Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2015, 22:55   #1141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
Have u found the way to fix the bulb? If yes, can u post some pics?

I am about to receive my elite in a couple of days and i am interested in this LED fog lights.

Thanks in advance.
Not yet. Felt quite difficult. So am looking forward to change it during the service. Also I found it difficult to change the pilot bulbs too. Change the headlight bulbs, but the pilots are fixed firm. Or i donno the technique to replace them.

Those who have changed the bulbs, please help us.
Old 23rd October 2015, 05:04   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Has any one changed the Reverse Light Bulb to LED? The Stock Bulb simply refuses to lit the road behind in already poorly lit areas.:banghead:
Old 23rd October 2015, 10:49   #1143
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hey guys,

This time at the 3rd service, the SA was suggesting to put engine oil additive and fuel additive. I quickly checked on the Hyundai website, they have tie-ups with some vendors like 3M but 3M was not available at he was suggesting MotoLube. I refused to put it because I wanted to confirm the use of it first. I told them I'll only get it done if they have 3M. Anyone who has used it? Does it really help?
Old 24th October 2015, 02:13   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Hey guys,

This time at the 3rd service, the SA was suggesting to put engine oil additive and fuel additive. I quickly checked on the Hyundai website, they have tie-ups with some vendors like 3M but 3M was not available at he was suggesting MotoLube. I refused to put it because I wanted to confirm the use of it first. I told them I'll only get it done if they have 3M. Anyone who has used it? Does it really help?
I personally consider them to be a waste of money and so does many BHPians. I'd rather recommend an engine flush at 40 or 50k kms and then repeating it at 100k. Take a look at the below post and you may also refer to the complete thread for more information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3573341
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 08:14   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Not yet. Felt quite difficult. So am looking forward to change it during the service. Also I found it difficult to change the pilot bulbs too. Change the headlight bulbs, but the pilots are fixed firm. Or i donno the technique to replace them.

Those who have changed the bulbs, please help us.
Please can you post some pictures of what you're working on(rear of headlights etc.)?

In my 1st gen i20, all the bulbs (H4 and w5w)were contained behind a single weather proof cap of sorts.

I had to change them after removing HL assay(Which was easy in the 1st gen i20)
Old 24th October 2015, 14:22   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Please can you post some pictures of what you're working on(rear of headlights etc.)?

In my 1st gen i20, all the bulbs (H4 and w5w)were contained behind a single weather proof cap of sorts.

I had to change them after removing HL assay(Which was easy in the 1st gen i20)
Hi, the weather proof cap is still there which can be removed by turning it anti clockwise. The H4s can be changed by removing one clip by pressing it down. But the w5w bulbs are fixed very firm. I tried to pull it out. But no use at all. How did you remove the w5w bro? Please share the method. Also I could replace the H4s without removing the headlight assembly. There is enough space behind the headlamp to do this operation.
Old 24th October 2015, 22:40   #1147

So after a long wait she is finally home!

Got my I20 Asta(o)P delivered day before yesterday.Did 180 kms in two days and have to say ,its one smooth car to drive. Beautiful car and amazing features.Its all one can ask for in this segment.
Attaching a few pics that I took day before during the delivery and after the pooja.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20151009_12_17_22_pro.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20151009_12_17_30_pro.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20151009_12_12_59_pro.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20151009_12_06_14_pro.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20151009_12_04_10_pro.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-screen.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20151009_11_55_35_pro.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20151022_12_50_09_pro.jpg  

sharath92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 10:50   #1148
BHPian

One issue after my 2nd free service.
Car is giving low mileage when I am driving it sedately
Yes I meant it.

Had a 200km + drive in some state highway roads of kerala, from chengannur to varkala, to and fro. The roads are all good except for the speed breakers in between.
Normally I cruse at 80+ speeds all the time, but this time, I had to maintain a speed of around 55 as we were moving in a convoy consisting of 1 punto, 2 i10s, 1 eon and my car. I was driving most of the time at the 6th hog (Yes, the car will move at 6th gear even though the engine resonance is prominent). I thought it would reward a great mileage. But to my surprise, the yellow light came in much earlier.

I got around 15kmpl mileage only

Today morning, I came back to thrissur in the NH at full blast speeds as the roads were empty and I had to start at around 4am. was cruising at around 100 with occasional high speeds and voila, the car gave me 21kmpl :O

Is it like the car ecu automatically adjusted according to my driving pattern

OR

The service center guys burned a house out of the diesel in my car

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th October 2015 at 16:00. Reason: Post edited. Please avoid posting about speeding on the forums.
Old 26th October 2015, 15:45   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One issue after my 2nd free service.
Car is giving low mileage when I am driving it sedately
Yes I meant it.

Had a 200km + drive in some state highway roads of kerala, from chengannur to varkala, to and fro. The roads are all good except for the speed breakers in between.
Normally I cruse at 80+ speeds all the time, but this time, I had to maintain a speed of around 55 as we were moving in a convoy consisting of 1 punto, 2 i10s, 1 eon and my car. I was driving most of the time at the 6th hog (Yes, the car will move at 6th gear even though the engine resonance is prominent). I thought it would reward a great mileage. But to my surprise, the yellow light came in much earlier.

I got around 15kmpl mileage only

Today morning, I came back to thrissur in the NH at full blast speeds as the roads were empty and I had to start at around 4am. was cruising at around 100 with occasional touch-ups of 140 and voila, the car gave me 21kmpl :O

OR

The service center guys burned a house out of the diesel in my car
Slower Speed doesnt mean Higher Fuel Efficiency. You need to maintain optimum speed in the top gear for maximum efficiency. 55 kmph is very low I feel, hence the lower fuel efficiency.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 17:13   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Slower Speed doesnt mean Higher Fuel Efficiency. You need to maintain optimum speed in the top gear for maximum efficiency. 55 kmph is very low I feel, hence the lower fuel efficiency.
I second that.

I may be wrong, but I remember someone told me many years ago - some cars like Maruti 800 have 45~55 kmph as optimum and cars like Honda City have 70~90 kmph as optimum. Since this is just a oral feedback from friends - I am sure the technical experts out there can correct me!

Edit: I was even told that for Nano the optimum speed is less than 40 kmph and for rickshaws it can be around 30 kmph!

Last edited by GKMahajan : 26th October 2015 at 17:23. Reason: Missed a point and did not feel worth adding a new post.
Old 26th October 2015, 23:47   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What you were doing is known as lugging. Modern high speed engines don't like lugging at all. It can damage the engine components due to stress in the long run. FE should be the least of your worries.

If the speeds are going to be low, don't engage the overdrive gears. Use 3rd and 4th and drive like an automatic. The engine will be happy, the FE will be better, the left leg will be happy and the car will always be in the power band ready to pounce.

This is especially true for Kerala roads. There are days when I don't use the 5th cog at all in the Fiesta.

Read up more on lugging here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ur-engine.html
Old 27th October 2015, 07:18   #1152
BHPian

Thanks a ton bros wont strain the engine here after
Old 27th October 2015, 14:25   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
I also got the third service done of my Elite i20 Asta Diesel about 2-3 weeks back but no change whatsoever after the service. Infact, it felt smoother to drive. I would suggest you to get it checked at another ASS and always get the service done in front of your eyes even at ASS.
I too got the third service at 23k last week and amazing performance so far. I have driven 1800kms round trip immediately after the 3rd service and absolutely no complaints
Old 27th October 2015, 14:29   #1154

Hi Guys,
I am planning a road trip to goa in December. It will be my cars' (elite i20 Petrol) first extra long journey. I did a trip to Coorg recently. Oh what a comfortable car it is to take anywhere

Coming back to point. The roads are good and one can easily do 120 km/hr on the roads. so my question is that will the car be okay in doing higher speeds, say 120 km/hr, for longer intervals of time ? will the engine get strained too much.
I did 120 km/hr on my drive to coorg and saw that revs hover around 3100 for 120 km/hr.
Also any serious impact on FE at such high speed ?
Old 27th October 2015, 16:09   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_velocity View Post
Hi Guys,
I am planning a road trip to goa in December. It will be my cars' (elite i20 Petrol) first extra long journey.
No problem in doing high speeds. FE will be hit. expect 15-16 KM/L max. If the car is fully loaded you will feel the engine getting strained. Upto 2 people no issues. If the highway is undivided, you will need to downshift for overtaking.

The USP of i20 is not performance.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks