Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 17:40   #991
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hi,

A question that has been on my mind for some time, Is the elite i20 equipped with an alarm, in case someone tries to open/breakin the car? In my whole experience of around a year with the car I never saw it happen, so was wondering whether it is a plain central lock or a complete security system?

In all my previous cars,there was this audio visual feedback sometime or the other, which told me that the security system is working, but none with this car!

Apologies if the question was way below the standards!
Old 21st August 2015, 20:02   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I had loaded my HP 32GB x705w USB 3.0 pendrive with a variety of songs, videos of different formats. Unfortunately, it was a vain attempt. The HU did not recognize my USB 3.0 stick. It accepted a pretty old USB 2.0 drive which I had but I didn't have any media on it to test. Both these devices were NTFS formatted.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but does these HU's don't recognize USB 3.0 devices or is it something to do with the file-system format? What about the non-touchscreen audio system in the Elite i20?

The Bad:
1. No USB 3.0? Should I go back to old days and find a slower USB 2.0 just for the car?
See, the usb 3 drive must be formatted with a different data allocation level and that may be the issue. Becuase, I am having a Toshiba L850 i7 Laptop which has just one USB 3.0 port, and 2 USB 2.0 ports. I have a seagate 3.0 3TB portable harddisk which works fine with all of these ports even though when working at the 2.0 port, the speed is low. Similarly I have a pretty old sandisk 2.0 pendrive which works fine even on the USB 3.0 port. Also my wife use a macbook pro which has all USB 3.0 ports. The sandisk 2.0 works in that too without issues.

So, mostly the 3.0 pendrive failed to work in the HU due to some other reason. All USB 3.0 pendrives and harddisks are "BACKWARD COMPATIBLE" with usb 2.0 ports.
Old 21st August 2015, 21:09   #993
BHPian

The non touchscreen HU of elite i20 and Touchscreen of Creta does not support NTFS.
Old 21st August 2015, 22:14   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took few pics of the AVN touchscreen system of the i20 Active:
I can see black plastics around the HU. Is i20 now coming with all black interiors? If yes, it should really enhance the interior looks.
Old 21st August 2015, 22:39   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I can see black plastics around the HU. Is i20 now coming with all black interiors? If yes, it should really enhance the interior looks.
No, the black interiors shown in the previous page by our member Carol is the i20 Active variant.

Here's the interior picture of Elite i20 with AVN which is still a beige-black combination.

Courtesy : Source
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundaii20withavn2015a1024x576.jpg  

Grand Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 20:38   #996

Hey guys,
Does any one know if the Elite i20 with AVN comes with a shark fin antenna. Saw a Creta which had a GPS sticker on it.(I could be wrong here).
Old 24th August 2015, 15:39   #997
BHPian

This picture of the touchscreen looks different from what IAB has claimed. Which one is true?http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3766272
Old 26th August 2015, 11:01   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
This picture of the touchscreen looks different from what IAB has claimed. Which one is true?http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3766272
The photos in the link you provided are of the Creta HU, the photos posted in the thread are of the i20's HU.
Old 26th August 2015, 14:25   #999
BHPian

Chirag08, you've misunderstood my comment. The link specifically mentions "
Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL) will soon introduce a touchscreen entertainment-cum-navigation system on the Elite i20, i20 Active and the Verna. The system in question is the same 7-inch touchscreen AVN system that is offered on the Creta, IndianAutosBlog comes to know". My doubt was whether the AVN in Creta will come to i20 or i20 will get its own touchscreen.

Anyway, i went to the dealership yesterday and was taken to a brand new Asta (O) with the touchscreen. The image above is what you get in the i20. The Creta touchscreen does not come to i20.

Note :
You cannot play videos using bluetooth on this device.
Pairing requires handbrake to be active.
Touchscreen feel and response excellent.
Old 26th August 2015, 14:37   #1000
BHPian

Yesterday , been to a Hyundai showroom. The On-road price from top end Elite I20 Asta(O) is hovering around 9.61 lakhs which is now comparable to a Honda Jazz.

Still heart says Elite while brain says nothing else will do a Jazz!
Old 26th August 2015, 15:04   #1001
BHPian

Elite i20 it is. I have 99.999% made up my mind .
Quote:
Hello T-BHPians!

2. You don't get the ECM in the Asta(O)! The ECM is replaced by a normal day night IRVM.
I have a question on the IRVM. Is it the basic rear view mirror in Asta (O) or does it have the day night capability to enable better viewing while a car on high beam is chasing me? This question comes up since now the reverse camera display is on the touchscreen interface.
Old 26th August 2015, 15:42   #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
I have a question on the IRVM. Is it the basic rear view mirror in Asta (O) or does it have the day night capability to enable better viewing while a car on high beam is chasing me? This question comes up since now the reverse camera display is on the touchscreen interface.
It does have day-night capability which can be toggled using the tab at the bottom of the mirror.
Old 26th August 2015, 20:40   #1003
BHPian

Hi folks, are the mirrors (outside) safe to be folded manually outwards? The washing man did it twice and when i started the car i heard a sharp click when the motor seemed to have reached the mirror's outwards position.
Old 29th August 2015, 02:18   #1004
BHPian

Hyundai India has updated the Elite i20 page and brochure with the new Asta (O) variant in their official website. The brochure also briefly describes the features of the AVN unit which appears to be running similar firmware to the one on the Creta. In their new brochure, Hyundai has chosen to hide the fact that the Asta (O) variant does not come with an auto-dimming ECM mirror. It only mentions that the rear-view camera display is in the AVN unit instead of the rear view mirror. In the old brochure, there was a separate item mentioning manual day/night and auto-dimming mirrors between variants.

Link: http://www.hyundai.com/wcm/upload_ww...0747135934.pdf
spsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 08:30   #1005
MSC
BHPian

The touch screen AVN looks good. Only trouble is the switches have been crammed up a bit too tightly. Why not make it entirely touch screen rather than having switches / buttons. At the same time I hope that at least this unit doesn't shows the " I Agree" screen every time in switching on.
Is there any scope for above unit to be fitted in Grand I10?

Last edited by MSC : 29th August 2015 at 08:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks