Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2017, 08:09   #2371
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
First damages are always painful....
no point in repairing such a small scratch now. Will get it touched up during the 2nd service.
We all hear you, the pain...

From the picture, it seems to be a paint transfer than any paint damage. Would suggest a mild abrasive-based polish coupled with some elbow grease. You might not then even need a touch-up and could leave the result as a "beauty-spot"
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 17:55   #2372
BHPian

@Rahul - Could you share the service center name, location and Service Advisor who took care of the repair and replacement of the thermistor, accumulator valve and evaporator? Am petrified that this might happen to my 1 year old car and would like to be prepared.
Old 20th November 2017, 14:16   #2373
BHPian

Did anyone face the issue when try to opening the fuel lid? I'm experiencing this now-a-days as it requires approximately 10 times to pull the lever to open the fuel lid.
Old 20th November 2017, 15:25   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Did anyone face the issue when try to opening the fuel lid? I'm experiencing this now-a-days as it requires approximately 10 times to pull the lever to open the fuel lid.
Yes. Yesterday itself. Its been happening off and on for a while now and my car is less than 2 years old
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 23:41   #2375
BHPian

I got this part replaced under warranty :

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-actuator_mode-9089193/

There was a noise coming from the dashboard when changing modes and on startup and shutdown of the vehicle.

This is probably an actuator which handles the flow of air from the ac vents.

This part is also used in Tucson petrol models too.

Last edited by ckranjan : 20th November 2017 at 23:43.
Old 21st November 2017, 12:45   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
We all hear you, the pain...

From the picture, it seems to be a paint transfer than any paint damage. Would suggest a mild abrasive-based polish coupled with some elbow grease. You might not then even need a touch-up and could leave the result as a "beauty-spot"
Thanks, will look into it.

Meanwhile, the very next day, my car was keyed in 3 different places by some miscreants. Its been an unlucky week for me.
Old 21st November 2017, 14:38   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have been facing this for last 1.5 years. My car is 2+ years old and I have reported this several times during service and other visits. They tinker with release mechanism inside and it works well for a week or 2 and is back to usual again. I have given up correcting it anymore, I just ask the petrol bunk guys to push it inside onde and then I pull the lever and it works well that way
mudhasir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 14:40   #2378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
i20 elite vtvt. The vehicle does not start. I do not know if battery is an issue as the vehicle is exactly 2 years old and vehicle has been clocking 1500 kms every month.
Quote:
This could be the battery drained issue. I left my car with panic indicator running on cold day for 1-2 hours, when i came back. I was hearing only tuk tuk sound from the start. Called a local battery shop guy to jump start the vehicle. Paid 250 bucks for the same. Drove the car 10-15 minutes things back to normal now.
This is the indication that the battery needs replacement at the earliest.
Even our Elite i20 CRDi needed Battery Replacement this year.
Our car gave this tuk tuk sound when it was with our Dad and I suggested him to push start the car.
Again after few days same problem in front of me.
So got the battery checked at our friendly battery dealer who informed that the battery is slightly weak. And Push-Button-Start i20s need fully healthy battery as this Push-Button-Start System does not tolerate even small drop of charge unlike Key Start i20s.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2017, 14:41   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Yes, I have been facing this for last 1.5 years. My car is 2+ years old and I have reported this several times during service and other visits. They tinker with release mechanism inside and it works well for a week or 2 and is back to usual again. I have given up correcting it anymore, I just ask the petrol bunk guys to push it inside onde and then I pull the lever and it works well that way
Thanks! Sounds good idea! I'll try this today.
Old 21st November 2017, 18:28   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Please keep us updated with the development.
Final update : Received the new compressor assembly. Took 6 working days after ordering the part. Few valves and pipes came with the compressor. The whole thing was changed and gas was charged. The compressor looks a little bit different from the old one in design.

A valve and some other components were also changed. They did update the firmware of the climate control unit and cleaned the vents and cabin filter.

The hissing sound is gone completely now and the cooling is back to normal and consistent. They have asked me to go a bit easy on the AC for few days, keep it around 24 deg, and not to keep it running continously for a long time. Also have asked me to take in the car for a checkup after a week just to make sure everything is working fine and there are no leaks anywhere.

Thankfully, i was not charged for the gas or anything else. They washed and cleaned the car for free too. Hope nothing else goes wrong now.
Old 22nd November 2017, 11:09   #2381
BHPian

Hi bhp-ians,

I drive 2016 Elite I20 and wanted to know if anyone here has had an underbody hit with 5 passengers on board? On one occasion I was driving with 5 adults (medium built) and the car scraped over the bumper even when I tried to cross it in 1st gear. Wanted to know if other Elite owners have faced a similar issue, especially members from bangalore which has unscientifically designed speed breakers scattered all over the place.

The other issue I wanted to point out is the lower portion of the front bumper has a slight curved design which sometimes scrapes when driving over unpaved country roads. Has anyone faced this issue as well?

Any comments will be highly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundaielitei2012.jpg  

adutta2k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 12:44   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
On one occasion I was driving with 5 adults (medium built) and the car scraped over the bumper even when I tried to cross it in 1st gear. Wanted to know if other Elite owners have faced a similar issue, especially members from bangalore which has unscientifically designed speed breakers scattered all over the place.

The other issue I wanted to point out is the lower portion of the front bumper has a slight curved design which sometimes scrapes when driving over unpaved country roads. Has anyone faced this issue as well?

I don't own an i20 but I think I can still give my view here with respect to my experiences.
I own a 2011 Punto (models prior to 2012 are known for it's low ground clearance) and a 2016 Aspire. Aspire has a pretty decent ground clearance comparatively. Despite that, I scraped the underbelly a couple of times when the car was loaded with 5 adults. I agree that the speed hump was a bit bigger adding to the fact that there was a pothole near the edge of it, all of which managed to scrape the underbelly. But, this happens only when the car is fully loaded. If I drive alone I am able to negotiate the same speed breaker without any fuss.
Lesson learnt: If a speed breaker or a pothole is big enough to bother, negotiate it cross wards. Some big speed breakers are sure to scrape the bottom if you tackle it straight, no matter how slow you go or in which gear you are in.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 22:17   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
Hi bhp-ians,

I drive 2016 Elite I20 and wanted to know if anyone here has had an underbody hit with 5 passengers on board? On one occasion I was driving with 5 adults (medium built) and the car scraped over the bumper even when I tried to cross it in 1st gear. Wanted to know if other Elite owners have faced a similar issue, especially members from bangalore which has unscientifically designed speed breakers scattered all over the place.

I did not ever found scrapping ground with 5 adults on bad roads. I had 2-3 trips like that so far. ( Pune people might know the Tamhini road)
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:27   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
I got this part replaced under warranty :

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-actuator_mode-9089193/

There was a noise coming from the dashboard when changing modes and on startup and shutdown of the vehicle.
I had got the middle ac vents replaced, as the vent adjuster broke off, since then there is a sound that comes from the dashboard, when the car is switched off, dint quite notice it on starting the car.

Was this what you were facing, apart from the sound are there any other effects, Is it a problem which has to be fixed immediately?

Regards
Shailesh
Old 23rd November 2017, 09:36   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
I had got the middle ac vents replaced, as the vent adjuster broke off, since then there is a sound that comes from the dashboard, when the car is switched off, dint quite notice it on starting the car.

Was this what you were facing, apart from the sound are there any other effects, Is it a problem which has to be fixed immediately?

Regards
Shailesh
There was no other problem than the weird sound. the AC was working perfectly fine. But with time the sound got louder and louder. So lookout for that.
It became an irritant. So much so that the Service people got unnerved with that.

Hope this helps.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks