Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:44   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
I did come across a weird issue when i parked the vehicle after a 550 km drive in my garage and in next 10 minutes came back to start the car for some reason and found there was absolutely no power in the steering and very hard to turn the wheels and the temperature control was absolutely zero.

After an hour left the vehicle to idle and then turned on the car and everything came back alright. This is something strange that i noticed in my 10k drive so far but experienced this only once.
Did you report this problem to the service centre? If not yet, then you MUST. Steering going powerless, is a big concern. Get it checked ASAP.
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:59   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Did you report this problem to the service centre? If not yet, then you MUST. Steering going powerless, is a big concern. Get it checked ASAP.
Thanks for bringing this up. I did check with the Service center and they came back saying "Nothing to worry" Will get it rectified during second service this week.

I have driven around 3500 kms after this issue and no problem thereafter.
Old 22nd January 2015, 14:51   #438
BHPian

one interesting fact to notice is by the time honda jazz launches ( in march 2015 ) , i20 could be closer to reach the 1 lakh mark .

as of december it stood at 60,000 units and constantly selling at 10k units a month .

If not it would be closer to 1 lakh units .
abkett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:02   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
I did come across a weird issue when i parked the vehicle after a 550 km drive in my garage and in next 10 minutes came back to start the car for some reason and found there was absolutely no power in the steering and very hard to turn the wheels and the temperature control was absolutely zero.
Just to clarify - the power was zero AFTER you switched on the engine right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...mes-loose.html

Hope its not the first occurance of these steering related issues in the Elite i20. However, to be fair to Hyundai - there has only been one or two reported till date.
Old 22nd January 2015, 16:41   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Just to clarify - the power was zero AFTER you switched on the engine right?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...mes-loose.html

Hope its not the first occurance of these steering related issues in the Elite i20. However, to be fair to Hyundai - there has only been one or two reported till date.
Yes, these issues were noticed after turning on the ignition.
Old 23rd January 2015, 23:04   #441
dvv
BHPian

Ok so was supposed to take delivery of the car today (23rd). Had done my PDI on 21st, signed the form 20 on 22nd and gave all the original documents needed for registration.
Took the day off from work and was eagerly waiting to take delivery of the car.
Received a call from SA around 10 AM, saying vehicle would not be going for registration because some online system through which they make tax payment etc to RTO was not working for them.
Total mood off on hearing that. Whole family and friends were eagerly awaiting the arrival of the car and the whole excitement has gone down the drain.

Went to the dealership, asked if I could take delivery of vehicle with temp registration or at least with the for registration sticker since after 23rd there was no auspicious day for the next 7 days. Again a big fat no.

Buying first car in the family and the experience has been spoilt for us. Thank you very much, Hyundai. Clearly we are not paying them enough money for them to uphold their commitment.
Old 24th January 2015, 23:50   #442
BHPian

As we all know hyundais 1 lt tgdi is on the anvil and will be launched in the european I 20 shortly in this year . To make hyundai india expedite this to indian I 20 here's some news from fiat . Fiat will this year launch 1.4 ltr turbocharged 112 bhp punto and aventura . This will make them the most powerful petrol hatch backs in india in sub 10 lakh segment .
Old 27th January 2015, 08:03   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvv View Post
. Again a big fat no.
I did not understand why could not the Dealer deliver the car to you on the promised date. Getting the car registered is not connected with delivery. What reason did the Dealer give?

Last edited by rki2007 : 27th January 2015 at 08:05.
Old 27th January 2015, 08:44   #444
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I did not understand why could not the Dealer deliver the car to you on the promised date. Getting the car registered is not connected with delivery. What reason did the Dealer give?
Even I dont understand why they could not give the car to me on that date!
All that I have been told is that they had to make some payment to the RTO through some online system which was not working on that day. So they could not take the vehicle for registration. I was ok with this.

So I asked them to give me the vehicle so that I could take delivery on that day and could bring back the vehicle when they do the registration. The guy started saying it might be an issue if something happens to the vehicle and what not. Obviously it was a risk I am aware of. But no, they would not give me the vehicle unregistered.

But from what I can see or feel, it seems purposeful that they have delayed my delivery. The car was still in the yard on that day when I checked without informing the SA. Either they goofed up badly in the delivery timeline or something else must have happened. Either way I'm visiting the dealership again today to have a talk with the manager of Hyundai Motor Plaza. If I'm not satisfied I'll raise hell with Hyundai directly.

Drive safe.
dvv
Old 27th January 2015, 11:50   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Either way I'm visiting the dealership again today to have a talk with the manager of Hyundai Motor Plaza. If I'm not satisfied I'll raise hell with Hyundai directly.

Drive safe.
dvv
Once the delivery letter is signed by you at the time of taking delivery, the responsibility of the Dealer will seize.

Also AFAIK at least in Bangalore, the car is not taken to the RTO at the time of registering.

I sense there is something fishy going around. Check the car once physically whether everything is in order.

Since the Dealer has not honoured his promise, you dont have to be diplomatic. Hope you understood.

All the best.

Last edited by rki2007 : 27th January 2015 at 11:51.
Old 27th January 2015, 12:07   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Ok.... would not be going for registration because some online system through which they make tax payment etc to RTO was not working for them. ...
Been there and can empathize with you.

May I suggest a bit of patience so that you don't end up with a bad taste which might overshadow the whole joy of owning the car?

To start with, why not check with the local RTO/ other dealers around the vicinity if the story does hold any water. If it turns out there was indeed a problem, then you can rest a bit easy.

It's illegal to drive a car on the road without having at least a temp registration. Did they clarify why they could not give a temp registration?

Also I would suggest having a healthy discussion with the showroom/ SR/ staff. Getting frustrated won't be getting you anywhere. Escalate if you must, but would suggest to do it in a firm and pleasant manner.

Last edited by vinjosep : 27th January 2015 at 12:09.
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 12:26   #447
BHPian

elite i 20 cross :

supposedly gets an extra wheel base , projector lamps , new alloy wheels .

But possibly will it get a new petrol engine ( 1.4 gamma ? )
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2015hyundaii20crossfrontthreequarterspied1024x575.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2015hyundaii20crossrearthreequarterspied1024x575.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2015hyundaii20crossside1spied1024x575.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-2015hyundaii20crosssidespied1024x575.jpg  

abkett is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 20:20   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
elite i 20 cross :

supposedly gets an extra wheel base , projector lamps , new alloy wheels .

But possibly will it get a new petrol engine ( 1.4 gamma ? )

Interesting .. was just wondering ! if the i20 Cross came with projector head lights with DRL integrated would it be a stock fit for the existing i20 ?
Old 27th January 2015, 20:52   #449
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Also AFAIK at least in Bangalore, the car is not taken to the RTO at the time of registering.
I sense there is something fishy going around. Check the car once physically whether everything is in order.
Since the Dealer has not honoured his promise, you dont have to be diplomatic.
Hi, yes I've already inspected the car at the yard twice since Friday. Once on Saturday and once today when I was returning from office in the evening. Everything looks the same. I just think they over promised in terms of the delivery day and could not keep it. Yes diplomacy does not work always. However the SA has promised to register the vehicle tomorrow and thereafter I can take the vehicle anytime. However I'll be taking it on Sunday since that is an auspicious day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Been there and can empathize with you.

May I suggest a bit of patience so that you don't end up with a bad taste which might overshadow the whole joy of owning the car?

To start with, why not check with the local RTO/ other dealers around the vicinity if the story does hold any water. If it turns out there was indeed a problem, then you can rest a bit easy.

It's illegal to drive a car on the road without having at least a temp registration. Did they clarify why they could not give a temp registration?

Also I would suggest having a healthy discussion with the showroom/ SR/ staff. Getting frustrated won't be getting you anywhere. Escalate if you must, but would suggest to do it in a firm and pleasant manner.
Thank you. From what I hear the dealership was not able to register any vehicle that day. However I have no way of confirming that story.

With regards to the temp registration, they said I'd have to go to the RTO pay an additional 6K and get the temporary registration. I was hoping they would provide one of their temp registration numbers atleast for the one
day I take delivery, but that was not to be.

Have spoken to my SA. He's extremely apologetic. From a neutral stand point, I can see that he has done a lot to get the vehicle quickly after pongal and completed the other formalities. Only hiccup in the whole process was the registration. I'm not looking to escalate the issue simply because the person who will be blamed will be the SA and in this case it just wont help doing so.

Drive Safe.
dvv.
Old 29th January 2015, 13:10   #450
BHPian

I want some advice on upgrading my tyres (petrol Elite) from 195/55 R16 to 215/50 R16 just for looks. Would it be a good idea?

Also does anyone know where to get cotton seat covers in Bengaluru?

Last edited by CarNerd : 29th January 2015 at 13:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks