Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2018, 11:57   #2506
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
My 2016 i20's mid does not have features such as distance to empty, range, average fuel consumption etc., which are in the new 2018's mid.
Hello,

I have a 2017 Asta (O) CRDi. It would be fantastic if this comes.

I had a word with two of my trusted Hyundai SAs in Bangalore. They mentioned that as of now they haven't got any ECU update for the previous models. They aren't sure if anything will come up in the future. He told that if any update comes we will be notified over SMS.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Dhananjay_Desai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 16:32   #2507
BHPian

I too own a Asta Crdi (o) 2017 model. Had written to the customer care of Hyundai asking if it would be possible to give us the AFE/ DTE options in the MID via an update in ECU.

They have replied that the regional office of Hyundai will reach out to me on this specific issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai View Post
Hello,

I have a 2017 Asta (O) CRDi. It would be fantastic if this comes.

I had a word with two of my trusted Hyundai SAs in Bangalore. They mentioned that as of now they haven't got any ECU update for the previous models. They aren't sure if anything will come up in the future. He told that if any update comes we will be notified over SMS.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Rajesh K R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 17:34   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
I too own a Asta Crdi (o) 2017 model. Had written to the customer care of Hyundai asking if it would be possible to give us the AFE/ DTE options in the MID via an update in ECU.

They have replied that the regional office of Hyundai will reach out to me on this specific issue.
Thanks much! Could you please help me in how you contacted the customer care? I'll do the same. Maybe they'll listen if we get enough voices out there.
Old 20th April 2018, 19:30   #2509
BHPian

Hello Dhananjay, I wrote to this mail id.
crservice@hmil.net
And got the reply
Old 22nd April 2018, 05:35   #2510
BHPian

I will be getting the delivery of i20 Asta on 28th. Two questions to SA and the resultant replies were not very convincing to me.

Spare wheel : I was told that Asta, though it comes with alloy wheels, the spare will not be alloy one. Upon asking the reason, was told that the tubeless tire will ensure that one will not be stranded on road with a flat tire . Not at all convinced with this. Have all the Asta owners received spare with no alloys?

Tires: SA was no sure what brand will they be and will be known during delivery time. Told me all the stuff about tire serial numbers and all but I was not convinced that the tire will change from car to car.
Old 22nd April 2018, 07:03   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post

Spare wheel : I was told that Asta, though it comes with alloy wheels, the spare will not be alloy one. Upon asking the reason, was told that the tubeless tire will ensure that one will not be stranded on road with a flat tire . Not at all convinced with this. Have all the Asta owners received spare with no alloys?
1. My 2017 Asta Option comes with steel wheel spare tire. But the good thing is that the tyre size is similar to other four tyres (195/55/R16). Other competitors offer 165 section tire as spare. So even though it is not an alloy it is not a big problem. Also I dont think any manufacturer below 15 lakh (except ecosport maybe ) gives spare wheel as alloy.

2. My car has delivered with good year assurance tires. They are average quality tyres and not very bad or scrap as some people say. Because tyre size is R16, it will cost a bomb to upgrade to better rubber ( around 7000-8500 per tyre depending on the brand). So my advice is to stick with Goodyear or any other tyre your car comes with and upgrade after 30000 km. After all i20 is not a performance hatch back by any measure. It is a smooth, capable performer with the best fit and finish in the price range.

Best regards
DrANTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 10:59   #2512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is common now-a-days. Logic behind this (as told by SA) that once you get a flat tyre, you replace with this non alloy until you get the original puncture replaced. This tyre will look odd and you will be forced to get it changed by to original one ASAP. Agree to the point that you need to get the puncture fixed ASAP but in this case you need to do tyre replacement twice. In short, this is a reminder for quick puncture removal.

Quote:
Tires: SA was no sure what brand will they be and will be known during delivery time. Told me all the stuff about tire serial numbers and all but I was not convinced that the tire will change from car to car.
Usually they go with some not so expensive one. I think Hyundai gives Bridgestone. I feel they are good. I will prefer Michelins but you'll never get them as stock ones.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 13:27   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Your SA is right in both cases.

In addition to what others have said tubeless tyres can be driven quite a distance as the element that caused the puncture will seal your tyre from deflating. I have been stranded on the highway and drove almost 100 kms to the nearest town to get mine fixed. On another occasion I was using my car 4 days later after it was parked and noticed the puncture but the air was intact. The nail acted as a seal. Drove the car and got it fixed. With tubeless, it never seems like a puncture unless its something very serious like a tyre rupture. That's the reason your spare tyre is a cheap steel wheel.

With regard to getting your favourite set of tyres Hyundai will procure tyres in lots from 2 or 3 manufacturers during production to ensure continuous supply. So, for instance a batch of 100 cars will have Bridgestone and when that lot is over the next 100 cars will sport Goodyear. Only the line manager knows the set of tyres a particular lot will have. The SA won't be in a position to pick and choose your favourite brand of tyre unless you know someone very close in the manufacturing plant.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 23rd April 2018 at 13:28.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 20:57   #2514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagarajs View Post

Did you check the mileage after this upgrade? Any difference is there?
I am in big dilemma whether to upsize or downsize to improve riding comfort.
My I20 only gets 17KMPL in highway ride and dont want it get to further affected.

Thanks.
The mileage took a slight hit I would say. At an average 1 kmpl lesser than what I was getting earlier. In my recent highway run [Bangalore - Pondicherry - driving inside Pondicherry - Bangalore] I got a mileage of 19+ with AC on throughout.
I would say stay on the same size if you have doubts but get a better tyre. Upsize if you want higher stability and better grips and sharper braking. If you don't care of the things listed above - stay with regular size. I won't recommend downsizing. One of the advantages of my upsizing was a better ride quality due to better cushioning of 205/55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANTO View Post

After all i20 is not a performance hatch back by any measure. It is a smooth, capable performer with the best fit and finish in the price range.
Good tyres would help all around in my opinion [braking , stability] on the highways with the kind of average speeds the cars do these days .

Also, I hope you were talking about the petrol variant with 1.2L (with Indian constraints ). Coz the diesel definitely is definitely very capable with the massive torque it generates. With full synth oil + ceramic it sure does rev much freely as well now
Old 25th April 2018, 11:53   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Dhananjay, I wrote to this mail id.
crservice@hmil.net
And got the reply
I too wrote them an email and got the automated reply that the dealership/regional office will get in touch with me in 3 working days.

Were you contacted by anyone?

I've another query, if anyone can advice it'll be very helpful. My elite i20 is now due for the 20k service (one year old CRDi). Should I ask the SA to use synthetic oil instead of the mineral one? What I understand is they have both synthetic and mineral oil. This is what the SA told when I had been to give my i10 for service few days back. They have shell oil he informed. Kindly advice.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Old 25th April 2018, 12:47   #2516
BHPian

Hi Dhananjay, during my 2nd service, i was advised to go for Shell Synthetic Oil. THis is quite expensive, but they said engine will be more quieter and smoother. Have done two outstation drives, and feel that the growl of the diesel engine is quite nice to hear now.
Quote:
I too wrote them an email and got the automated reply that the dealership/regional office will get in touch with me in 3 working days.

Were you contacted by anyone?

I've another query, if anyone can advice it'll be very helpful. My elite i20 is now due for the 20k service (one year old CRDi). Should I ask the SA to use synthetic oil instead of the mineral one? What I understand is they have both synthetic and mineral oil. This is what the SA told when I had been to give my i10 for service few days back. They have shell oil he informed. Kindly advice.

Regards,
Dhananjay
Rajesh K R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 15:16   #2517
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dhananjay, during my 2nd service, i was advised to go for Shell Synthetic Oil. THis is quite expensive, but they said engine will be more quieter and smoother. Have done two outstation drives, and feel that the growl of the diesel engine is quite nice to hear now.
Thanks Rajesh. I had a word with two trusted SAs in two different cities. Both confirmed that Hyundai has done away with Servo oils and now use only Shell (both mineral and synthetic). The owners have the choice to go for either of them (however the Bangalore SA told that they are only using synthetic oils - margins maybe?). This is a welcome move. I will be giving the car for the 20k service after another 500-600 km. I shall update the car performance after the oil change.
Old 27th April 2018, 16:48   #2518
BHPian

Dhananjay, My car has clocked 12k, but I can feel the engine sound to be on the lesser side.On the highway runs it is a steady hum only.
Old 27th April 2018, 17:51   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Both confirmed that Hyundai has done away with Servo oils and now use only Shell (both mineral and synthetic).
Not True. I got my car serviced yesterday and even though I wanted Shell synthetic, the SA told me that they only have servo and do not offer Shell anymore. I was not even allowed to carry my own oil. So, left without any option, I had to settle for Servo mineral.

The 4th or 30k service seems to cost a bomb, at par with VW. I do not think that the SA added any unnecessary items to inflate the bill.

Brake pads replacement and AC disinfectant are the two things that could have been pushed to the next service. Attached is the bill, please let me know if you think that there are some unnecessary components.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-kun2.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-kun.jpg  

katchkamalesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 18:01   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
Not True. I got my car serviced yesterday and even though I wanted Shell synthetic, the SA told me that they only have servo and do not offer Shell anymore.
That is very strange. In Bangalore and Belagavi (where my native is) both the dealers confirmed that they use Shell. In fact in Belagavi, I got my brother's i10 serviced and they have used Shell only. This is mentioned in the bill that it's Shell mineral oil. Just noticed that Hyundai's website lists both Shell and Servo. Could it depend on the dealer/SS maybe? Maybe the place you got it serviced was out of stock for Shell or maybe they have better margins on the Servo oil. I don't think there are any unnecessary additions to your bill. I usually follow the user manual before giving it for servicing to make sure the SA is changing only those parts that are in accordance with the manual. Is there any other service centre in your city with whom you can check for Shell oil?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks