Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2017, 13:06   #2266
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandroidz80 View Post
The issue is that the AC works very well while driving in the city and I have absolutely no problem, but when i am on the highway on a hot day and especially when the car is above 100 km speed the air coming from the vents seems to reduce so much that the whole cabin gets hot after a few minutes. If i stop the car switch off and on the engine again the problem seems to go away but if the car goes above 100 + Kms speed the same AC problem comes back.
Hi sandroidz80,

The problem here is when you set the temperature low and blower speed high, the AC pipe gets frozen leading to loss of cooling. There is no permanent solution to this. I changed the complete air conditioning system under warranty but the problem kept recurring.

Try keeping the temperature around 20-22 degree C and the blower speed halfway to the maximum level. You can cover the entire journey without the cabin getting hot. 20 degree is perfect for harsh South Indian climates.

Thanks and Regards

Prasanth Krishnan
Asta_la_vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 11:52   #2267
Senior - BHPian

Found some hidden features for the AVN controls on the steering wheel. The button arrangement may be different on the screenshot but the functions are the same. For instance, long press the MODE button on the steering to turn the AVN off. Pressing the green call button during a call will switch the call over to your phone. Hope you find this screenshot useful.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-screen-shot-20170720-11.50.39-am.png
swiftdiesel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 12:16   #2268
BHPian

Guys, what are the F.E. figures that you are getting from crdi ?
Old 24th July 2017, 12:27   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Anywhere from 13kmpl (100% city, 100% ACC at 21C) to 21kmpl (100% highway, 100% ACC at 23 C) with 195/55R16 tyres measured using tankful to tankful method.
sidhu_hs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 13:11   #2270
BHPian

Quote:

I am getting 15-16 in city with AC at 24C 80-90% of the time (i switch it off at long signals and traffic jams (non-moving traffic). This is for shell diesel.

And 100% highway (4 lane roads) I am getting more approx 21-22 for shell diesel and 22-23 for reliance diesel with AC at 24C 95% of the time (other than initially starting the car and moving for some distance with windows down during breaks).

Measured by tank full method.

I am a very relaxed driver and don't drive above 100-110kmph on the highways with average speeds being 90kmph.

Another point that I have noticed is my CRDi is more silent when i use reliance diesel and it is a bit more gruff when i use shell. Again in shell I have noticed this engine response to vary a bit for fuel filled at different shell stations and fuel filled at different times at the same station. The difference isn't very much but I have noticed it as the car is a part of me.
Old 26th July 2017, 20:55   #2271
BHPian

Here are my mileage numbers .. 100% AC almost always

Quote:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i20-milage-features.png  

Old 26th July 2017, 23:24   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Goes anywhere from 13 to 20 in my experince.

Normally, gets around 14 in city, around 16 on city and bits of open roads and around 18 on highway. All with AC on all the time and 2 people on board.
Old 27th July 2017, 07:38   #2273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Here are my mileage numbers .. 100% AC almost always
You re-fill pretty quickly. I mean you don't let it go the fuel gauge go till the last bar.
Old 27th July 2017, 08:01   #2274
BHPian

Yesterday the blue door lock light on top of the centre airconditioning vent of my 4 month old Elite i20 stopped working. This means you do not know when the doors are locked (except by looking at the door itself). Brought it to Trident Hyundai in Adugodi and they said that the light within the switch had failed and had to be ordered (under warranty).

The only issue was that in removing the fascia they made a tiny scratch on the panel - it is very difficult to remove it without taking a huge amount of precautions (i.e. masking tape placed around etc.) and despite this it got scratched.

Now when I get the part, I am petrified that more scratches will be made when removing the fascia. (incidentally, they were removing the AC fascia first, before removing the instrument panel fascia - on a youtube video this is supposed to be done in the reverse manner (bad training?).

Why do manufacturers make panels so difficult and risky to remove - switch replacement is very easy while removal of the panel is very difficult.
motorguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 08:25   #2275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Why do manufacturers make panels so difficult and risky to remove - switch replacement is very easy while removal of the panel is very difficult.
Very valid point but unfortunately the truth is that all of them as you correctly mentioned do this. The reason being that they hope that no troubles will crop up and that the fascia will remain attached to the car till the very end.

The factory assemble is the best assemble, after that no matter who does it, it will be botched. In factories people work with mini-cranes and high precision processes which ensure that every panel is spotless and put together real tight. Hyundai in fact is a master of interior build. An accessories guy or local ASS is no match for factory no matter their experience, get ready for a couple of scratches. Once I caught an authorized mechanic trying to pry open a screw lid with sharp screwdriver and in the process the clean flat appearance of the lid got botched and a lip formed.. I slapped my forehead in disgust and thought to myself how such greasemonkeys still survive in the business. Not to mention that they also played around with the center floor mounted console to do some work on the gear and it was shaking after that.. I nagged them till they got it corrected (they completely forgot a screw!!!!). I wouldn't change the light if I were you

These mechanics lack the finesse and perfection-oriented approach that is required, like a few medical doctors all they focus on is to troubleshoot that particular problem no matter the collateral/long-term damage.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 18:06   #2276
BHPian

I have finally decided to take the plunge and upgrade the headlamps to projectors. Have been doing my research online and have narrowed down my choice between Morimoto and Xenon Planet. The only issue I found with Morimoto is that their main distributor is in Delhi and the Mumbai distributor has not been that great whilst communicating the different choices. On the other hand, the distributor of Xenon Planet seems to be a very patient person. He, in fact, told me not to go with the most expensive of their offering but one lower as that was better in every way including costs.
My only issue is both of them are offering only HID projectors and the way I see things going HID's seem to be on their way out and will be replaced by LED projectors. All new cars coming with projectors are with LEDs only - right from the uber luxury cars to the humble Maruti's (Ignis, Dzire & may be even Swift).
I am sure both these brands will also roll-in their LED offerings sooner or later hence I was wondering if it is better to wait out till the time they launch or go ahead with the HIDs.
The BIG advantage I see of HIDs is that it's a tried and tested technology, where-as LED's will be an all new ball game. The risks are always there but this is not something which you change on a regular basis for sure.

Would be glad if any one can throw some more light on this.
Old 28th July 2017, 01:04   #2277
BHPian

I had booked an Elite i20 from Mohan Motors, Kolkata, but due to their inability to deliver on the promised date (1 month from booking), I canceled and shifted my booking to another dealer. The first dealer kept on asking for 2 days more every time, and still no updates. Heck, the car was not even dispatched yet.

Shifted to Mukesh Hyundai, they had the exact same model and color in ready stock.

Model: Elite i20 Sportz VTVT (OTR 7.09L + zero dep insurance 3.5k extra + 3rd/4th year warranty 8k = 7.21L total)
Dealer: Mukesh Hyundai, Kolkata
Expected: 7-8th August

Made sure the car was indeed in their stockyard, and not in transit etc, and only made the booking after an initial PDI on the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20170727_133819.jpg  

ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 10:42   #2278

I'm taking delivery of the Asta dual tone petrol in 2 days. I went to check out the car before delivery and I found that the gear knob is black and not orange like in the brochure or the images I found online.

Can anyone confirm?
Old 1st August 2017, 09:43   #2279
BHPian

Free AVN System Upgrade Done By Service Center

I Have a July 2016 Asta O Elite I20 with 7 inch AVN (The 1st 7 inch AVN of Hyundai i20)

This AVN display had some positives and negatives -

Pros -

1. Good Sunlight Legibility
2. Able to play al videos off my pen drive
3. Support for bluetooth/pen drive/aux/FM etc

Cons -

1. Reverse Camera Video feed used to Loop sometimes
2. Touch was super resistive, I had to jab at the screen several times for a simple operation sometimes
3. Resolution was low, not that sharp
4. Not too many settings that could be fiddled around
5. Maps UI was very basic
6. Audio output was average
7. Bluetooth issues, sometimes my phone simply didnt connect to the Head unit and nothing I did fixed it. Randomly after a while it would connect, but only if the car was left OFF for some time.

--

Then in Jan 2017 the AVN maps got a free update to change the UI completely. Now it matched Creta's AVN UI.

But the main music system UI was still old with the same problems.

--

In Feb 2017 I started to notice a weird problem with the radio in the system. Whenever I selected 91.1 FM it auto switched to 92.7 or 104.8 sometimes. Same with 92.7 or 104.8 Fm stations. Also saving these stations in preset sometimes loaded the other stations and not the one which was saved.

This became irritating, so I complained to the Service center. There started the long process of convincing the SC guys that this is a genuine problem.

After a lot of discussions the SC guy agreed and asked to talk to the manufacturer and get the software updated which would solve it.

Alas, there was no improvement to the problems.

Then the SC guys agreed to order a new replacement head unit. This took about a month to arrive. Unfortunately the problem was present in this unit as well.

----

This got me frustrated with the quality of the AVN unit and I almost gave up. However the SC guy suggested free upgradation of the head unit to the next version (The one which came with the 6 airbags i20 - Aug 2016 version)!

I was open to anything since this was an open problem since 4-5 months

After waiting for a month the new Head Unit arrived, I got it installed by the SC and have been using it since. The problems have gone away!!

Feedback about this head unit -

Pros -

1. Display resolution and quality is much better
2. Touch screen is now capacitive!
3. Lots of menu options and additional USB photo option
4. Video clarity is much better (although I dont use it)
5. No bluetooth connectivity issues
6. No FM issues
7. Rear camera video quality is much better
8. Ability to change contrast/brightness of the screen quality

Cons -

1. Sunlight reflectiveness is not as good as the earlier unit
2. Audio quality is not as good as earlier unit
3. Screen size is smaller!! its now about 6.8 inches
4. There is an annoying Disclaimer at the start of the system everytime to which I have to click Agree, before I can use the system
5. Standby Mode Analog Clock is nowhere as good as the earlier HU had.
6. No Android Auto/Carplay

But overall I'm happy with this head unit as it solved my problem and the touch has improved significantly.

See if you guys also face this problem, and talk to the SC to upgrade your system for free too!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-old-1.jpeg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-old-2.jpeg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-old-3.jpeg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-old-4.jpeg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-new-1.jpeg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-new-2.jpeg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-new-3.jpeg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-new-4.jpeg  

Last edited by dhruvwali : 1st August 2017 at 09:48.
Old 1st August 2017, 09:56   #2280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahushrc View Post
I'm taking delivery of the Asta dual tone petrol in 2 days. I went to check out the car before delivery and I found that the gear knob is black and not orange like in the brochure or the images I found online.

Can anyone confirm?
Yes, the gear knob is black. I remember while I was checking out the dual tone variant in the showroom.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks