Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2015, 17:53   #586
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Received a call from the SA today. The car's in transit from Chennai and should reach Delhi in a few days. Will be ready for delivery by the weekend.

Here's the official accessories with price list. Anything worth getting?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20150412_164814.jpg  

naru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 22:26   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Received a call from the SA today. The car's in transit from Chennai and should reach Delhi in a few days. Will be ready for delivery by the weekend.

I suggest the reverse parking sensor / camera if you are NOT comfortable with the size. Rest are avaoidable unless you are a "bling" guy!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 22:52   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I suggest the reverse parking sensor / camera if you are NOT comfortable with the size. Rest are avaoidable unless you are a "bling" guy!
No bling please!

I'm thinking more in terms of car cover, seat covers and some black rubber strips around the fenders that prevent scratches. And maybe underbody anti-rust coating?

Is it advisable to get all this from the showroom? Prices seem to be on the higher side...
Old 12th April 2015, 23:25   #589
BHPian

Got my car back from the 1st free service (10K). The service cost was 4036 for
engine oil - (5.3lts) - 1370
oil filter-393 RS
Filter cartridge - 1759

Overall the car feels good after the service at HMP Chennai (Guindy)
Old 13th April 2015, 13:42   #590
BHPian

Hello all,

I've booked Elite i20 ASTA VTVT white and I'm expecting the delivery end of this month.

On road comes around 8 lacs with no freebies. I'm taking this via company car lease option.

Reason for not going to diesel is ,
1. Monthly running around 500-800
2. No Vitamin M to afford Top-end diesel ( I need all bells & whistles which ASTA offers)
3. As per some amateur calculation, petrol makes sense than buying diesel version (w.r.t i20)

My queries,
1. I'm fond of Michelins , but i couldn't find the same size in Michelin (in case i got bridgestones, I do want to change'em)
2. existing petrol owners please comment,
Being an under powered engine (1.2) for this big hatch, anyone felt pulling issues with people on board and ac is running?

Currently I'm driving Alto, which requires AC to be switched off to get the good pick-up. Is the similar requires here as well?

Please comment/advise

Last edited by Jebs : 13th April 2015 at 13:43.
Old 13th April 2015, 15:00   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Being an under powered engine (1.2) for this big hatch, anyone felt pulling issues with people on board and ac is running?

Currently I'm driving Alto, which requires AC to be switched off to get the good pick-up. Is the similar requires here as well?
Congrats on your purchase!

I currently own a 1.1 litre i10. In that too, to overtake you have to switch off the AC

But that problem didn't seem to be so bad in the petrol i20 when I test drove it. Why don't you TD it yourself??

If your running is low it makes infinite more sense to go with the petrol considering the whopping 1.5 lakh premium for diesel.
Old 13th April 2015, 18:04   #592
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post

All IMO can be avoided. Body cover: If you don't have a covered parking space, else avoid.

Only advantage I see here is peace of mind for the installation as anything goes wrong will be taken care by the dealer/ASC. Just check with the SA on the terms of warranty if the accessories you are interested are installed after market way.

If you are keen first check the prices outside, compare and then decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Look at the Part Number: 7 - Reverse Parking Sens'a'r!
Old 13th April 2015, 18:06   #593
BHPian

Quote:
My queries,
1. I'm fond of Michelins , but i couldn't find the same size in Michelin (in case i got bridgestones, I do want to change'em)
1. I dont think there is a need to change tyres. I have sportz VTVT and have done 10k Kms till now on stock B250 Bridgestones 14 inchers. But they are not as good as Michelin's.

2. There are no pulling issues as such but with full load you will definitely feel loss of power. I mostly drive alone and power felt adequate for me.

Hope this helps.
Old 13th April 2015, 21:11   #594
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I'd recently gifted myself an Elite i20 and the first service came in quite early, within 20 days of purchase of the vehicle.

1000kms Service:

Everything went well except for one! While collecting the car back from the service centre, I found a dent on the body line (LHS) of the bonnet.

Took up the issue with 'Sharayu Hyundai' and as normal practice it is to, I was shooed away...

Feedback Call:

I am asked why I gave 'unusually' low ratings on the feedback form. I told her that the dent was the reason along with the way people from the dealership handled the situation.

I am requested to revisit the dealership for verification, again.

Visit to the service centre:

I reached at 'Sharayu Hyundai' (Navi Mumbai) in the morning yesterday. Was expecting someone to attend me who has understood my issue. Instead I find the service head there, arguing with me for sometime proving that the dent didn't occur at their place (please note that this guys have stringent car checking procedures before collecting the car).

While showing how these dents could just occur if applied with lots of pressure, he ended up putting '7' more of those 'dents' just by his fingers without applying any pressure at all.

The guy/service head also checked on the other elite i20s available at their disposal. Guess what? Same dents could be recreated on these demo vehicle's bonnets too.

Conclusion:

It was concluded as being a product defect from the manufacturer (due to lack of reinforcement behind the body line area) and the dealership assured me of taking this up with Hyundai India itself. Anyways, I will get my bonnet done from them, but right now it's confirmed that the bonnet has weak points and they dent on the elite i20 !

I will keep you guys posted.

Please note, the dents are on the top middle portion of the bonnet's body line on either side of the elite i20.

PS:
5 plus dents on the right side
1 dent on the left side

Zoom on the images to see the dents properly. Sorry for the angles, I will click the pictures again!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i201.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i202.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i203.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i204.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i205.jpg  

Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 22:58   #595
BHPian

Thanks naru and ckranjan for your comments.

I've did test drive few times, but didn't get a chance to test this scenario (full load with AC on and over-taking or some accelerating). Since, I had Fiesta diesel i didn't experience, but not sure with Petrol cars.

I strongly feels/experienced the comfort level which Michelin offers, hence planning to go for suitable Michelin if bridgestones offered to me. Else, I'll insist the dealer to give Appolo tyres.
Old 14th April 2015, 12:18   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hi Everyone,
Jeez, is this for real?

This car gets dents if you lightly press on the metal?

What are these guys using to manufacture this car? New mix of Plastic + Steel?

Last edited by bblost : 14th April 2015 at 15:43. Reason: Please avoid quoting large posts in full. Thanks.
Old 14th April 2015, 14:57   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

@Dinesh_Malhotra keep everyone posted on the remedy for this. Also are you very certain that this defect is across all the cars? Also did you try pushing the small dent from underneath the bonnet to see if it pops back up? If the sheet is that flimsy the opposite should be possible too. I always close the bonnet of my Getz with a little push when I don't want to be making a loud thud noise and it feels extremely solid. I've never lifted the i20 bonnet but the Getz one is certainly very heavy & durable (I've even leaned on it partially many times). The i20 which is its equivalent cannot be this bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
What are these guys using to manufacture this car? New mix of Plastic + Steel?
I for one hope the situation with the bonnet isn't as fragile as it seems to be from the above photos, if by merely sinking a thumb if one can create a distortion, it means the gauge of metal sheet used over the rigidity frame shouldn't be used henceforth, absolutely appalling if proven universal. I hope we're not jumping to conclusions too soon though. As far as your reference to plastic goes actually an ABS/CFRP bonnet wouldn't be such a bad idea over a steel frame as plastic simply doesn't dent or deform, at best it could break under very heavy impact but it'll certainly absorb all the bumps, knocks, pushes & sit-downs of day-to-day.
Old 15th April 2015, 11:12   #598
BHPian

My ASTA (P) has clocked 13650 so far and never faced pulling issues even when the car is fully loaded (5pax) with AC on. I have made a very good choice opting for petrol version and has worked out too good so far without any issues. I'm just struggling to find a reason when the service guys call up for any complaints

Quote:
Hello all,

I've booked Elite i20 ASTA VTVT white and I'm expecting the delivery end of this month.

On road comes around 8 lacs with no freebies. I'm taking this via company car lease option.

Reason for not going to diesel is ,
1. Monthly running around 500-800
2. No Vitamin M to afford Top-end diesel ( I need all bells & whistles which ASTA offers)
3. As per some amateur calculation, petrol makes sense than buying diesel version (w.r.t i20)

My queries,

Please comment/advise
ssengo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 11:49   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
My ASTA (P) has clocked 13650 so far and never faced pulling issues even when the car is fully loaded (5pax) with AC on. I have made a very good choice opting for petrol version and has worked out too good so far without any issues. I'm just struggling to find a reason when the service guys call up for any complaints
Cool man. How did I miss you? I was looking for ASTA (P) owners in Chennai to get the feedback.

Your comments giving me some relaxation as every other (non-T-bhpains) complaining to go for Hyundai Petrols. As it's neither performer nor fuel-efficient.

Did you change the tires or keeping existing one? What are the add-ons you did , Please share me. (sorry if missed out earlier)
Old 15th April 2015, 14:07   #600
BHPian

I kept the stock tires (Good Year) and no complaints yet with good road grip considering 90% of highway travel so far.

I left my Asta to 3M to take care of the following mandatory enhancements right after the delivery:

Underbody Rust Coating
3M windshield protection
Scratch protection on all 4 corners
Nomad floor Mats

Jeevajee Car Decors took care of leather seat covers ( for their job)

Other add-ons:
Garmin GPS @ 15k
Transcend Drivepro 200 Car Dash cam @ 9k
Black & Decker Car Vaccum cleaner

I haven't made any electrical mods to break warranty and end up with electrical problems later.

Hop this helps. Happy Motoring

Quote:
Cool man. How did I miss you? I was looking for ASTA (P) owners in Chennai to get the feedback.

Your comments giving me some relaxation as every other (non-T-bhpains) complaining to go for Hyundai Petrols. As it's neither performer nor fuel-efficient.

Did you change the tires or keeping existing one? What are the add-ons you did , Please share me. (sorry if missed out earlier)
ssengo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks