Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2017, 18:10   #2116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirjee View Post
Wow, I got 1 person who has felt the same about the steering. Please read my post #2083.
So think its not my imagination like my wife told today morning. The steering definitely feels much heavier and fights a lot to return to center. Needs both hands on steering to climb up the office parking lot these days. But the steering stays in center little better now.
Old 3rd March 2017, 20:41   #2117

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hi everyone! This is my first post on team bhp even though I've been following the forum since about 3-4 years.

I've recently acquired an Asta (O) variant, I'm having a little trouble with the AVN. I've been trying to browse folders in my USB drive, but I'm unable to switch folders. Has someone faced any similar issues, or any work arounds?
Old 3rd March 2017, 22:27   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan10 View Post
Hi everyone! This is my first post on team bhp even though I've been following the forum since about 3-4 years.

I've recently acquired an Asta (O) variant, I'm having a little trouble with the AVN. I've been trying to browse folders in my USB drive, but I'm unable to switch folders. Has someone faced any similar issues, or any work arounds?
I took possession in Feb. I have not faced any issues. when in USB click on menu and go to list/ folders .. if you are touching folder icon on screen then that is not the one to change folders..it is just display.
Old 4th March 2017, 08:57   #2119

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
I took possession in Feb. I have not faced any issues. when in USB click on menu and go to list/ folders .. if you are touching folder icon on screen then that is not the one to change folders..it is just display.
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm able to browse the contents of the folder, however, I'm not able to browse the folders available in my USB drive.
Old 4th March 2017, 18:31   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
hi, from the past few days from the front suspension, some sound is coming, only when the car glides across a tall bump. its not the bush issue. any ideas what it can be?
I was facing the same exact problem with my asta diesel, service centre people checked the nuts and bolts. They took out the big nuts, 4 of them which holds the engine with the chassis and applied grease. The sound is now gone, I hope you can check on same lines with the Service advisor. Well one thing so far its great dealing with Hyundai after sales service.
sam_machine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:20   #2121
BHPian

Of-late, I have been driving less as daily commute has shifted to office cab. I am observing a louder whistle on first cranking when started after a few days. I know a normal whistle on cranking is the general nature of Hyundai CRDI; but should I be worried if the whistle becomes louder ?

Also, the rpm sometimes is initially not stable and for a second goes up and down and then gets stable. Could these be co-related ?

The car has done around 39k and is a CRDI with Push button start.

Note : Whistle sound is not the loose-belt sound.
Old 10th March 2017, 09:36   #2122
BHPian

Yesterday I faced a strange problem with A/c.
Morning when I turned on, I noticed the temperature display a strange negative temperature of -28. I thought it to be software glitch and proceeded. I thought it will be OK later.
I switched on the A/C with no cooling.
Mean while the temperature keeps increasing (decreasing) to -30 to -32 and then to -36.
I switched from Auto to manual A/c still no effect. I kept the temperature to "Lo" and still got just air and no cooling at all.
I waited for few minutes to see if the temperature resets to right one. I just wiped the sensor in the dashboard. But nope, no help.
I started driving with temperature set to "Lo" but only with full blast of air - no cooling.
Just a 100 meters later, the temperature display was off and then the cooling started.
It was all OK from then on.
But the temperature display never came on.
Evening when I started, the temperature display was still off. A/C was OK.

I'm taking the car this weekend to check this. Too much reliance on software I guess.
Anyone else faced similar issue?
Old 12th March 2017, 16:07   #2123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Yesterday I faced a strange problem with A/c.
Morning when I turned on, I noticed the temperature display a strange negative temperature of -28.
Turned out the wires on the front part was cut. Rat problems...
Just joining the wire fixed it.
Now I look for rat deterrent techniques.
iamswift is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 16:24   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Of-late, I have been driving less as daily commute has shifted to office cab. I am observing a louder whistle on first cranking when started after a few days.
Note : Whistle sound is not the loose-belt sound.
Hi Rahul,

As far as the rpm fluctuations are concerned, I've been noticing it right from the Day 2 of my ownership. I guess there's nothing to worry, probably happens because of the cold start.

About the whistling sound, even I've been noticing it for the past 2k kms. It happens most of the time (maybe 60% of the time) when I crank the engine. And, I am sure it is not the belt sound. My car has also done 37K in the past 1.5 years. Will speak to my SA during my next visit. Do keep us posted in case you hear from the Hyundai service center on the sound.

Cheers!
Rahul
verma_rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 18:42   #2125

Dear Fellow Members, I have bought Elite i20 Sportz Petrol variant and took the delivery on 1st March 2017. The ODO Meter now reads 487KM and is due for its first service in another 13KM. Being my first car I would love to have everyone's valuable advice on the things I need to keep in mind for 1st Service.
Old 21st March 2017, 10:33   #2126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipankar89 View Post
Dear Fellow Members, I have bought Elite i20 Sportz Petrol variant and took the delivery on 1st March 2017. The ODO Meter now reads 487KM and is due for its first service in another 13KM. Being my first car I would love to have everyone's valuable advice on the things I need to keep in mind for 1st Service.
why you want to do service at 500 km? is that recommended for petrol? I have diesel and recommended km is 1200 or 2 months whatever earlier.
sanjubaba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 11:04   #2127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Fellow Members, I have bought Elite i20 Sportz Petrol variant and took the delivery on 1st March 2017. The ODO Meter now reads 487KM and is due for its first service in another 13KM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
why you want to do service at 500 km? is that recommended for petrol? I have diesel and recommended km is 1200 or 2 months whatever earlier.
For petrol too, the recommended first service interval is 1200 kms or 2 months, whichever is earlier.
Do not rush for the servicing. Wait for 1200 kms or 2 months.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 11:36   #2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
For petrol too, the recommended first service interval is 1200 kms or 2 months, whichever is earlier.
Do not rush for the servicing. Wait for 1200 kms or 2 months.
Thank you so much for your Advice. I dont know why I remember, my Sales Executive saying that the 1st servicing would be at 1 month or 500KMS whichever is earlier. I will go back home n read the manual.
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:43   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for your Advice. I dont know why I remember, my Sales Executive saying that the 1st servicing would be at 1 month or 500KMS whichever is earlier. I will go back home n read the manual.
The manual says, for petrol, the first free service is due in 1200-1500km or 2 months. I completed 1500km in less than 15days of delivery and am planning for the first service this saturday. All the applicable checkpoints are only inspect/check/inspect if required as per the manual. Will share further details over this weekend.
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 08:06   #2130
Senior - BHPian

Guys what is the real world fuel efficiency of the I20 Petrol ? In Traffic/City/Highway.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks