Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2017, 03:53   #2236
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post

The biggest disadvantage for LEDs in the amount of heat it produces. I am not sure how Phillips have addressed this issue.
Quite the contrary. A LED based headlight setup would produce the lowest heat when compared to a halogen or HID based setup.

Last edited by harsh79 : 21st June 2017 at 04:15.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 06:59   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronello View Post
Thanks. However I do not have PM privileges on team-bhp. So request you to please share the manual on a wetransfer link and pm the link to me.

At the same time I found this link where any and every technical information for Hyundai cars is available after free registration.

The owner manual is in separate sections though.

https://service.hyundai-motor.com:444/euro5/login.tiles
Please check your message box for a shared link.
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 09:00   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Looking to sell my elite i20 petrol sportz 2014 Nov model Bangalore registration. Mint condition, 27k km, not sure what should be the asking price can anyone help, with what would be a fair price for an excellently maintained car?

Cardekho fails to come up with a valuation price!!

Regards
Shailesh
You can check this link in the official website of Ford for pre-owned cars:

https://fordassured.in/car_valuation.php
Old 21st June 2017, 12:27   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I have been contemplating of retrofitting HID's (with Projectors of course) in my i20.
Did you get them changed? I am not at all happy with the performance of the stock halogens during night drives. Can we get them changed at the ASS? I do know that ASS guys change to Phillips extreme vision and Osram Night Breaker bulbs which are direct replacements but they are halogens. Please let me know if you have got them replaced. I will also check with my SA on the bulbs you mentioned if they can replace it. I think that halogens produce more light than the LED bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas80 View Post
I have two-year-old Elite i20 CRDI, done 32000+ kms.

The noise from the steering column began just shy of the 30,000 mark and weeks before the 2-year warranty ended.
Last week, I too started getting a kind of karkar/chuiiichuiii noise (mine is a 2017 asta(o) diesel that has run just 2100kms) and this noise used to come after driving for some time. Initially it used to come only when the steering was moved towards the left (slightly at a particular position only) and slowly the sound then started coming whenever the vehicle went through a rough (ups and downs) kind of road. The sound was coming when I was on my way to the ASS to show it to my trusted SA. He then took me on a test drive to produce the noise (he adjusted the driver seat before moving off) and the sound was not reproduced at all when he was in the car. Neither has the sound occurred since then. Could the seat position have been the culprit in my case (maybe a particular position was causing this?). I have taken the vehicle on 50-60km drive in the city over different road surfaces and the sound is not coming anymore. strange!
Old 24th June 2017, 12:24   #2240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Last week, I too started getting a kind of karkar/chuiiichuiii noise (mine is a 2017 asta(o) diesel that has run just 2100kms) and this noise used to come after driving for some time. Initially it used to come only when the steering was moved towards the left (slightly at a particular position only) and slowly the sound then started coming whenever the vehicle went through a rough (ups and downs) kind of road. The sound was coming when I was on my way to the ASS to show it to my trusted SA. He then took me on a test drive to produce the noise (he adjusted the driver seat before moving off) and the sound was not reproduced at all when he was in the car. Neither has the sound occurred since then. Could the seat position have been the culprit in my case (maybe a particular position was causing this?). I have taken the vehicle on 50-60km drive in the city over different road surfaces and the sound is not coming anymore. strange!
Yup, the noise is not constant. Maybe that's why the service centres can't figure out how to fix it.
Old 24th June 2017, 13:18   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas80 View Post
Yup, the noise is not constant. Maybe that's why the service centres can't figure out how to fix it.
That sound from my car was coming from the seat. I moved in the car when it was switched off and the exact same sound came again. Took it to my SA and he got the nuts bolts tightened and greased. Have been on ~100km drive plus daily 50km office commute. No sound whatsoever.
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 07:58   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
That sound from my car was coming from the seat. I moved in the car when it was switched off and the exact same sound came again. Took it to my SA and he got the nuts bolts tightened and greased. Have been on ~100km drive plus daily 50km office commute. No sound whatsoever.
Which way the seat was adhusted?
Hight or fore/aft. I will also try it before going to the ASC.
Old 26th June 2017, 23:58   #2243
BHPian

Interestingly, got a mileage of 13.6 kmpl in the last run. After the survey from Hyundai two weeks ago about mileage and other stuff, i decided to follow the gear shift indicator on the instrument cluster, to check the effects. It was a bit difficult at first, and i found that i was actually shifting before the ECU asked me to. Then sobered down a bit for a week and started to shift whenever i found the indicator on the panel. From last week's mileage of 12.4 this new 13.6 looks good, will try to continue it now.
Downside? Traffic jumps past you at the traffic signals, while you wait for the rev and the up shift indication 😀
Not much of a problem, and I'm finding the actual 3rd and 4th drives smooth and elegant.
anoop_gkris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 19:09   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
Which way the seat was adhusted?
Hight or fore/aft. I will also try it before going to the ASC.
Well it wasn't adjusted for height or length. The nuts and bolts were tightened and greased. I'm a bit on the heavier side so may be that was the reason why the sound was coming as the nuts bolts might be rubbing against the frame on which the seats are fixed whenever I adjusted/moved in the seat.

Just try getting that adjustments done and check. To be honest I own an i10 and my cousins own Hyundais. We've not encountered any steering related issues till today. Could something similar (like my case) needs to be tightened in your car? Sometimes the most confusing of problems have the simplest of solutions
Old 29th June 2017, 21:00   #2245

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
Interestingly, got a mileage of 13.6 kmpl in the last run.
I have a Asta VTVT (O) December 16 and was following the gear shift indicator all these days. But, I never got the mileage more than 10+ till today i city driving and I was filling petrol only at BP station at RR Nagar. This time I went to Shell pump and surprisingly I got the mileage of 11.4 (Full tank to full tank). Let me try two more months and will update back. During long drive I am getting around 16.

Last edited by ampere : 29th June 2017 at 21:41. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 30th June 2017, 15:23   #2246
BHPian

Saw the stylish steel wheels in the new Asta up close. It has a glossy silver finish which makes it look very much like a alloy wheel.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20170625_102151432.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20170625_102144760.jpg
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 15:31   #2247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
Saw the stylish steel wheels in the new Asta up close. It has a glossy silver finish which makes it look very much like a alloy wheel.
All due respect to your view Torino, but two things here buddy:

- Those actually are 'Alloy' wheels, and not steel wheels if I am not wrong.

- More importantly, they look a lot more 'Cheapish' than 'Stylish'
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 15:55   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
All due respect to your view Torino, but two things here buddy:

- Those actually are 'Alloy' wheels, and not steel wheels if I am not wrong.

- More importantly, they look a lot more 'Cheapish' than 'Stylish'

Well, Hyundai calls it the 'Stylish Steel Wheels' as per their website and brochure. As the name suggests, it is supposed to be made of steel unless Hyundai wants to confuse everyone.

Last edited by Torino : 30th June 2017 at 15:58.
Old 30th June 2017, 17:01   #2249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
One of the main features which made me fall in love with i20 when I was searching for car, and made me jealous after I bought a different one was it's awesome alloy wheels. Not jealous anymore. Why did they do this? Cost cutting?
Old 30th June 2017, 17:16   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
One of the main features which made me fall in love with i20 when I was searching for car, and made me jealous after I bought a different one was it's awesome alloy wheels. Not jealous anymore. Why did they do this? Cost cutting?
It is only the base Asta variant that gets these 'stylish steel wheels'. The Asta (Dual tone) & Asta (O) still has the diamond cut alloy wheels. Yes there are three Asta variants right now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks