Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2018, 10:38   #2431
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Just like they say "This Happens only in India", we may add this to it "This Happens only with Hyundai"

Frankly Speaking, Hyundai have this habbit of stripping features from their models soon after launch.

My cousin had bought a Verna CRDI in 2008, and shockingly it didn't have Audio System, Wheel caps. These 2 were fitted at dealer at extra cost.

My i20 Asta which I have stopped using since 2016 (Looking for a replacement) has all the features that the current Asta (O) has minus the Projector Headlamps, Side & Curtain Airbags, Touch HU. Facelift should see rejig in features again.
Old 15th January 2018, 13:56   #2432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to M.V. Guhan for sharing!

Attachment 1716931
The same happened an year back when Sportz (O) was phased out and Asta was made in 3 variants-Asta what you see, Asta dual tone with alloys and Asta O with all the features of old Asta.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4182471
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 16:38   #2433
BANNED

Cost cutting galore, new wheels look so ewww!
Most likely its a bid to make the face lift more appealing with a comparison to the current asta.
Old 19th January 2018, 19:19   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post

All said, manufacturers are playing the game based on their positive reputation. They try to cash in as much as possible when they are on top. It is very difficult to change their approach when there is so much of demand for their products. All we can do is vent out our frustrations on forums like this.
Hah hah. You are absolutely right it seems.
Even if in today's competitive market, consumers are said to be the king and they do have choice/options, still manufactures remain one step ahead and always seem to have an ace up their sleeves to make the customers dance to their tunes
anu007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2018, 17:37   #2435
BHPian

Hello all.
I bought ASTA(o) crdi a little over 3 months ago. When I took test drive before booking, the sales rep told me to slow down and shift to 1st gear while going over speed breaker. At that time this didn't sound trivial to me. (May be I should have enquired more about it)
After my car came, I noticed that while going over speed breakers (those small stubby badly designed sharp bumps in E-city service roads) at >10kmph speeds, I'm hearing thud sound. If I'm in first gear and below 8-10 depending on the size of the bump I don't hear this noise. Also, over the smooth bumps in NH, this sound doesn't come even if I'm at about 20. During 1st service I told this to the service rep and he checked and told nothing is wrong. He advised me to go slow over speed breakers as this sound is common to i20s.
Is that so?
I browsed through this thread quickly and found a few people have talked about this sound - but for them, this happens only during morning time. For me, this happens at any time of the day. Should I be concerned?
Old 20th January 2018, 17:50   #2436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurupalani View Post
During 1st service I told this to the service rep and he checked and told nothing is wrong. He advised me to go slow over speed breakers as this sound is common to i20s.
Is that so?
Yes, your SA should be right as I had the same symptoms with my 2017 asta diesel. Take it slow, if possible in 1st gear, especially the sharp ones and you should be fine.
Old 21st January 2018, 11:18   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all.
I bought ASTA(o) crdi a little over 3 months ago. When I took test drive before booking, the sales rep told me to slow down and shift to 1st gear while going over speed breaker. At that time this didn't sound trivial to me. (May be I should have enquired more about it)
After my car came, I noticed that while going over speed breakers (those small stubby badly designed sharp bumps in E-city service roads) at >10kmph speeds, I'm hearing thud sound. If I'm in first gear and below 8-10 depending on the size of the bump I don't hear this noise. Also, over the smooth bumps in NH, this sound doesn't come even if I'm at about 20. During 1st service I told this to the service rep and he checked and told nothing is wrong. He advised me to go slow over speed breakers as this sound is common to i20s.
Is that so?
I browsed through this thread quickly and found a few people have talked about this sound - but for them, this happens only during morning time. For me, this happens at any time of the day. Should I be concerned?
I have an Elite i20 Asta (2016) - from the first month I have observed this thud thud sound on speedbreakers. I thought it was something loose but forgot to mention it during the regular service. Now that you have mentioned it, it seems that this is a normal sound.
Old 22nd January 2018, 17:13   #2438
Senior - BHPian

After all the din produced by the new Swift, there's a deafening silence from the Hyundai camp regards 'new' Elite i20 due to be launched at the Auto Expo '18. I think they don't want to comment on all the 'feature deletion' in the new avatar. Instead of adding features Hyundai has been deleting features from their mid and lower variants and also increasing prices.
Old 22nd January 2018, 20:45   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all.

This is mainly because of the soft suspension of i20. This is not an actual problem but just a bit of caution provided by the car to the driver to take it carefully...
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 19:21   #2440
BHPian

Strange thing happened to me past weekend while I was getting my i20 CRDI refuelled at Shell. After refuelling the car refused to start twice and cranking went into infinite loop till I pressed the Start/Stop button again to stop the cranking. I asked the pump guys there to move the car away from the fuelling point by couple of meters; tried once more and then it magically started.

My battery health status in last service was on the lower side but still not critical. I am wondering if it is the battery or could be something else given I drove the car to the fuel bunk which is 3kms from my home and also stopped in the mall midway and all these times it started well. Gave the car nice run before shutting down to avoid battery related issues.. haven't seen a problem again this week. Just worrying if it doesn't point to some bigger issue.
Old 31st January 2018, 12:49   #2441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Strange thing happened to me past weekend while I was getting my i20 CRDI refuelled at Shell. After refuelling the car refused to start twice and cranking went into infinite loop till I pressed the Start/Stop button again to stop the cranking. I asked the pump guys there to move the car away from the fuelling point by couple of meters; tried once more and then it magically started.

My battery health status in last service was on the lower side but still not critical. I am wondering if it is the battery or could be something else given I drove the car to the fuel bunk which is 3kms from my home and also stopped in the mall midway and all these times it started well. Gave the car nice run before shutting down to avoid battery related issues.. haven't seen a problem again this week. Just worrying if it doesn't point to some bigger issue.
Its your battery showing sign of dying soon, if the battery is relatively in good health to trade in, change it and you will not see this problem again. However the loop of cranking should be addressed at the service station.
Old 4th February 2018, 21:52   #2442
BHPian

My Elite I20 Petrol has completed 2 years so went for 3rd service free service. While i was there i also looked at the extended warranty since i am planning to purchase one.

Following are the packages for EW.

For next 3 years (i.e. Upto 5 years of car life): 17K and taxes ~ 20,000/-
For next 2 years (i.e. Upto 4 years of car life): 7700 and taxes ~ 9,000/-
For next 1 year (i.e. Upto 3 years of car life): 5500 and taxes ~ 6,500/-

In last 2 year my car has only completed 7900 KM since we only use it locally so everyday it runs 5-10KM.
I am confused between 4 year vs 5 year. I will be keeping the car for long but difference is 11K. So does it make economical sense to go for 5 year warranty for such low running or I should just take 4 year warranty? What kind of major failure Elite I20 has seen and in what year of ownership?
Old 5th February 2018, 18:27   #2443
BHPian

I have gone ahead and purchased 5 year EW. Paid 20,600 including GST, it seems little pricy and compared to 4 year its almost 11k more. However I do believe that cars not so reliable components have high chance of failure during 4-5 year of ownership.
So I choose to invest in EW and have 5 year of trouble free ownership.
Old 9th February 2018, 16:24   #2444
BHPian

Hello,

I happened to see a post in social media that the AVN of 2016 model i20 is upgradable to Android Auto / Apple Car play and some members of the i20 groups have done it.

Apprarently we need to download the updates from Hyundai Map Care and select the files to download as per your AVN (NAND FLASH / USB)

Anyone got any idea on this ?Anybody tried this ? Dealers / SA will say that it is not possible and you need to change the HU only.

Mine is a Nov 2016 model Elite i20 Crdi Asta O. Currently i do not have the Android Auto in my car's AVN .
Old 10th February 2018, 15:55   #2445

Hello Friends,

I'm in Hyderabad and I have a Elite i20.
Can you suggest where can we get a paint job and dent fix for my car front Guards. The Hyundai service center will be asking for a full replacement.

Thanks,
Prashanth

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks