Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2015, 14:19   #1111
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
@aveekkumar - Where do you feel the vibrations? Is the brake pedal moving up and down (like someone else doing the braking for you) or you feel vibrations in steering etc? Does it happen only on slippery surfaces only?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
The OP will be well advised if the car is taken for a check-up at the service station just to make sure the braking function is normal. As for vibrations, its not exactly mentioned where the vibrations are coming from, just that they are distinct & heavy. If its the brake pedal that is vibrating or rather pulsing then most probably it should be the ABS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Dark.knight has answered your doubt. When going over pothole hole road the ABS will pitch in and pulsate.
Does this happen on flat, good roads?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
My elite: No vibrations from any part of the car after 7 months of acquisition and the 10k mark nearing.
Thanks for your inputs BHPians. The vibrations are felt only on the brake pedal. I am sure any co passenger will not feel a thing.
The vibrations occur when you move over an uneven section of the road with the brake slightly pressed. For example, rumble strips just before a speed breaker, when you encounter patches of road with cement tiles or gravel on the road & need to reduce your speed etc. On smooth even roads, there is no vibration felt through the brake pedal.

The liquid is indeed water. I confirmed this by 1) putting a piece of paper on the liquid on the ground. If it would have been oil, the paper would have darkened. It was water and had the trademark water meets paper texture.
2) this morning before i started the car, i could not see any liquid under the engine. Post starting and reverse, i saw the water. Could be the water in the compressor being ejected.
AveekKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 14:37   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
The liquid is indeed water. I confirmed this by 1) putting a piece of paper on the liquid on the ground. If it would have been oil, the paper would have darkened. It was water and had the trademark water meets paper texture.
2) this morning before i started the car, i could not see any liquid under the engine. Post starting and reverse, i saw the water. Could be the water in the compressor being ejected.
To be 100% sure, just drive around without AC for 20 mins. Park the car for the night and check next day morning.
If there is no liquid that means its the AC coils that are causing the condensation and thats pretty normal.
freedom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 22:16   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
To be 100% sure, just drive around without AC for 20 mins. Park the car for the night and check next day morning.
If there is no liquid that means its the AC coils that are causing the condensation and thats pretty normal.
My Elite i20 Asta has done about 15k now and i have been noticing a lot of water leaking from the AC unit underbody. While i know this may be normal what is a little concerning is when these drops dry up they leave a white outline and am not quite sure why that happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20150909_092349.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20150908_132823.jpg  

Old 14th October 2015, 07:27   #1114
BHPian

It is water only. Nothing to worry. Elite i20 has the biggest ac in the class. 122cc. In terms of cooling, it can make the cabin temperature as low as 17*C. The water is a result of the condensation which is the after effect of this.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 12:03   #1115
BHPian

It has been more than a month since the delivery but I never got any feedback request call from Hyundai. I had pretty bad experience with Jain Cars in Vellore (Tamil Nadu) and I would like to report this experience. With Honda, I got a feedback call within a week after purchase. Does it take so long for Hyundai to call generally or there could be any operational lapses like incorrect mobile number in their records etc?
Old 14th October 2015, 14:21   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
It has been more than a month since the delivery but I never got any feedback request call from Hyundai. I had pretty bad experience with Jain Cars in Vellore (Tamil Nadu) and I would like to report this experience. With Honda, I got a feedback call within a week after purchase. Does it take so long for Hyundai to call generally or there could be any operational lapses like incorrect mobile number in their records etc?
I got a call in 3 days time. It could be because the phone number in their registered data base is wrong. You please check with your dealership regarding the same.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 14:45   #1117

Quote:
I got the feedback call today morning, and that's 1 month and 4 days after the sale to be precise. My car has already gone for first service last week and so I first thought it was a service feedback call from the dealer.
Happy waiting!!
makk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 15:46   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Does it take so long for Hyundai to call generally or there could be any operational lapses like incorrect mobile number in their records etc?
I also never got a call from Hyundai for purchase feedback. The reason could be they had asked me to submit a written feedback at the time of the delivery. That's my assumption. As I was happy with overall car delivery experience, I didn't find any need to escalate the matter for feedback.
So did you submit any feedback at the time of the car delivery?

But I had received calls for feedback after 1st and 2nd servicing within 3 days. I'm not sure whether those calls were from Hyundai or Car delear itself.

If you're facing any issues, I would suggest you to write an email to Hyundai Customer Care.
carbhaari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 20:17   #1119
BHPian

Hmm, weird! I've been literally inundated with calls from Hyundai for feedback-this & feedback-that, since the day I got the i20.

If my memory serves me right, I received 4 calls post purchase, asking for feedback about sales, dealership, vehicle and experience. Then, post the 1st service, I've received 3 calls. I had marked down their water wash, as it had left some bad streaks on the wind shield. Just for that, I got 2 calls! They even wanted to send someone to my house to clean up the wind shield! I politely disagreed for that, however. The final call was for the usual experience feedback after servicing.

I, for one, don't mind answering survey calls from the manufacturer. And, IMO, Hyundai does seem to take the feedback seriously. We had given a written feedback at the time of delivery as well.
sourav9385 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 07:15   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhaari View Post
So did you submit any feedback at the time of the car delivery?
No, I didn't submit any written feedback. Anyways, I will wait for another week and will drop an e-mail to Hyundai to check
Old 15th October 2015, 09:29   #1121
BHPian

After running close to 4k, my elite developed a right side pull. So to get it corrected, I visited a well-known alignment shop of my area. They performed “3-D” alignment with their Corghi setup, done a road test and gave back the car to me. When I checked the car it was still pulling towards the right side. I thought that they might have not done it correctly so I visited them again and told them that the car is still pulling towards the right, again they corrected and this time they showed me the data and values than matched it accordingly. While going home, I noticed that the car still pulls to the right . Next day I visited the H.A.S.S, I narrated the whole story to the SA. He said, sir the alignment had been done correctly by the outside people, there is no fault in the alignment of the car, than I asked then where the problem is, he replied that elite i20 and creta comes with a very different kind of steering system that requires a reset of sensor after performing an alignment. He walked quickly and came out with the Hyundai diagnostic set and connected it to my OBD port of my car and drove the car. After 1 km, he stopped the car and turned the steering wheel to extreme right and extreme left for 2 times, worked something with the diagnostic set for 1 minute and then asked me to drove the car, I was surprise to see that, the pulling problem was no more there. I thanked SA for his work, he replied that every time if you get your alignment done from outside than please visit service center for getting the sensor reset, else get it done from H.A.S.S only.
Dieseldrifter is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 12:48   #1122
BHPian

Wow. That's great news. I am having an elm II module with me. Can anyone tell me a hyundai car specific software that can be used with it to change the settings in my car? I use it paired with my moto x2 using torque II application installed in it. I know how to read info, but not to control the car or run diagnosis, etc. Please help. Experts
Old 15th October 2015, 14:19   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldrifter View Post
than I asked then where the problem is, he replied that elite i20 and creta comes with a very different kind of steering system that requires a reset of sensor after performing an alignment.
This is a very good info. It must be the pull drift compensation that comes with the electronic power steering. So one needs to be more careful with the cars that have this technology and it is better to get it all alignment done from the authorized service center directly.
praveen_v is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 17:17   #1124
BHPian

i20 Prices raised by 9K effective immediately.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...1401436_1.html
Old 15th October 2015, 19:07   #1125
BHPian

By now, they should start providing 2 airbags, ABS+EBD as standard across all variants.
Maruti Suzuki will launch the Baleno & Ertiga with these as standard across all variants. So Hyundai should not be left behind in the race.
Elite i20 has been there for over a year now, and this car is now being spotted everywhere. With competition gearing up the safety aspect, Hyundai should do the same.
i20, being a competitive product it is, should not miss anything important that the competition can provide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks