Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 09:53   #736
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
If you drive in city and with max 2 people, it's certainly not a deal breaker. Depends on your expectations. If you want performance then certainly it's not there. A proper TD will help you choose.

I have driven close to 11000 KMs. For me the lowest I have got is 12 and max 18 till now. My drives include Highways or just drivable village roads.
My Asta Petrol has clocked 14900 kms so far and absolutely no compromise on the AC unit and this is the best in segment. It takes hardly few minutes to cool the cabin at approximately 37-38 degrees in chennai. I see no difference between Petrol and Diesel versions about the cooling capacity. Hope this helps
ssengo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 11:18   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
My Asta Petrol has clocked 14900 kms so far and absolutely no compromise on the AC unit and this is the best in segment. It takes hardly few minutes to cool the cabin at approximately 37-38 degrees in chennai. I see no difference between Petrol and Diesel versions about the cooling capacity. Hope this helps
AC is good. Even in Rajasthan summers when the temp. is hovering around 45 degrees, the AC cools well. If comfort and convenience is a priority then i20 is one of the best cars around. Very happy till now.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 11:21   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Wonder why! Is the petrol engine reeeally that bad? I know it isn't as good as the diesel, but is it such a massive deal breaker for someone who likes a cool looking but practical hatch that isn't a Fiat?

For someone who wants a stylish looking petrol hatch, from the B2 segment, I really don't see any choices other than the i20. Am I right?
For a stylish looking petrol hatch, the VW Polo would qualify. Swift too, perhaps.

A stylish looking petrol hatch with proper passenger space, now that's the i20 Elite for you. Its petrol engine is not very powerful, that may be the issue the buyers are preferring the diesel, would be my guess. (Good for both city & highway, per the user feedback here).
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 13:01   #739
BHPian

Great to see petrol i20 owners chipping in with their views! Thanks all!

After looking through all the comments, I've persuaded my friend to TD both petrol and diesel models to see which suits his needs better.

Considering that the car will be bought through a loan, who knows, he might just end up getting the diesel!

Monthly EMI will differ by 3-4K I guess. Lets see. TD has been planned for this Saturday.

Oh, and just one other thing! My colleague was unaware of Team-bhp, till I showed him the official review.

He isn't what you'd call a petrol head you see.

But ever since then, I can see him spending most of his time in the office browsing team-bhp . He's thinking of getting a membership lol.

So thanks to everyone who contributed with their views and opinions! And a BIG thank you to the friendly mods who ensure that the standards are unbelievable high, always!

Keep rockin fellas! Thanks & cheers!
Old 21st May 2015, 10:31   #740

Hi Guys. I got my white i20 Petrol delivered a few days back and it had those "delivery red ribbons" on it. It rained and now there is a red/pink color strip on my bonnet ! how to remove it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_2490.jpg  

Old 21st May 2015, 11:29   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
Is the 'Automatic' variant of Elite i20 on cards anytime soon?
There is a speculation that Hyundai i20 Active might get 1.4 Petrol and automatic gearbox. Refer this post for further details.
Old 21st May 2015, 11:44   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity View Post
Hi Guys. I got my white i20 Petrol delivered a few days back and it had those "delivery red ribbons" on it. It rained and now there is a red/pink color strip on my bonnet ! how to remove it ?
Don't do anything. Wait for the next rain, it will wash off automatically.

If you really want to do something, try colin spray with soft cotton cloth. Do not rub excessively.

If it still doesn't go, use diesel.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 12:04   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
If you really want to do something, try colin spray with soft cotton cloth. Do not rub excessively. If it still doesn't go, use diesel.
Rohan
Congrats and wish you lots of smiles on the miles Which variant? Any "missing"/ "additional" stuff from the original launch?

On the ribbon problem, I would suggest a wash with any normal car shampoo. No way there could have been a colour transfer on to the paint

Colin would be a bit tough on the paint, no?

Last edited by vinjosep : 21st May 2015 at 12:11.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 12:09   #744

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Congrats andh wish you lots of smiles on the miles Which variant? Any "missing"/ "additional" stuff from the original launch?

On the ribbon problem, I would suggest a wash with any normal car shampoo. No way there could have been a colour transfer on to the paint

Colin would be a bit tough on the paint, no?
Thanks guys for the help !

There are a few things missing that I noticed such as leather cover on gear knob and steering wheel. Also lamp in back storage is missing. Everything else is "as is" I guess !

Oh and its a Patrol Sportz variant !

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2015 at 12:28. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 21st May 2015, 20:34   #745
Team-BHP Support

Looks like a feature has been silently deleted from the newer Elite i20's. 2x12V DC ports in the front was a stand out feature.

The newer ones only get one.

Image of the earlier 2 ports:
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 21:31   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Get some Polish and a microfibre cloth. That will come off easily.
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:57   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Looks like a feature has been silently deleted from the newer Elite i20's. 2x12V DC ports in the front was a stand out feature.

The newer ones only get one.
Yep, you are right.

I wonder what else has been removed.
Old 22nd May 2015, 13:08   #748
BANNED

Guys this might not be related but I would ask anyway I have a portable car vacuum cleaner with me lying since a while got it as a gift.
I recently bought a Elite i20 petrol model wondering whether it would be compatible with it.
Old 26th May 2015, 14:02   #749

Hello friends,

I finally got my Elite i20 Asta (P) car yesterday after a long wait of 5 months !
As pointed out by @Vid6639, Hyundai has removed the second power outlet and comparing the feature list in the brochure, even the ticket holder is gone.

I am now looking out for the seat covers and the 3D mats for the car.
Thinking of going for the 3M underbody rust coating. Wanted to check with you all whether this is really helpful? On the 3M website they have 2 packages - one with a 5 year warranty and one with a 2 year warranty.

Any other enhancements that I should go for or you would recommend?

Thanks.
Old 29th May 2015, 15:59   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai to launch Elite i20 AT in Diesel soon

Quote:
As per the sources, the company is in plans to launch the 6-speed automatic transmission to the Elite i20 Diesel variant where the price is expected to be around INR 70,000 more than its on-going one. It is also said that this automatic transmission will only available in the Elite i20 Elite version and not in its i20 Active version.
http://gaadiwaadi.com/hyundai-to-lau...l-soon-231502/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks