA's were themselves not acquainted with the features of the new AVN. Have driven only 30 kms. as of now & it sure feels like money well spent. Thanks to Tbhp for all the vital info. required which made me go for the vehicle.
Old 11th February 2016, 11:12   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
Finally got the delivery of my 2016 diesel i20 Elite Asta (O) today and feeling elated for choosing the same as of now. The delivery process was fine although the SA's were themselves not acquainted with the features of the new AVN. Have driven only 30 kms. as of now & it sure feels like money well spent. Thanks to Tbhp for all the vital info. required which made me go for the vehicle.
Congrats Man! Please do post some pics.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 22:38   #1468
BHPian

I just got to know that Elite I20 does not have auto-locking doors feature in Sport variant.
Its very useful feature and not sure why Hyundai missed it. Is there any after marked solution available for this?
Old 12th February 2016, 03:35   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
I just got to know that Elite I20 does not have auto-locking doors feature in Sport variant.
Its very useful feature and not sure why Hyundai missed it. Is there any after marked solution available for this?
It's not available in any variant. :sad:
Wonder what made them not add it as a feature in India. Although I have got used to doing it manually but, hurts that even my previous car figo had this function.

BTW I own an asta diesel.
Old 12th February 2016, 10:42   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
As far as I know, the feature is not available in any variant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks