Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 12:24   #706

We drove home our elite i20 (sports) yesterday.

Hyundai has really disappointed by revoking some features in the sports model.

Besides taking off the leather steering wheel, boot lamp and secondary power outlet, they have also taken off the secondary (spare) smart key. What you now get is a plain key in the name of spare key.

Fail to understand the logic in hiked prices and downgrading the features at the same time.
Old 12th May 2015, 12:26   #707
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Hi All, Is the Hyundai Car's VIN numbers are just 17 digits? Our portal says in 19, But I've got it from my SA is only 17. Please confirm guys asap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Hyundai vehicles VIN number consists of 19 digits and they are stamped below the driver seat.
Please correct me if I am wrong, the following sticker is present on the left rear window and as you can see, VIN has only 17 digits. Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-car.jpg

The following is the invoice provided by the dealer and it also has 17 digits. But the chassis number has 19 digits (VIN + "*D"). I guess this is the one to be considered for checking the month of manufacture. Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-vin.jpg
Old 12th May 2015, 13:58   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-06 View Post
We drove home our elite i20 (sports) yesterday.

Hyundai has really disappointed by revoking some features in the sports model.

Besides taking off the leather steering wheel, boot lamp and secondary power outlet, they have also taken off the secondary (spare) smart key. What you now get is a plain key in the name of spare key.

Fail to understand the logic in hiked prices and downgrading the features at the same time.
Congrats for your purchase man! It's ridiculous to see such things when they remove features and hike the prices. Absolutely meaningless.

It's awkward to see only one power outlet in the Asta model, the one displayed in our official review page looks cool.

Is the Auto folding mirror function will work only if the car engine is running?

I tried it accessory mode, it didn't respond.

Any quick suggestions on Good Year Assurance TripleMax tyres?

Is the upgrade(changing good brand) recommended?

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th May 2015 at 14:52. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 12th May 2015, 14:27   #709

Quote:
Congrats for your purchase man!
Thanks, bro!

Quote:
It's ridiculous to see such things when they remove features and hike the prices. Absolutely meaningless.

It's awkward to see only one power outlet in the Asta model, the one displayed in our official review page looks cool.
Hyundai might think they played cleverly here but one question they should ask themselves is if their action has resulted in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction.

Too bad Hyundai has decided to take their customers for a ride with this ridiculous strategy.

Quote:
Is the Auto folding mirror function will work only if the car engine is running?

I tried it accessory mode, it didn't respond.
No. It works even when the engine is not running. I just tried in after reading your post.
Old 12th May 2015, 14:37   #710
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I took my I20 Elite for a spin yesterday, a friend of mine got married yesterday and the location was approximately 80KM away from my place.

I was dis appointed by the Climate Control unit of this car. The car was full(5 adults with average weight of 75KG's)

The Climate Control unit seemed to be inadequate to me, It took a really long time to get the temperature down. Well, there was a lot of heat outside, maybe 40 Degrees Celsius, but still I found the unit to be not upto the mark.

The AC is super good when its just one/two people sitting in the car, but I think its not enough when the car is full and under extreme outside temperatures.

Does anybody else have a similar experience.

Note: My car is two weeks old and has done 700KM's till date
Old 12th May 2015, 14:41   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, Is the Hyundai Car's VIN numbers are just 17 digits? Our portal says in 19, But I've got it from my SA is only 17. Please confirm guys asap
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewExperience View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong, the following sticker is present on the left rear window and as you can see, VIN has only 17 digits.
Just to correct you since you're wrong, the sticker is not to be checked when checking the VIN number in Hyundais. The full VIN number is mentioned in a plate below the driver's seat. Only that will give you the full VIN number, if you want to check month of manufacture.

I had also mentioned this in the VIN numbers thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post3630005
Old 12th May 2015, 15:18   #712
BHPian

Is the 'Automatic' variant of Elite i20 on cards anytime soon?
Old 12th May 2015, 22:59   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Just to correct you since you're wrong, the sticker is not to be checked when checking the VIN number in Hyundais. The full VIN number is mentioned in a plate below the driver's seat. Only that will give you the full VIN number, if you want to check month of manufacture.

I had also mentioned this in the VIN numbers thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post3630005

Since I have just been allotted the car by Hyundai I checked with my dealer regarding the VIN number and he gave me a 18 digit VIN number saying there is no 19th digit (he mentioned that there was a # at the start). I entered the VIN number at http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Hyundai and it gave me year as 2015 but did not give me the month.
How do I find out the month of the car manufacture?
Old 13th May 2015, 06:48   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
Since I have just been allotted the car by Hyundai I checked with my dealer regarding the VIN number and he gave me a 18 digit VIN number saying there is no 19th digit (he mentioned that there was a # at the start). I entered the VIN number at http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Hyundai and it gave me year as 2015 but did not give me the month.
How do I find out the month of the car manufacture?
The Dealer is taking you for a ride. There cannot be a #in the VIN. Since the last digit is the month, I suspect he is giving you digits 1 to 18.

Tell the dealer you want to go to the stockyard and check out the car. As I said, the actual 19 digit VIN number is stamped below the driver's seat. Make a note of it and decode to get the month.

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 13th May 2015 at 06:51.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 13:27   #715
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2015 at 15:03.
Jebs is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th May 2015, 09:48   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Went to Advaith Hyundai, the service guy immediately told me that, it is how ABS works, he even tried to show me a video of how ABS works, which I have seen earlier.

I explained, I know how ABS works, and then finally he asked a technician to come along with me for a test drive, I couldn't replicate the problem, but was close enough, the technician also accepted the problem, but language barrier prevented in a more meaningful discussion.

Came back and talked to the SA again, he again maintained that it is standard behaviour of ABS models, I asked him, be it ABS or any other stuff, the thing is supposed to work when I want it to!!

He then asked me to take a test drive on a demo car, the petrol i20 elite was not available, so he asked me to check on a i20 old model diesel, and sure enough the brakes were better.

I told him , then again he went about saying, that we cannot do anything, opened the bonnet and checked the pipes for the brakes, they all seemed normal.

What I could make out from the technician's words was that petrol i20 elite on slow speeds has this issue, he was saying that is now normal with all i20 elite petrol cars.

Will be more careful at slow speeds, @Aniket can you please check with SS Traveller if he was also on slow speed, when this happened?

Regards
Shailesh
Ok,

Same thing happened yesterday, the brakes became so hard, as if the engine is not running, I replicated it by being on second gear on a slight slope road, put the foot off the accelerator, and kept pressing the brake every 5 seconds to slow the car down, every time the pedal was getting harder than earlier, and at one moment it became super hard, I pushed it with a good force, the pedal did not depress as much as it does normally, but it did stop the car immediately.

Now I get what the SA was telling in broken english, I think he meant that the brakes do apply, but the pedal wont depress so much, or one will feel them to be too hard, or something like that..

I have faced it twice in a day, so would be aware of what to do,when it happens again, please do check this with your car, and let me know.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 16th May 2015, 15:24   #717
BHPian

Bad thing happening at Shreenath Hyundai (Mumbai):

They are forcing all Hyundai elite i20 owners to go for a 5,000 -6,000 km service interval citing Mumbai as the reason for it being a tropical region. Yes, they first said, "that's hyundai policy sir". When I showed them the manual then only did they blame it on Mumbai.

Do your homework well before you visit these guys. Stick with 10,000kms interval unless you personally feel otherwise.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th May 2015 at 08:35. Reason: Deleting incomplete sentence
Old 16th May 2015, 16:00   #718
BHPian

This random reports of brake related issues are disturbing. It could become a major safety concern. Hyundai Service centers have any offered any consistent reason for these occurrences?
Old 17th May 2015, 21:00   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Bad thing happening at Shreenath Hyundai (Mumbai):

They are forcing all Hyundai elite i20 owners to go for a 5,000 -6,000 km service interval citing Mumbai as the reason for it being a tropical region. Yes, they first said, "that's hyundai policy sir". When I showed them the manual then only did they blame it on Mumbai.

Do your homework well before you visit these guys. Stick with 10,000kms interval unless you personally feel otherwise.
I got the 1st service of my elite i20 done yesterday at Modi Hyundai Goregaon. There was a huge difference between them and the service I used to get at Tata Motors although I used to know very Sr. people at Tata's and hence the service was above average there also.
I asked the SA on the next service & he told me very clearly that it will be after a year's time. In fact the service reminder has also been set likewise inside the cluster.
I had almost bought my i20 from Sreenath but some how at the last moment just didn't feel comfortable with them. They were simply refusing to even try to get a faster delivery which Modi did & even ended up living up to the expectations.

Would suggest visiting Modi Hyundai service station and speaking with Vaibhav. Found his service to be quite prompt (he called 3 times to remind me that the car was ready & I can collect it.)
Old 17th May 2015, 23:41   #720
BHPian

Is it possible to enable the automatic door locking on the i20?
Can the dealer enable it for a price?
It's a very convenient feature they've left out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks