Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2015, 22:54   #391
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Spotted at a Hyundai showroom when we went to pick a Grand i10 up for a family member.

Gosh, 10,500 units dispatched from the factory in November, and another 9,300 in December...that's still not enough to meet demand! Once I sat in the display i20 though (first time after the official review), I knew why. What a beautifully constructed car. Hope the success of the i20 pushes other manufacturers into offering truly world-class quality in their cars.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-20150110-16.05.35.jpg
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 19:24   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
PS: Looks wise, it may be German, but when quality, suspension and ride comfort are taken into account then, its way behind Germans..
What quality are you talking about? We have many Polo owners on the forum complaining about rattles within 2 months of ownership. And the resale value of the i20 would be much better than the Polo.
Old 12th January 2015, 20:43   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
What quality are you talking about? We have many Polo owners on the forum complaining about rattles within 2 months of ownership. And the resale value of the i20 would be much better than the Polo.
Totally agree with the resale value part. About rattles in Polo, my friend is a polo owner since last two years. He had a maruti before that. The rattle thing is mostly exaggeration. Probably the perception of German quality sets the bar too high for polo. Since its a car that ply on our so called roads, some rattles and squeaks can be expected. But its nothing that won't go away with adequate minor tweaks. Polos build quality, body work, paint job quality etc is surely much ahead of Hyundai any day.
Old 15th January 2015, 10:15   #394
BHPian

my first post

happy to place my first post .

elite i 20 is the affordable "bmw" like offering from hyundai to the burgeoning middle class in india

hyundai have targeted a niche segment by providing a blockbuster understanding peoples requirements .

the fully loaded astas are a great offering on par with a luxury sedan .

i20 asta diesel is my choice
Old 15th January 2015, 11:05   #395
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Spotted at a Hyundai showroom when we went to pick a Grand i10 up for a family member.

Gosh, 10,500 units dispatched from the factory in November, and another 9,300 in December...that's still not enough to meet demand! Once I sat in the display i20 though (first time after the official review), I knew why. What a beautifully constructed car. Hope the success of the i20 pushes other manufacturers into offering truly world-class quality in their cars.
At any point during the review process or otherwise, did Hyundai mention why there is no automatic transmission on offer for the Elite i20? I seriously dont understand why Hyundai is shying away from Automatics when the mass market is warming upto the idea.

There are no safety features on the Grand i10 Asta AT, Xcent S(O) AT has been silently discontinued and only the top end SX(o) AT remains, there is no extended warranty available on the Grand and Xcent automatics and moreover - no AT itself on the Elite i20.

Or - are they waiting for something? Localisation/ Dual clutch boxes etc?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th January 2015 at 11:08.
Old 15th January 2015, 11:13   #396
BHPian

Hyundai has 4 speed automaic. They have realized that they cannot sustain with this as its not fuel efficient . They are bringing 6 speed automatic in the upcoming verna. They may extend the same to I 20
Old 15th January 2015, 11:50   #397
BHPian

Hi guys. i am looking forward to purchasing the i20 elite MAGNA (Petrol). I am still confused between this and Swift Dzire Vxi. Can someone who has owned it, tell me the fuel economy of Magna petrol? Both city and Highway.
Old 15th January 2015, 13:47   #398
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
Hi guys. i am looking forward to purchasing the i20 elite MAGNA (Petrol). I am still confused between this and Swift Dzire Vxi. Can someone who has owned it, tell me the fuel economy of Magna petrol? Both city and Highway.
Hii ethan3686,
A few members who own the petrol variant of the i20 have quoted about 14kmpl. I've quoted their posts for your reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
I'm getting an average FEE of around 14 within city and very good mileage of 18.2 on the freeway ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashish Goel View Post
Covered 550 km on Odo... Mileage turned out to be 14.1 kmpl (City+Hgwy).
I'd say its decent for a petrol, Hoping for it to improve after 1st service.
Also, between the Dzire and the i20, I feel that if mileage and the extra boot space is important for you then go for the Dzire, if not the i20 would be a very competent package for you overall.
And the good looks of the car wont hurt either Do let us know what you decide to buy.

Drive safe.
dvv
Old 15th January 2015, 15:52   #399
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
At any point during the review process or otherwise, did Hyundai mention why there is no automatic transmission on offer for the Elite i20? I seriously dont understand why Hyundai is shying away from Automatics when the mass market is warming upto the idea.

Or - are they waiting for something? Localisation/ Dual clutch boxes etc?
Yep, they're waiting to clear the backlog. Right now, the demand for the i20 far exceeds supplies. I believe the AT will come once the waiting period is history.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 22:31   #400
BHPian

Hello,

I just booked the I20 Elite Asta 1.2(P) today. They told me that the delivery will happen sometime after four months.

Does anybody think that the prices might go down since the price of steel/paint and other important components has already gone down as compared to Nov/Dec market prices. I hope they pass this benefit on to the customers on all the car models.

That being said, is anyone aware of the average maintenance cost of the I20 Elite?

Thanks!
Old 15th January 2015, 22:45   #401
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Hello,

I just booked the I20 Elite Asta 1.2(P) today. They told me that the delivery will happen sometime after four months.

Does anybody think that the prices might go down since the price of steel/paint and other important components has already gone down as compared to Nov/Dec market prices. I hope they pass this benefit on to the customers on all the car models.

That being said, is anyone aware of the average maintenance cost of the I20 Elite?

Thanks!
Unless you've paid the full amount right now, or have a price protection agreement, you will be billed on the date of delivery at that price.
Cost should be similar to the polo, check the ownership threads for more details.
The exise cut dismissal and general new year would mean prices will tend to rise.
4 months is sure a long time to wait, the GT TSI is available without any big delays now

Last edited by H_Dogg72 : 15th January 2015 at 22:49.
Old 15th January 2015, 22:49   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Unless you've paid the full amount right now, or have a price protection agreement, you will be billed on the date of delivery at that price.
Cost should be similar to the polo, check the ownership threads for more details.
4 months is sure a long time to wait, the GT TSI is available without any big delays now
Thanks for the response.

I do not want to go with a VW/Skoda vehicle because of their relatively sparse service network as compared to Suzuki/Hyundai in Pune.

On the price part, lets see what the price is at the time of delivery.

Thanks again!
Old 16th January 2015, 07:10   #403
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks!
Congrats on your booking. I too have booked the same petrol variant. I made my booking on Dec 27th. Since I insisted on a 2015 car, they said they'll know how long it takes only from Jan onwards. Spoke to my Sales consultant the day before yesterday and he said new 2015 cars might be coming in any day now and that he would give me the engine no / chassis no by the weekend.

This after they initially quoted a delivery date around Feb 15th. I really think if your equation with the sale consultant is good, they might just be able to get your car sooner. And regular follow up from your end might help.

Drive Safe.
dvv
dvv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 10:02   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks!
Congratulations on your purchase. Did you think of Asta diesel? Feeling petrol to be little underpowered.
Old 16th January 2015, 11:10   #405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
Hyundai has 4 speed automaic. They have realized that they cannot sustain with this as its not fuel efficient . They are bringing 6 speed automatic in the upcoming verna. They may extend the same to I 20
The 6 speed is already present in the Elantra. Even it won't deliver a huge difference in FE though, however - if the Verna comes with a diesel AT, then that's a totally different story.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks