Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2016, 15:32   #1921
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balachandran View Post
I changed the boot light to higher watts which I brought from China from a company which makes bulbs for leading company but the product is very good and bright and moreover very cheap. They also gave 10yrs warranty.

Following is the link from Amazon India,
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NF7WP94/..._I0RcybXFBE3DX

Cheers!
Amazon says no warranty on these products :-(

What is the link of the higher wattage bulbs for the boot? Is it a direct fit?

Is there any guide to changing these bulbs? Or can you guide me?
Old 22nd October 2016, 23:58   #1922
BHPian

@balachandran -

I found these bulbs on aliexpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs...999.264.qcKuZ0

But they are 32mm, will these fit?

Also these are 4.5W, will these be too bright?
Old 23rd October 2016, 09:41   #1923

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
@balachandran -

I found these bulbs on aliexpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs...999.264.qcKuZ0

But they are 32mm, will these fit?

Also these are 4.5W, will these be too bright?

Since Philips has discontinued those products the warranty also not valid I hope. But no issues those bulbs long life, even the brightness also will last long.
With respect to cheap Chinese LEDs the quality and brightness are issues, some lights will produce very less brightness in couple of months. Might turn to yellow that is less kelvin. Get good make product.
Cheers!

32 mm will fit no issues, you have to squeeze a bit to fix.
4.5w will be too bright I think that much is not necessary. Even driving with that brightness will be a bit problem for our eyes to see road.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2016 at 17:48. Reason: Posts merged. Please use MULTI-QUOTE / QUOTE+ when responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 23rd October 2016, 13:23   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
32 mm will fit no issues, you have to squeeze a bit to fix.
4.5w will be too bright I think that much is not necessary. Even driving with that brightness will be a bit problem for our eyes to see road.
Any guide to opening the light covers?

Also can you share the link of 10W bulb for the boot?
Old 23rd October 2016, 16:02   #1925
BHPian

Dear All, I have booked an Elite i20 Asta (O) CRDi in Phantom Black color. After putting a few dealers against each other, got a discount of 25k and should be getting the delivery by this week.
As mentioned in some of the earlier posts, Hyundai has added projector headlamps, speed sensing auto door lock and 6 airbags in the top trim. I could also see height adjustable seat belts mentioned on their website although haven’t seen it on any of the i20s so far.

I believe it is going to be the first black Elite i20 on this forum .
motoholic31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 17:54   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoholic31 View Post
Dear All, I have booked an Elite i20 Asta (O) CRDi in Phantom Black color. After putting a few dealers against each other, got a discount of 25k and should be getting the delivery by this week.
As mentioned in some of the earlier posts, Hyundai has added projector headlamps, speed sensing auto door lock and 6 airbags in the top trim. I could also see height adjustable seat belts mentioned on their website although haven’t seen it on any of the i20s so far.

I believe it is going to be the first black Elite i20 on this forum .

Any idea if we can add speed sensitive locks in earlier variants of i20? Or have they added a new system for this all together.

Oh, and congrats for the new buy.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2016 at 17:49. Reason: Posts merged.
dhruvwali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:45   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Any idea if we can add speed sensitive locks in earlier variants of i20? Or have they added a new system for this all together 😀
You can check about the activation of the speed sensing locks from an authorized service center, at least it can be done for the previous generation i20s, not sure about the Elite i20 though. As far as I know it is disabled by the software.
motoholic31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 12:20   #1928
BHPian

Hi All,

Wanted to know if the plastic mesh type cabin air filter in elite i20 can be changed to a paper based filter, similar to a pollen filter.

The reason behind this is that the current filter lets through a lot of dust and the ACC blows this dust allover the cabin. Felt like a pollen filter like filter would help to reduce this.

Thanks in Advance
Old 25th October 2016, 15:10   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
Hi All,

Wanted to know if the plastic mesh type cabin air filter in elite i20 can be changed to a paper based filter, similar to a pollen filter.

The reason behind this is that the current filter lets through a lot of dust and the ACC blows this dust allover the cabin. Felt like a pollen filter like filter would help to reduce this.

Thanks in Advance
Yes you can. In fact i changed to paper filter in my last service. Its a little expensive but does the job better than plastic one.
ckranjan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 20:44   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Yes you can. In fact i changed to paper filter in my last service. Its a little expensive but does the job better than plastic one.
Thanks for the info . Is it a genuine accessory available with Hyundai or you had ordered it from elsewhere ? How much did it cost ?

Also, updates on my car - The left side low beam filament conked off after 6 months of usage. I had upgraded to Philips Extremevision plus bulbs 6 months back. Had to change immediately and since only Osram nightbreaker unlimited was available i had to switch to them. I see that low beam is much better than Extremevision plus but the high beam is not really as good.

The other issue which I was seeing lately was a rattle coming from the driver side door, (sounding much like metal hitting).Kudos to Hyundai as this was the first rattle in 35k Kms and about 2 years time. This was mostly during acceleration and braking and not over the potholes. Figured out it was due to the door getting misaligned. Tried to get it fixed at the service centre to no respite. Today, I managed to get rid of the sound with a small hack - taping the contacts for the doors with a electrical tape. Small hack but works well, all ratting gone for now !!

Below are photographs for the same, kindly excuse low quality; had to use flash due to complete darkness.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_4329.jpg Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_4330.jpg
Rahul_ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 20:51   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Thanks for the info . Is it a genuine accessory available with Hyundai or you had ordered it from elsewhere ? How much did it cost ?
Today, I managed to get rid of the sound with a small hack - taping the contacts for the doors with a electrical tape. Small hack but works well, all ratting gone for now !!
Yes it is a Hyundai Genuine Part. Costs around Rs. 600.

Thanks for tip. I have the exact same rattle from the same door.
ckranjan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 21:48   #1932
BHPian

I'm not sure whether I can post this query here. Mods : Please remove if inappropriate

One of the Hyundai dealers has offered me a i20 Asta (O) (petrol) with dual airbags for 8.3L (without insurance since I wanted to take it from outside). I was looking at the Sportz version and for a difference of 50K (OTR is 7.9 and I've been offered a 20K cash discount), this seems to be a VFM deal considering the fact that I get alloys, touch screen HU with navigation, projector headlamps, start/stop button.
Though the features available in Asta (O) is not something that I was looking for except the fact that I wish Sportz had alloys, they seem to be good-to-have options.

Your inputs on this? Should I go for Asta (O) or stick with the Sportz variant?

Prices:

OTR chennai

Asta (O) with dual airbags was 8.81L
Asta (O) with 6 airbags costs 8.96L
Sportz : 7.9L with 20K discount

TIA
Old 26th October 2016, 12:11   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Thanks a lot for this info. Will b switching to this soon.
Old 26th October 2016, 20:52   #1934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Though the features available in Asta (O) is not something that I was looking for except the fact that I wish Sportz had alloys, they seem to be good-to-have options.

Your inputs on this? Should I go for Asta (O) or stick with the Sportz variant?

Prices:

OTR chennai

Asta (O) with dual airbags was 8.81L
Asta (O) with 6 airbags costs 8.96L
Sportz : 7.9L with 20K discount

TIA
If the features of Asta (O) dont appeal much to you and you only miss alloys on the sportz variant, then get sportz variant and buy alloys from outside or the dealer himself. 4 pair Alloys would cost you around 20-22k if bought from the dealer.
Old 28th October 2016, 21:27   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
These bulbs are known as festoon bulbs. Philips has stopped marketing this bulb in India but you can get it from Amazon. I actually got from Germany but same is available in India too. You may require 2 bulbs for the front maps light (it's called so I don't know why), one for the rear passenger side and one for the boot totally 4. I changed the boot light to higher watts which I brought from China from a company which makes bulbs for leading company but the product is very good and bright and moreover very cheap. They also gave 10yrs warranty. But Philips comes with life time warranty. All bulbs are of same size only that's is 30mm length. Make sure you are verifying the size before buying. Don't buy with multi adapter which can be fitted in almost all cars since the wires might block the light.
Following is the link from Amazon India,
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NF7WP94/..._I0RcybXFBE3DX

Cheers!
Hey, can you share a picture of the 10W bulb in the boot?

Doesnt it get too bright?

Also can the wires handle that kucht load?

What is the link to the product you bought?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks