Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2015, 19:47   #1261
BHPian

Finally replaced all T10s of my elite to LEDs and the park T10 to osram LEDs.
Also changed the foglamp bulbs to 37.5W Philips crystalvision ultra bulbs and headlamps to osram bluevision 55/60 bulbs. Overall very much satisfied with the output.
Old 28th November 2015, 20:07   #1262

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Finally replaced all T10s of my elite to LEDs and the park T10 to osram LEDs.
Also changed the foglamp bulbs to 37.5W Philips crystalvision ultra bulbs and headlamps to osram bluevision 55/60 bulbs. Overall very much satisfied with the output.
Can u give an indication of the cost?
Old 28th November 2015, 22:46   #1263
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hello all. This is my first post in Team-BHP and really excited to be a member of this group.

I have been in search for a premium hatchback / mini-SUV for the past 9 months. When I started this search, Elite i20 and Ford Ecosport were the only options that seemed to match my requirements. That's when I came across threads on upcoming launches of Creta and Jazz. Ford Figo and Suzuki Baleno also were added to my list. I read every single post on these cars in Team-BHP.

But, I had to leave out Creta because of the launching price shock. After seeing all Honda Fit reviews, I had very high expectations on Jazz and felt "This is the car that I'm going to buy". Honda disappointed me. Jazz was not as good as Fit in several aspects. Low end engine response was found to be not that great in test drives. Moreover, I was interested in top variant and the Vx variant seemed to be worse than V in some aspects. Similar story repeated for Figo and Baleno too. I'm not going to elaborate too much as it's going off topic in this thread. No car seems to tick all the boxes. Maybe I'm asking for too much with my 10-11 lakh budget

Now, coming to the point. Even after considering all these alternatives (EcoSport, Creta, Jazz, New Figo, Figo Aspire, S-Cross, Polo, Baleno etc.) I'm still bit inclined towards Hyundai Elite i20. It was my first preference when I started this search in the beginning of this year. Even though the diesel variant is better, petrol variant is more suitable as my monthly usage will be less than 1000km. One major complaint I saw in this forum on petrol variant is its under-powered engine. In my short test drives in city, it was difficult to judge its performance properly. So, it'll be great if existing i20 petrol owners can clarify these:

1. Does it feel very sluggish with 4-5 people on board?
2. Is there any noticeable change in performance when AC is switched on?
3. How is your experience with highway performance with speed < 100kmph?
4. How does it perform in ghat sections? (Occasionally I'll be driving back and forth between Bangalore and Kerala).
5. Is there any ownership thread for Elite i20 Petrol? If so, please share the link. I tried to search and could only find i20 CRDi ownership threads. Otherwise, I could've avoided this post.

Thanks in advance.
Midas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 14:57   #1264
BHPian

Hi midas,
Welcome to the community. I would try to answer some of your questions since i own a petrol elite i20.

Quote:
Does it feel very sluggish with 4-5 people on board?
Although the initial pick up feels very sluggish but its good to go as long as car is confined within city. Out on the highway one feels the need for extra power. I had a trip with 5 people on the highway, it managed just okay.

Quote:
Is there any noticeable change in performance when AC is switched on?
I don't feel any noticeable change when the AC is on. I drive in Delhi NCR and most of the time my AC is on so i can say that AC doesn't makes a day night difference.

Quote:
How is your experience with highway performance with speed < 100kmph?
The car is fine if speeds are below 100 kmph mark. But the acceleration, when the speed drops, is quite depressing. One need to wait for speeds to build up. Making a plan to overtake would be wise choice.

I haven't driven in the ghat section so cannot comment on that.
I don't think there are any ownership reports for petrol elite i20.
Piyush46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 15:28   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Mind sharing the reasons for cancelling the booking of Baleno? Any specific negatives about the car/dealership?
Well, no specific negatives about the car/dealership. I've always been a fan of i20 and I was actually about to buy one, but with the news of Baleno, waited for the launch to happen. Saw the Baleno in flesh, had a couple of Test drives, liked the car and booked it. However, please find the reasons for the shift to i20 Elite below.

1. I needed the car by yesterday at any cost, and I got confirmation of the same from the NEXA dealer at the time of booking which was done in the 1st week of November. However, they informed me after 2 days of booking that they can't keep up with the timelines.

2. After many discussions on the light weight and structural rigidity of Baleno everywhere, I felt I'm taking a chance with the car (as not having any documental evidences). At the same time, the recent crash pic of Baleno was all over news and my family got worried, and asked (forced) me to change the car to i20. Our fellow team - bhpians also advised not to buy a car with a doubt in mind. That was indeed true. You should buy a car with complete satisfaction.

3. After this happened, I was in thoughts again. I realised that I drove more than 1.2 lac km on the same 1.3 DDIS engine (50k on old swift, 70k on new swift which I just sold). Hence, wanted to have a change.

4. Interior quality - My Swift sounds like a basket of empty coke cans rumbling now after an year of vigorous driving. After observing the interior plastics, I'm pretty sure Baleno will end up in the same way after another year with the kind of roads I drive on, and I didn't want that.

5. Brand Value - Undoubtedly, i20 enjoys higher brand value than Baleno. This was a little concern for me even though I initially booked Baleno.

Hence, called the Hyundai dealer on 23rd Nov, enquired about the car and booked immediately. Got the car on 25th ready for delivery, and took the delivery on 28th November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Hi,
2) The c-pillar now comes in gloss finish rather than the matte type earlier.
No, it doesn't. I got my new i20 Elite yesterday (Oct 2015 manufactured), and it came in matte type. I20 Active is getting the gloss type. Observed it yesterday at the dealer.
Quote:
5) I am not too sure about this one but i guess the asta(o) variant gets aluminium types pedals too.
Again - No, it doesn't. It just comes with normal pedals.

Apart the differences you have mentioned, one more - Now that the asta (o) comes with Navigation touch screen unit and the reverse camera has been transferred there, the Electrochromic mirror has been removed and got replaced with Manual day/light mirror.

Here are some pics of my brand new BADSHAH ( i20 Elite Asta (o) CRDI)

Hoping to write an ownership review soon!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-1.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-3.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-4.jpg  

Last edited by madhav14 : 29th November 2015 at 15:30.
madhav14 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 15:44   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
No, it doesn't. I got my new i20 Elite yesterday (Oct 2015 manufactured), and it came in matte type. I20 Active is getting the gloss type. Observed it yesterday at the dealer.
Quote:
Again - No, it doesn't. It just comes with normal pedals.
Thanks for correcting me buddy.

Quote:
Here are some pics of my brand new BADSHAH ( i20 Elite Asta (o) CRDI)
Thats an awesome ride you got there buddy. I so wish that touchscreen navigation was present in my car too.
Waiting for the ownership review.
Old 29th November 2015, 16:53   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Well, no specific negatives about the car/dealership. I've always been a fan of i20 and I was actually about to buy one, but with the news of Baleno, waited for the launch to happen. Saw the Baleno in flesh, had a couple of Test drives, liked the car and booked it. However, please find the reasons for the shift to i20 Elite below.
Thanks for that detailed explanation.

I wanted to know your reasons for the switch because I have done just the opposite.. i.e. had booked an i20, but cancelled and booked a Baleno. But of course, you have your own valid reasons and i20 is no doubt an amazing car. Wish you many happy miles with your BADSHAH.
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 16:54   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Thats an awesome ride you got there buddy. I so wish that touchscreen navigation was present in my car too.
Thanks dude. And regarding the touchscreen, frankly - after getting used to our high end smart phones and google maps with lots of local details including a small grocery store near your home, this touch screen won't appeal you that much to use except for its looks.

In my opinion, Touch - Not bad, Music & Bluetooth visuals, options - very good, FM operation - Good & easy, That clock - too good

But Maps - Just average. I'll change the head unit in an year as the Android Auto would be the norm then and we can expect higher quality touch and the awesome google maps there.

Quote:
Waiting for the ownership review.
About to drive more than 2000km on highways, Metros & Towns in the next 5 days. So, will definitely be out in December.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:18   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns1976 View Post
Can u give an indication of the cost?
Sure bro.

1. Foglamps: Philips Crystalvision Ultra 37.5W 893 H27

I shelled out around Rs. 2000 for this. This was bought from Ebay USA
This comes in 893 H27 Socket. Ours is 880 H27 PG13.
Both are interchangeable and the wires are able to handle that extra load of 12.5W
There is a noticeable increase in light spread and also looks cool when viewed from front. The factory bulbs looked like there is a low voltage problem in the car

2. Parking Bulbs: OSRAM T10 W5W 6000K 2880CW Cool White
Bought these for around Rs. 1000 but very worth for the money we spent
Atleast 10 times brighter than the stock parking bulbs. And these comes with a nice projector lens casing which inturn makes the leds appear more appealing.

3. Headlamp Bulbs: OSRAM Cool Blue Intense H4 55/60W

Shelled out Rs. 894 for these and bought from Ebay India
Good spread and almost white light. Not good for rains BTB
During dry runs, these are the best. Brighter than normal bulbs

Mod Note: Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word software (MS Word etc.). That results in a formatting error on our Forum.
Click here to know how to remove FONT Tags from your post.

Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th December 2015 at 18:01.
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:30   #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldrifter View Post
Yes, earlier i was getting this sort of sound too, but as pointed out by Rahul it was due to sunglasses inside the sunglass compartment. The noise which is coming now, is related to bushes and coming from front suspension (only in morning time). My SA told me that this kind of sound reported by many people is due to poor quality of rubber that is used in bushes and also due to some gap in them. The new bushes are designed such a way to overcome these problems.

Please get your steering rack checked, otherwise it could also be due to front balancing rod bushes.
I have noticed over the last couple of weeks some knocking noise has developed from the front driver's side while driving on uneven road surface at low speed.

First time I heard it, I thought it's coming from engine bay. Opened the hood and found everything normal.

Then upon continuous observations, I have sort of concluded the noise to be coming from suspension. But I could be wrong and would only let the mechanic to take the final call.

My car has done only 5500 Kms since we have bought it six months back.
Old 4th December 2015, 15:05   #1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro3hit View Post
Hello everyone,

Just got the delivery, two quick observations

1) the C pair is no longer matte- it is Glossy, SA said it was the first time he saw it
2) The IRVM has the ugly flip type button

Cheers,
Hi ro3hit,

Have u confirmed about Glossy C pillar?
Is it permanent change in elite i20 or it just unknowing gift to u by Hyundai???

Please also advise about radio antenna size. I came to know about reduce antenna size from Hyundai.... Is it true or they are giving same loooooong antenna..??

It would be great if you could share some of your car pics as your is look unique with glossy C pillar.

Thanks.

Regards,
AD
Old 4th December 2015, 16:38   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_AD View Post
Hi ro3hit,

Have u confirmed about Glossy C pillar?
Is it permanent change in elite i20 or it just unknowing gift to u by Hyundai???

Please also advise about radio antenna size. I came to know about reduce antenna size from Hyundai.... Is it true or they are giving same loooooong antenna..??

It would be great if you could share some of your car pics as your is look unique with glossy C pillar.

Thanks.

Regards,
AD

Hi AD,

I asked the SA and he said it was the first time he saw this in the lot that my cars came in so i was pretty sure that it was glossy.

But although Piyush46 has got the Matte Type i suspect since that was a October model it was still Matte.

Mine is a Novemeber 2015 model so that might be the reason, also just saw a brand new silver Asta VTVT without number plates and even that had the Glossy finish so i think it might be a change.

Another possibility would be that due to the rains the factory fell short of the matte type so to continue production they might have taken the glossy ones from the i20 active line.

Whatever is the case i like the glossy type better than the matte one so i am happy

Coming the antenna, AFAIK the Asta (O) CRDI is the only one that comes with the short stub antenna and the not the long one. Even the Asta VTVT does not get the shorter one.

Will definitely put up the pics over the weekend.

Hope this helps, do let me know if any other details are needed.

Thanks,
ro3hit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 18:41   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
I asked the SA and he said it was the first time he saw this in the lot that my cars came in so i was pretty sure that it was glossy.

But although Piyush46 has got the Matte Type i suspect since that was a October model it was still Matte.

Mine is a Novemeber 2015 model so that might be the reason, also just saw a brand new silver Asta VTVT without number plates and even that had the Glossy finish so i think it might be a change.
Quote:
I think, off late, they shifted to glossy type c - pillar. Few days ago, I went to a hyundai showroom in noida to test drive verna and creta with a friend. There i noticed an I20 with glossy type. That's why i mentioned it as a change, but then madhav14 contradicted so i thought that was a personalisation done by the owner, but since ro3hit also mentions about the same so i think there is something about it. Someone can confirm with dealers though to be sure.
Old 4th December 2015, 19:53   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
I think, off late, they shifted to glossy type c - pillar. Few days ago, I went to a hyundai showroom in noida to test drive verna and creta with a friend. There i noticed an I20 with glossy type. That's why i mentioned it as a change, but then madhav14 contradicted so i thought that was a personalisation done by the owner, but since ro3hit also mentions about the same so i think there is something about it. Someone can confirm with dealers though to be sure.
Yeah may be they have shifted to the gloss type. My car is Oct 2015 manufactured, hence guessing mine would have been be last lot with that matte finish.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 20:18   #1275

@ro3hit, @Piyush46 & @madhav14
Thanks a lot guys for your prompt response.
Going tomorrow to meet dealer to get update. Will let you all know soon.

There were few features cut in Elite Sportz (o) few months ago like not having leather wrapped steering wheel, leather wrapped gear knob.
Is there any way we can get these features from dealer upon request (by paying extra)??
Did anybody tired to get these features as in one of the old t-BHP thread an owner of 1st gen i20 get these features by ordering from dealer....

It would be good if anybody share accessories list (if they have it).

Thanks.

Regards,
AD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks