Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:37   #841
BHPian

Guys,

Is anyone from you thinking of getting the Projector headlamps fitted on 'i20 active' in the normal elite i20?

I want to. What are your views on the same?
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:43   #842

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

I need to book my Elite i20 today please advice when is the touch screen unit model coming out as no dealership are able to confirm the same.

Should i wait for the Touch Screen model or go for the standard HU Unit.
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:25   #843
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks22402 View Post
I need to book my Elite i20 today please advice when is the touch screen unit model coming out as no dealership are able to confirm the same.

Should i wait for the Touch Screen model or go for the standard HU Unit.
I guess it's up to you to decide on this.

Hyundai seem to have indicated to auto magazines & websites that a touchscreen equipped i20 would be released in early July. Overdrive expects the touchscreen-equipped variant to be priced 5k ~ 7k rupees extra over the one with the regular unit.

I think they're waiting for the Jazz's pricing to be out on 8th July, before releasing the price of i20's touchscreen-equipped variant.

If you absolutely must have the touchscreen system and its additional features like audio-visual navigation, video player etc., then you can wait till the 10th. I don't think they'll take much longer after the Jazz's debut to announce the price of the new variant.

On the other hand, if you need the car as soon as possible and are fine with the existing 2-DIN system with its full Bluetooth functionality, 1 GB on-board memory etc., then you can book the car now.

Sorry for not providing a definite answer, but the choice is entirely yours as it's based on your own requirements.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd July 2015 at 13:43.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 14:18   #844

Today i went ahead and booked Elite i20 Asta Petrol Pristin Blue:-) from Shreenath Hyundai.
Onroad Price : 8.44L ( Includes 3 years of extended warranty + RM KIT ) Hence total 5 years of warranty.
No Freebies or any discounts were offered. Delivery time 1 month

List of accesories selected from them was :
Seat Covers Nappa : 10k
Illuminated Scuff Plates : 2.5k
Futcot antirust coating transparent with 5 years warranty : 5K
PU Coating : 1.5

Total came up to : 19k less 2k discount : 17k

Few things what i am planning to do post my delivery of my car from outside are :

Break Calipre : Paint Glossy Red
3M Protection Film : 10k Quote for covering only the scratch prone areas of the car
Glossy Vinyl Black Colour : Roof

Anyidea how would the Chrome Grill look on pristin Blue Colour , further suggestions are always welcome.
anks22402 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 13:40   #845

Quote:
List of accesories selected from them was :
Seat Covers Nappa : 10k
Illuminated Scuff Plates : 2.5k
Futcot antirust coating transparent with 5 years warranty : 5K
PU Coating : 1.5
Hi, can you please post a picture of illuminated scuff plates? I am also planning to get one !!
Old 5th July 2015, 16:02   #846

Hey i haven't put it yet as i dont have the car , will be getting the car by end of this month.

But here is the link http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Blue-D...uff+plates+i20

If you get it done from hyundai they will charge 2.5k and outside it is costing 900.

Before getting it done just make sure none of the wire are tampered else it will void the warranty , if they are going to tamper it then i would not recommend you do it and i would also follow the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishkster View Post
Hi, can you please post a picture of illuminated scuff plates? I am also planning to get one !!
anks22402 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 20:37   #847
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Has anyone of you have taken any kind of AMC packages for your elite i20?

Also, is anyone thinking about installing projector headlamps of elite i20 active on the normal elite i20s?
Old 5th July 2015, 21:35   #848

hey Mate what is the AMC package ? i guess extended warranty is AMC if i am correct ?

Projector headlamps would really good on the Elite i20 especially with the angel eyes. Check this link .

Only question comes to me is the cost like is it really worth spending 25k and u just get 1 year warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hi Folks,

Has anyone of you have taken any kind of AMC packages for your elite i20?

Also, is anyone thinking about installing projector headlamps of elite i20 active on the normal elite i20s?
anks22402 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 23:27   #849
BHPian

Quote:
hey Mate what is the AMC package ? i guess extended warranty is AMC if i am correct ?

Projector headlamps would really good on the Elite i20 especially with the angel eyes. Check this link https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=hKhGXATU1X8.

Only question comes to me is the cost like is it really worth spending 25k and u just get 1 year warranty.
No mate, I am talking about various maintenance plans that are provided at dealer level for car buyers that take care of usual service charges, labor and even consumables sometimes.

With regards to the projector headlights, my query is specifically focused on the Projector Headlamp setup that comes with 'Active' variant of elite i20s. The 'oem' setup. It looks superb and I assume it must be plug n play.
Old 6th July 2015, 13:59   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Guys,

Is anyone from you thinking of getting the Projector headlamps fitted on 'i20 active' in the normal elite i20?

I want to. What are your views on the same?
Hi Dinesh,

I already approached service center for the same. They told, that cant be done as it is a violation against the electrical warranty terms and conditions, and service center wont do that.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:38   #851

Hi folks,

Heard few things are removed from Asta post April 2015:
a. One Key fob
b. One power outlet
c. Gear Knob leather.
d. Auto unfold of the mirrors when the key neat the vicinity of the car.

Can anyone confirm of this ?
Old 6th July 2015, 19:44   #852
BHPian

When shifting from the second to third gear in my diesel Asta, I can feel some vibration in the gear lever when it hits the neutral position. Is this common for diesel cars? All my previous vehicles have been petrol models and have never faced any vibration issues in any of them.

Last edited by suv100 : 6th July 2015 at 19:46.
Old 6th July 2015, 20:56   #853
BHPian

That's normal for Diesels. Don't worry.
Old 6th July 2015, 21:31   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
When shifting from the second to third gear in my diesel Asta, I can feel some vibration in the gear lever when it hits the neutral position. Is this common for diesel cars? All my previous vehicles have been petrol models and have never faced any vibration issues in any of them.
I too have an Asta Diesel and had the same issue till first service. It has mellowed down to a large extent after that. The issue was not vibration, but shift from 2nd to 3rd gear being not as smooth (I would say 'clunky' for want of a better word) as others in a very noticeable way. Shift from 2nd to 3rd is still the least smooth, yet not as noticeable as before.
sidhu_hs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 09:32   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Folks who have the elite i20, this one's for you.

Do you like the on-board OEM audio system? I, for one, can't stand it. Too much treble, and just no bass/depth at all.

Most of the times, it sounds like a laptop speaker. So, I was wondering what could be done about that.

Before you ask me, yes I have heard other i20's and they all sounded the same. No bass.

I've even fiddled around with the on-board equalizer setting, and it just doesn't sound as good as my other car.

So, does anyone have any idea about what sort of speakers go into the front/back of the i20?

I'm not looking to change the HU or anything like that. No amps either. Just want to upgrade the speakers to get a lot more depth and warmth to my music.

May I know which is your other car? And what is the HU&Speaker setup you have used there? Is it an aftermarket one? For me, it is the best OEM setup available. I had a swift too before

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks