Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2015, 19:13   #1171
BHPian

How to change parking bulbs of the i20? Any ideas?
Old 30th October 2015, 21:43   #1172
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Ask them about the engine oil they have used for the service. If they accidentally used a higher grade oil, it will lead to 2 things.
Thanks for the replay, sorry for being late to update.

I checked the service bill, and Hyundai's own website about engine oil diff. Was also worried if they had used different set of fuel filters. But the part numbers match the ones recommended for i20.

Apparently they use the same engine oil for both i20 and verna, and that too the same quantity. Ref : http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...Diesel-23.aspx

The issue seems to be with the ECU mostly, the engine seems to be a bit lazy to pick up RPM's, but once it does, performance feels the same now. And it seems to be adjusting to my driving style after around 1000 km or running.
Old 1st November 2015, 15:44   #1173

Hey Vishnurajanme,

I managed to change my bulbs in my i20 to white, you need the push the holder in and then rotate it.. please be careful as there is not 2 much place and the holders are very tightly fixed. Will attach a picture of the car later if I can!
Old 1st November 2015, 19:37   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adil Thacker View Post
Hey Vishnurajanme,

I managed to change my bulbs in my i20 to white, you need the push the holder in and then rotate it.. please be careful as there is not 2 much place and the holders are very tightly fixed. Will attach a picture of the car later if I can!
Adil, are you telling about the parking bulbs itself? I managed to replace it by wiggling and pulling it out. There is no need to turn it. It has 2 plastic locks which gets loose on wiggling it side by side.

Have you replaced the fog lamp bulbs? I have those bulbs alone to be replaced now. Changed the driver side ones after removing the wheel well fender lining. What about the passenger side ones? All i can see is a black box at the passenger side. Please help
Old 1st November 2015, 21:46   #1175

Attaching a few pictures of my i20...
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20151101_162707-copy.jpg
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20151101_162716_resized_1.jpg

Vishnurajanme, I am planning on putting a HID kit for the fog lamp next week. Getting it done at my car guy, think it would be to much as a DIY. I can check with them how they do it. I think we would need to take off the whole bumper.
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:01   #1176
BHPian

DIY Elite i20 Upgrade of Headlight Bulbs (Very Simple)

• Open the Hood
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-1.jpg
  • Remove the headlamp assembly dust cap by turning it anticlockwise
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2.jpg
  • Pull out the Bulb Holder set
  • You can see a metallic clip. Press it down, jiggle it a bit down, then release it upward to open the clip.
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-3.jpg
  • Simply pull the bulb out from the housing
  • Insert a new bulb of H4 55/60W configuration
  • Reinstall the clip and follow all other steps in the reverse order
  • TIP: If the weather cap is not opening, press it inside hard, then turn anticlockwise
  • TIP: Take care not to allow the bulb to fall down while removing the clip
  • TIP: Do not touch the glass area of the bulb as it may lead to premature damage of the bulbs
  • TIP: Never use bulbs of higher wattage without ceramic holders, relay and wiring harness as it may damage the factory wiring and also may lead to fires
  • TIP: I am using OSRAM COOLBLUE INTENSE H4 55/60 which gives a whitish beam with higher luminous flux. It operates at 4200K. Provides good light and not so problematic during rains. It costed me Rs. 800 via ebay but the MRP is Rs. 2050. You may also consider OSRAM NIGHTBREAKER H4 55/60 Lamps. Do not go for Philips as they give a much less lumen output than the OSRAM counterparts.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd November 2015 at 07:46. Reason: Fixing images
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:03   #1177
BHPian

DIY Elite i20 Upgrade of Parking Bulbs (Very Simple)

• Open the Hood
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-1.jpg
  • Remove the headlamp assembly dust cap by turning it anticlockwise
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2.jpg
  • You can see a metallic clip. Press it down, jiggle it a bit down, then release it upward to open the clip. Keep the clip wide open.
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-3.jpg
  • Simply pull the bulb out from the housing and keep it at some safe place
  • We have removed the headlight bulb to get some space to work with the parking bulb holder
  • Now you can see the parking bulbs holder with two wires going inside
  • Do not pull the holder by wires as it may damage the contacts
  • Take pliers and firmly grip the bulb holder.
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-4.jpg
  • Twitch it side by side, and simultaneously pull it
  • It will come out after several twitches or jiggles
  • TIP: Please note that it will never open if you simply pull it as the i20 holder is made of plastic unlike some rubber holders in some other cars
  • TIP: I am using OSRAM COOL WHITE 1W CANBUS CHIP LEDs in my parking slots. Provides much higher lumen output than the normal lamps and it almost fills the headlight. ~50lumen output. I had also use chinese 12 SMD LEDs which offered comparable light output but was not CANBUS friendly. Got the LEDs for Rs. 800 from Ebay USA

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd November 2015 at 07:49.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:12   #1178
BHPian

Re: DIY Elite i20 Upgrade of Parking Bulbs (Very Simple)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
  • Ebay USA

Thanks.

The pics are not working for me. Also would be great if you can share a link to the ebay product (as a sample).
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:33   #1179
BHPian

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...te+t10&_sop=15

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-OSRAM-H4-...lU6BD6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.in/itm/100-Original-...QAAOSwNSxVP4bA

Hope now it is clear?
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:25   #1180
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Have just booked the Elite i20, squeezing out some discounts if possible from the SA (Baleno effect)

Waiting period quoted when I enquired prior to the Baleno launch was 2 months, but after the launch, SA is promising delivery within 15 days.

Hyundai dealers seem to have caught on the pinch the Baleno is going to cause them as they are aggressively pushing for as many bookings as possible.

Will keep you all posted on how things go about.
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:42   #1181
BHPian

Hey, have the people who opted for extended warranty received any acknowledgement from Hyundai? I was told by the SA that the papers would come directly from Hyundai, it has been almost 45 days since I took delivery of the car but I haven't received anything.

Does it take this long or should I contact Hyundai?
Old 5th November 2015, 01:20   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag08 View Post
it has been almost 45 days since I took delivery of the car but I haven't received anything.

Does it take this long or should I contact Hyundai?
Don't worry chirag08. The papers will reach you within 60-75 days from the date of invoice. I have also contacted Hyundai customer care in this regard and they have assured the same.
Old 5th November 2015, 10:11   #1183
BHPian

Booked a i20 Elite CRDI Asta (O) on Monday, with a promised delivery date on Sunday. I was surprised myself, as I was expecting a much later delivery. (I think the Baleno effect is playing). I got a few freebies (which is also very rare for i20 Elite).

The on-road cost currently is 9.7 lakhs, with a Hyundai Assure Insurance. There's a 20K difference between the Asta and Asta (O) and the only difference is the AVN (and of course the merciless purging of the ECM).

I'm taking delivery on Sunday, and a lot of responses in this thread helped me arrive at this decision of turning Elite.

(PS : I'm moving out of Ford Figo to Hyundai i20)
Old 5th November 2015, 11:29   #1184
BANNED

If you don't have the paper manuals, you may check on the online manuals at the locations below. Though only the 1st is relevant to this thread, maybe others will find the Santa Fe one useful.

1. ix20
    https://www.myhyundai.ie/myHyundaiIE...nuals/ix20.pdf
  2. Santa Fe
    http://www.myhyundai.ie/HyundaiEurop...ls/SantaFe.pdf

Disclosure: I've never read a user manual for any of my cars or the ones in my family in general. I've made copies, shared manuals and so on. But I've personally never read one. Its just a car. 1 engine, 1 steering and 3 pedals. How hard can it be?

Cheers.
Old 5th November 2015, 11:58   #1185
BHPian

Guys, A small question : Has anyone managed to change the radio antenna to a shorter one either from HASS or elsewhere? I cant stand the 4ft antenna installed by default and would like to switch to a smaller one. I can procure online as long as its a DIY. The i10 ones don't fit the elite ( they are available easily at HASS ).
Any suggestions/pointers, welcome!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks