Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2016, 22:52   #1786
BHPian

Re: planning to buy, had a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
Hi All,
I am seriously considering buying the i20 Asta Diesel (wanted the option of projectors and DRL but missing ECM is not a good idea hence will stick to Asta
I think you should go for the top end Asta(O) as you can always fix a Electrochromic Mirror. But it is very difficult to fix the headlights of the Asta(O). It has active cornering lights with projectors and drls' which I think you shouldn't miss!!
Asta_la_vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 15:47   #1787
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Just done with my second free service. Told the SA about suspension bushes replacement and he agreed to it. Thing is how do i check it has been done? The bill had no mention of it anywhere. Also, my insurance is due to expire next month. Is continuing with Hyundai insurance advisable? It comes to ~13K.
Old 9th August 2016, 17:26   #1788
BHPian

Hey guys,

My 2nd/10k km service is due next month, I am confused about changing from mineral to synthetic oil, should I switch to synthetic now? My car has run only 7000 kms till now and that would be the average running in a year going forward too.

Also, could anyone please tell me the average cost of this service?.
Old 9th August 2016, 19:21   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag08 View Post
Hey guys,

My 2nd/10k km service is due next month, I am confused about changing from mineral to synthetic oil, should I switch to synthetic now? My car has run only 7000 kms till now and that would be the average running in a year going forward too.

Also, could anyone please tell me the average cost of this service?.
My advice is to stick to the mineral oil for this service. You can change to Synthetic oil at your next service.

The cost of the 2nd service will be around 6k-7k, if the recommended maintenance procedures are alone carried out. (avoid wheel alignment and wheel balancing, you can get that done outside even cheaper)

Cheers

Prasanth Krishnan
Asta_la_vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 12:43   #1790
BHPian

Thanks a lot, I guess will do that.Also I had just gone to the service centre for the Map and Firmware update.

I was told my maps were already the latest and no update was required and he said there is an ECU update which will update everything and there is no separate firmware update,I really doubt the map thing,can anyone tell me what is Map version after the update.

My map ver is:PIO.IND.HMC.150729.77314(N)
Navi App ver:IB.IN.PRO.2015.07.13

Request people who have already updated to reply.
Old 10th August 2016, 19:36   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Just done with my second free service. Told the SA about suspension bushes replacement and he agreed to it. Thing is how do i check it has been done? The bill had no mention of it anywhere. Also, my insurance is due to expire next month. Is continuing with Hyundai insurance advisable? It comes to ~13K.
I got the suspension bushes changed last week on my i20 Asta Diesel. This, I was told, was almost like a recall and that all cars coming in for servicing are going through this change, free of charge. Testimony? I used to get intermittent thuds on speed breakers and pot holes (no dearth of it on our roads in India), and after the replacement of bushes, the noise is completely gone. The car is back to being at its smoothest...
Insurance - advise you to go with zero dep. It cost me Rs. 16267/- with HDFC Ergo (again, this is very recent figure - got this done last month).
RaghuChn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 15:26   #1792
BHPian

Had a nasty surprise today!!!

When I started the car today, it sounded weird, switched it off immediately, lifted the hood, and to my dismay a rat had Chewn the fuel pipe!

Checked with the service centre, seems the whole length of the pipe from the tank has to be replaced, the vehicle needs to be towed to the service centre!!

Approx cost seems to be around 2500, any one who has faced this , please let me know whether it is correct.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 11th August 2016, 15:40   #1793
BHPian

Everyone is so happy with the suspension bushes changes for free of cost. Even I was, till the time I got them changed "again" this time at service. The car feels much better to drive and silent on bad patches after the change. But is this sustainable? is this a design flaw causing bushes to go bad so early or is it the bad quality bushes?
I know it hardly costs Rs 200 for the change but does that mean we would need to change it at our cost at subsequent future service?
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 17:31   #1794
BHPian

Guys,
My car is Asta Petrol Dec 2014 model. Request sensor on the right door handle stopped working. I have to unlock car using remote key only.
I suspect rain water being leaked in it.
Has anyone faced such a problem? Will it be covered in warranty, any thoughts?
Old 11th August 2016, 18:17   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Had a nasty surprise today!!!

When I started the car today, it sounded weird, switched it off immediately, lifted the hood, and to my dismay a rat had Chewn the fuel pipe!

Shailesh
Oh damn, that's bad. I had an incident of a similar kind.
Our house cat delivered a litter and for some reason the kittens found the engine bay to be quite a comfortable place to make a home.

Fortunately they kittens only went as far as pooping in the engine bay and nothing was scratched. It had turned into a routine to open the hood and pick out the panicking kitties out of the car before every drive.

I had tried luring the cats out by getting a dead rat near the car, maybe you could try the reverse approach

As for the rat, check your surroundings for any burrows or any garbage lying around. That's their breeding ground. Also make sure your car is clean. Smell of leftovers is a party invite for them.

Put some naphthalene/ moth balls around where you park the car. It will atleast help keep other critters at bay.
Old 11th August 2016, 19:35   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhaari View Post
Has anyone faced such a problem? Will it be covered in warranty, any thoughts?
I think couple of members went through similar problem and their claim was covered under warranty. Suggest you to go through couple of initial pages and check with the dealer. I am sure it would be taken care of, as I remember they changed the entire assembly in the previous case too. Keep us posted on the developments.
Old 11th August 2016, 19:42   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
My advice is to stick to the mineral oil for this service. You can change to Synthetic oil at your next service.
I was talking to one of my friends who works with one of the renowned oil companies. He suggested against use of mineral oils completely. He suggested that at-least use semi synthetic if you are cost oriented and if that is not a concern, go for full-synthetic. Semi-synthetic quality depends on the mixing percentage of mineral vs synthetic oil.

For my car, I have been using full-synthetic from around 8k Kms after giving engine enough time to break-in and settle. And I did try going back to the semi-synthetic but joy of driving really goes down a bit as the engine revving feels a bit restrictive and you can feel the harshness. So I guess till the time I am really not constricted by the budget, I would use full-synthetic for the engine.

Request to Mods: Noticed only after posting back-to-back posts. See no option to delete. Request you to kindly merge them.

Last edited by Rahul_ : 11th August 2016 at 19:45.
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 12:42   #1798
Distinguished - BHPian

How "H-A-W-T" does this customised Elite i20 look?!

Quote:
The show car is finished in a glossy black exterior color option with matching after market alloy wheels, and aerodynamic body kit with contrast accents (the chin gets red accent). It also gets a rear spoiler and daytime running light strips integrated into the front fog lamp enclosures.
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundaii20sport2016giiasindonesia1.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundaii20sport2016giiasindonesia2.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundaii20sport2016giiasindonesia3.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundaii20sport2016giiasindonesia5.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundaii20sport2016giiasindonesia10.jpg

Revealed at the ongoing GIIAS Auto Show in Indonesia, their version of the Elite i20 is a CBU imported from India, equipped with a 1.4L, 100PS petrol engine mated to 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic gearboxes.

RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 13:48   #1799

Hi all, can anyone say, where to get Elite i20, fog light, H27 in Bangalore? The stock bulb is useless I feel. Any suggestions?
Old 12th August 2016, 14:47   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
How "H-A-W-T" does this customised Elite i20 look?!

Revealed at the ongoing GIIAS Auto Show in Indonesia, their version of the Elite i20 is a CBU imported from India, equipped with a 1.4L, 100PS petrol engine mated to 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic gearboxes.
I think you meant 6 Speed Manual

Surprised to see subtle changes in the dashboard, AC controls and the steering controls. No USB as well

The exterior looks lovely tho!
udainxs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks