Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:06   #646
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Intention was never to damage. It was to reassure myself
What of you come to know during the delivery of your i20,someone else has too tried to reassure himself by testing his hand on 'your' i20,how would it feel.

Anyways let's leave it here and get back to the Elite i20.
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:13   #647
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

I too have booked this car and I am very excited about it. Sometimes, when I see a i20 parked on the road, I pause a moment to get a good look at it. I guess that's the maximum one should do(if the car owner is not present).

Quote:
Reading the reactions here I get what I did wrong: No one likes a stranger messing around with their property.
So, I guess this brings the discussion to an end. Can we get back to i20 please?
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:48   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What of you come to know during the delivery of your i20,someone else has too tried to reassure himself by testing his hand on 'your' i20,how would it feel.
See boss, we don't live in a perfect world. You take your eyes off your car and you don't know what someone else is doing to it. Reassuring, scratching, abusing, etc.

i20 is a new and popular model and it will attract attention, both wanted and unwanted. You have to live with it. You can only hope that others have the civic sense and decency not to cause damage.

Can't say anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Anyways let's leave it here and get back to the Elite i20.
I wouldn't mind. And Hyundai wouldn't mind. On this thread, I'm getting more attention that the i20!
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:44   #649
BANNED

Sir, you have absolutely no right to touch anyone's property without their explicit permission.
You went ahead and tried to damage their cars, not one but two cars.
Absolutely shameful act, I can't believe how you brag about it here, on an enthusiast forum and then defend the act without any morals.
This is wrong on so many levels. I have actually experienced this, someone body slammed my cars bonnet and left a big dent resembling a persons buttock (thus, the conclusion of a body slam). I felt like crying that day. You are supporting vandalism and are just the same as people who key other people's cars (two drawings on my car again make me experienced). In my honest opinion, you don't deserve to be here.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 18:24   #650
BHPian

Quote:
See boss, we don't live in a perfect world. You take your eyes off your car and you don't know what someone else is doing to it. Reassuring, scratching, abusing, etc.

i20 is a new and popular model and it will attract attention, both wanted and unwanted. You have to live with it. You can only hope that others have the civic sense and decency not to cause damage.

So basically, ur trying to justify yourself by saying that if the rowdy vandalists can cause damage, why cant you do some minor experiments of your own?
You yourself are expecting people to have civic sense and decency, while performing those experiments. Thank god nothing happened!
Old 23rd April 2015, 18:36   #651
BHPian

People, please get back to the i20. If you have something personal to say, please PM the concerned person, don't take it out on this thread.
To other i20 owners, why is there so much water flowing out from the AC drain? There always seems to be a bucketful of water beneath the car when parked.
Old 23rd April 2015, 19:02   #652
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Let's get back to the Elite i20. Enough has been said about this incident. Further posts on this will result in moderator actions.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd April 2015 at 19:06.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 13:30   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
People, please get back to the i20. If you have something personal to say, please PM the concerned person, don't take it out on this thread.
To other i20 owners, why is there so much water flowing out from the AC drain? There always seems to be a bucketful of water beneath the car when parked.

I am observing this daily when I stop the car to open the gate to my house.

There is a small puddle when the car moves ahead. I am going to ask the A** guys when my car is due for the next service.
Old 24th April 2015, 14:10   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
There is a small puddle when the car moves ahead.
Possibly the thermostat/thermistor not cutting off the compressor quickly enough and causing icing? That can be the only explanation for significant water. There's no way the drier inside the passenger compartment can extract so much water that you find it excessive.

Typically, icing is accompanied by a drop in cooling capacity and reduced airflow - have you experienced that prior to parking your car?
Old 24th April 2015, 14:12   #655
BHPian

Quote:

I was just about to tell this. I too noticed the same just when my cousin's kid told me, you car did soosoo after a long drive. I first thought it was some oil leak. Then found out it was pure water. Is it because of the absence of engine cladding?
Old 24th April 2015, 14:46   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Possibly the thermostat/thermistor not cutting off the compressor quickly enough and causing icing? That can be the only explanation for significant water. There's no way the drier inside the passenger compartment can extract so much water that you find it excessive.

Typically, icing is accompanied by a drop in cooling capacity and reduced airflow - have you experienced that prior to parking your car?
I took delivery of my car on wednesday so today is the third day for her.

I am assuming that this is how it is since I dont think there is any issue with the compressor.

Also, the cooling is perfect, I am not able to find faults with the cooling speed.
Old 24th April 2015, 19:23   #657
BHPian

This is normal and nothing to worry about. Cheers.
Old 24th April 2015, 19:37   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

The AC is a chiller and works flawlessly. Its just that I haven't seen so much water in any previous cars that I have owned.
Old 25th April 2015, 10:53   #659
BHPian

Quote:
I also share the same observation. When the car was delivered back in September last year, a couple of days later I took it out for a spin and stopped midway to click some pictures, I noticed that their is a lot of 'fluid' leaking. Without checking if it was water or oil, I rushed the car straight to the dealer on a Sunday, who summoned a mechanic who lived nearby only to tell me it was 'normal'.

Same goes for when I take the car out of parking in the morning over an incline and it looks like a dog has walked the trail peeing.

I think experts on this topic can shed more light.
Old 27th April 2015, 19:41   #660
BHPian

Can anyone guide me on antenna replacement of the elite? I would like to go for a shorter stubby antenna. I checked ebay. Couldn't find the sparco antenna in black color. Any alternatives for the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks