Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2015, 10:30   #421
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighAlpha View Post
People are finding 8-9L OTR cost of Ei20 too much for a hatchback as it is.
Elite i20 OTR in Bangalore for Asta Petrol is Rs 8.48 L and Asta diesel comes to Rs 9.92 L approximately. This comes in effect post excise duty cut. Earlier it was Rs 8.06 L and Rs 9.48 L for petrol and diesel respectively. Expecting Jazz and YRA to be priced close to this with a difference of plus or minus Rs 10,000 to 20,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malayrai View Post
Do you think there is a way I can have the dealer refund my money. They sold me the insurance saying its all cost of insurance. Or is it that now since I have piad the money there is nothing I can do.
Congrats for your new car. Dealers will get a percentage of commission from the Insurance service provider and so it will be difficult for you to get your money back. Make sure 'Nil Depreciation' mentioned if you had opted for zero depreciation. Luckily, you safed a huge money by getting the car in December itself.
Old 18th January 2015, 15:42   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Elite i20 OTR in Bangalore for Asta Petrol is Rs 8.48 L and Asta diesel comes to Rs 9.92 L.
Holy moly! Banglore taxes are way too much. Asta P costs 7.8x on road in Pune. That's a difference of almost 50k INR.
Old 18th January 2015, 17:22   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Elite i20 OTR in Bangalore for Asta Petrol is Rs 8.48 L and Asta diesel comes to Rs 9.92 L approximately.
The price includes Road tax, Insurance ( from the dealer ), extended warranty and incidental expenses.
Old 18th January 2015, 18:14   #424
BHPian

Its 8.1 for asta petrol and 9.48 for asta diesel in coimbatore.
Old 18th January 2015, 19:37   #425
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Insurance : 28,742 -- I told them that I will take care of this
Yes it is better that you take this outside. Although, the amount quoted by them is about 5k more than what is given by HMP here. For 20K you can get 0% depreciation insurance with other add-ons outside.

Quote:
RTO Stuff : 63622
Handling Charges : 6300
Registration Number Place : 6019 -- This is too much IMHO
Even I was given about 10K as handling & logistics charges. Gave the Sales consultant a heart attack by asking if I could save on this 10K by getting the car from the factory in Sriperumbudur myself . Obviously he refused.

Quote:
I am going to ask the dealer for my Booking ID, is there any way I can keep a track of it? I have a feeling that people with connections are going to pull strings and get their work done and I might keep getting pushed to the end of the queue.
I'm not aware of any tracking mechanism by which we can check our booking status. And yes people will surely try and pull strings in the dealership and try jump the queue, suggest you try and pressurize the consultant to get your car sooner.

Drive safe.
dvv
Old 19th January 2015, 20:52   #426
BHPian

I have been researching for the i20 since more than a month now and have finally decided to plonk my money on it. However the biggest challenge I am facing is the varied delivery time periods being quoted by different dealers. The variance is ranging from 1.5 months told by Global Gallery on one hand to 4 months being told by Shreenath Hyundai.
In fact 2 dealerships of Shreenath Hyundai are quoting different waiting periods. The Ghatkopar branch quoted 4 months whilst the Andheri branch quoted 3 months!
The Global SA is ready to give it to me in writing that he will deliver the car in a period of 1.5 months max.

This has left me completely confused as to whom to trust and rely on. What if Global guys don't keep on the commitment and deliver the car later than the promised 1,5 months. I doubt if if I have any remedy against them.

Can Mumbai TBHPians help me out here. If you have had an experience with either of the showrooms please let me know. Thanks in advance to one and all who reply!
Old 19th January 2015, 22:40   #427
BHPian

Modi hyundai is the biggest dealer in mumbai . They have a branch at thane and goregaon ? . Why dont u try thane ? . Bigger dealers command a premium with the manufacturer on their monthly allotments .
Old 19th January 2015, 22:50   #428
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I have been researching for the i20 since more than a month now and have finally decided to plonk my money on it. However the biggest challenge I am facing is the varied delivery time periods being quoted by different dealers.
Hi,
Congrats on your choice of car. I too have decided on the i20 and will be taking delivery of the car within a weeks time. I had made my booking on Dec 27th and wanted a 2015 model.

With regards to the varied waiting times, I believe that the standard response to it is 4 months. This I think is because they want to follow the under-promise, over-deliver principles. Hence some of the dealers are playing it safe whilst some give you a more realistic timeline.

I feel that the demand for the car would stabilize in the coming months and 1 and half months waiting time seems more realistic and actually deliverable. 4 months is just too much. If the SA at Global Gallery, is willing to deliver it in that time frame I would suggest you go for it by paying the minimum booking amount of 10K. Either way if you are decided on the car then it makes more sense to make your booking at the dealership that promises to deliver sooner, since atleast this way you can hold them to their promise.

Drive safe.
dvv
Old 20th January 2015, 17:40   #429

Quote:
I checked with just one dealer, I am thinking of going to another one tomorrow and see what kind of average delivery time he says, I might shift the booking to him if it is considerably less.

The break up of the pricing is as follows:

Price Ex-Showroom: 6,96,421
Insurance : 28,742 -- I told them that I will take care of this
RTO Stuff : 63622
Handling Charges : 6300
Registration Number Place : 6019 -- This is too much IMHO

I am going to ask the dealer for my Booking ID, is there any way I can keep a track of it? I have a feeling that people with connections are going to pull strings and get their work done and I might keep getting pushed to the end of the queue.

Thanks.

Congrats Saket on your booking
I have also booked an Elite i20 (P) Asta on December 27 @ Sanjay Hyundai, Pune. From which dealer have you done the booking?
My SA called me last week informing me about the hike in the price of the car due to withdrawal of the excise duty cut. He mentioned that there is a 3 month waiting time period but he said they keep a buffer of a few weeks and give expected delivery time to look good in the eyes of the customer when they deliver before time.
What is the "Registration Number Place" component you have mentioned?
Also do you have an idea on the breakdown of the RTO charges they have mentioned? I am trying to find out what % of the ex-showroom price is the RTO charges.
I am also trying to find out if there is a way to track the car booking. I had asked my SA if I can track it online but he refused. Doesn't Hyundai provide an online tracking of the car with the expected delivery times? They should do that in this age of technology and that would make life simpler and hassle free instead of being at the mercy of the dealers.
Old 21st January 2015, 00:58   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
Congrats Saket on your booking
I have also booked an Elite i20 (P) Asta on December 27 @ Sanjay Hyundai, Pune. From which dealer have you done the booking?
My SA called me last week informing me about the hike in the price of the car due to withdrawal of the excise duty cut. He mentioned that there is a 3 month waiting time period but he said they keep a buffer of a few weeks and give expected delivery time to look good in the eyes of the customer when they deliver before time.
What is the "Registration Number Place" component you have mentioned?
Also do you have an idea on the breakdown of the RTO charges they have mentioned? I am trying to find out what % of the ex-showroom price is the RTO charges.
I am also trying to find out if there is a way to track the car booking. I had asked my SA if I can track it online but he refused. Doesn't Hyundai provide an online tracking of the car with the expected delivery times? They should do that in this age of technology and that would make life simpler and hassle free instead of being at the mercy of the dealers.
Thanks!

I am also not aware of the break up of the RTO charges, but I think must be including the registration copy(the dealer told me that they have some problem with the smart card thing, so they are again rolling out registration copies like old times).

Also, I think once the dealer gets the chasis number, they also get VIN from Hyundai which can then be used to track using HMIL website.

The place of registration for my vehicle is PMC.

They have mentioned 4-5 months on my order form, also when I asked the dealer about the average number of I20's that he gets from Hyundai every month, he said they get something around 30 to 35 per month. That is quite low IMHO.
Old 21st January 2015, 17:38   #431
BHPian

My Asta Petrol has just completed 10k in close to 4 months and due for second service during this weekend. Will post the ODO reading snapshot soon.

Experience so far: Awesome

I have a strange rattling noise that comes in a while during driving and still can't figure out from where. Will have to get it checked.
Old 21st January 2015, 17:48   #432
BHPian

@ssengo nice to hear . Have you taken this car in any rough terrain. I heard power output is not sufficient with petrol .kindly tell your ownership experience
Old 21st January 2015, 22:28   #433
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
My Asta Petrol has just completed 10k in close to 4 months and due for second service during this weekend. Will post the ODO reading snapshot soon.

Experience so far: Awesome

I have a strange rattling noise that comes in a while during driving and still can't figure out from where. Will have to get it checked.
Hi ssengo, can you let us know what mileage you have been getting now, after running 10K kilometers?
Also where did you get your car? Hyundai Motor Plaza?

Drive safe.
dvv
Old 22nd January 2015, 07:07   #434
BHPian

Most of the drive was on highway with AC on and usually get around 18. I purchased my car from DSC
ssengo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:21   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
@ssengo nice to hear . Have you taken this car in any rough terrain. I heard power output is not sufficient with petrol .kindly tell your ownership experience
I haven't tried it on terrain yet. I usually downshift gear based on the speed and very rarely felt loss of power.

I did come across a weird issue when i parked the vehicle after a 550 km drive in my garage and in next 10 minutes came back to start the car for some reason and found there was absolutely no power in the steering and very hard to turn the wheels and the temperature control was absolutely zero.

After an hour left the vehicle to idle and then turned on the car and everything came back alright. This is something strange that i noticed in my 10k drive so far but experienced this only once.

Overall experience is too good and feel proud to own it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks