Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2016, 15:09   #1801
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag08 View Post
can anyone tell me what is Map version after the update.

My map ver is:PIO.IND.HMC.150729.77314(N)
Navi App ver:IB.IN.PRO.2015.07.13

Request people who have already updated to reply.
Here you go...
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1639.jpg
iamswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 16:00   #1802
BANNED

I have a elite i20 petrol run about 12000 km.
I want to switch to premium fuel is it advisable to do that?
Old 13th August 2016, 16:30   #1803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Using the petrol having the octane value suggested in the user's manual and getting this petrol from a reputed bunk shall be sufficient.

IMO, for a car that has run just 12000 km, additives present in the premium fuels hardly present any benefit, if at all.

To complement the correct octane value and a reliable fuel bunk, make sure you change the engine oil, air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs at correct intervals. This will keep the engine smooth and retain it's performance.
Old 13th August 2016, 17:08   #1804

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Finally replaced all T10s of my elite to LEDs and the park T10 to osram LEDs.
How many T10s are really required and where its being used for Elite i20 Asta?

Last edited by manson : 24th September 2016 at 02:11. Reason: Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 13th August 2016, 17:24   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Only noticeable benefit you'll find is that the car will run a bit smoother after filling up high octane fuel. The FE and Power figures are almost same.

Last edited by manson : 24th September 2016 at 02:12. Reason: Deleted blank row.
Old 13th August 2016, 19:32   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
How "H-A-W-T" does this customised Elite i20 look?!
Exterior is superb and what nice wheels! However the interior centre console flow looks old and plasticky.
Old 17th August 2016, 15:33   #1807
BANNED

Did the second free servicing of our Elite i20 (Petrol) car yesterday. The Kothari Hyundai in Kharadi Pune is good as found the service are service engineers are well behave and showing patience to the customers with their problem. Only Oil is changed (they used only Servo oil) and clean the filters. Bill was around 1200/- only.

Did not opt for wheel balancing as the running was way less than the 10K kilometer. My car has only done 6000 kms fo in two years and I was wondering if any one can suggest how soon wheel balancing is required.

The Led was scratched on the left wing mirror of the car, as per then the LED strip need to replace and it will cost around 2200/-. Also one of the window switch was not working from the back seat, which will be cover under warranty but they don't have the spare part as its not a regular part they use as told by the service manager. They asked me to wait 3 days to get those spare parts from Hyundai.

Last edited by manson : 24th September 2016 at 02:16. Reason: Correcred typos.
Old 17th August 2016, 16:27   #1808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvo_Petrolhead View Post
Did not opt for wheel balancing as the running was way less than the 10K kilometer. My car has only done 6000 kms fo in two years and I was wondering if any one can suggest how soon wheel balancing is required.
That depends on how you drive the vehicle. If the roads are too bad you may have to do the wheel alignment for every 5k kilometers. Normally if you are changing tyres you have to check. For our Indian conditions and if you are driving on good roads, once in every 10k is more than sufficient unless until you change tyres are uneven roads or rash driving by applying brakes more often.

Last edited by manson : 24th September 2016 at 02:18. Reason: Added quote.
Old 18th August 2016, 01:21   #1809
BHPian

Hello All,
I have an i20 Asta diesel. I am hearing a 'kat kat' sound when turning the steering wheel when the car is stationary. I have been observing this for about a month. This doesn't happen every time I drive but keeps popping up now and then . Anything I should be worried about?

Any inputs will be appreciated.
Old 19th August 2016, 11:17   #1810
BHPian

Hi All,

My elite i20 CRDI sports(O) has completed 36000 km and the tires are almost worn out. (Goodyear Assurance 195/55 R16). My estimate is that the threads have about 3+ mm more to wear out before they wear out completely. while doing the alignment, showroom guys told that it will last for about 10k more maximum and has advised to get them changed along with the 40k service. My concerns are below:

1) The spare Tire has never been used, and is of the same size. Instead of getting 4 new tires, can I get 3 new tires of the same brand and use the spare as the 4th tire? The tire will be about 26-28 months old by then. Is it safe to use the spare along with new tires?

2) What are my other options (Other tire brands / options). I dont want to upsize. I have good usage (10k km in 6 months), and live in Kerala where it rains frequently. So wet grip is important.
Old 19th August 2016, 13:27   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
1) The spare Tire has never been used, and is of the same size. Instead of getting 4 new tires, can I get 3 new tires of the same brand and use the spare as the 4th tire? The tire will be about 26-28 months old by then. Is it safe to use the spare along with new tires?
Yes, you can use the spare tire along with the 3 new tires and there is no problem in that. Check the spare thoroughly before using. If you use the spare tire, what tire will you keep in the place of the spare?

Quote:
2) What are my other options (Other tire brands / options). I dont want to upsize. I have good usage (10k km in 6 months), and live in Kerala where it rains frequently. So wet grip is important.
Goodyear Assurance has crappy wet grip and I would suggest you to look into Michelin PP2s' or Continental Max contact MC5s'. I had Yokohama S-drives in my i20 and they offer phenomenal grip but compromises on tire life.

Cheers

Prasanth
Old 19th August 2016, 14:00   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
If you use the spare tire, what tire will you keep in the place of the spare?
Thanks prasanth.
I am planning to keep one of the old tyres as the spare, one without any punctures yet and got a little more life in them. I feel that the spare tyre will be used only to get the car to the nearest tyre shop to repair a tyre.
Old 19th August 2016, 19:45   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks prasanth.
I am planning to keep one of the old tyres as the spare, one without any punctures yet and got a little more life in them. I feel that the spare tyre will be used only to get the car to the nearest tyre shop to repair a tyre.
Yeah but you cannot change to other brands if you intend to use your spare tire. It is not advisable to drive on different tire pattern. AFAIK it will have adverse effects on grip.

As you are specific about the wet grip level, I would not recommend you to use different brand tires on the same car.

If you are not satisfied with the Goodyears then I would suggest you to keep the spare as it is and go for 2 pairs of better tires. Don't sacrifice grip levels for the cost of another tire.

And have you ever used the spare tire?

cheers

Prasanth
Old 20th August 2016, 12:02   #1814

My petrol Asta is just 9 months old. Thanks to the rat menace in our apartment, I had my first running repair completed last week.

I commute to office by car everyday. I just left it idle for a week when I had to visit my hometown and this happened. When I returned, I started experiencing delayed start, mild rattling noise near the rear exhaust area while driving (like the sound of an underdeveloped auto rickshaw) and fuel smell after alighting from the car. The check engine warning came up the next day and that is when I decided to visit Hyundai.

The following items were found to be rat bitten and replaced. These are my damages.
  1. Hose - Canister to tank (₹163.80)
  2. Hose - Vapor (₹163.80)
  3. Tube - Fuel vapor (₹863.60)
  4. Tube - Fuel feed (₹1405.30)
  5. Labour - Canister & Vapor hose (₹485.00)
  6. Labour - Fuel vapor tube (₹727.50)
  7. Labour - Fuel feed tube (₹727.50)
Total damage taken inclusive of all taxes - ₹5204/-

The service advisor suggested to tie few tobacco pouches/leaves in the engine bay without disturbing any tubes or cables. I searched a bit and found that this method did not help many. He also suggested to park the car in alternate directions everyday.

Can someone suggest any proven methods to keep the rats away? I am doing my research as well but I thought I'll ask you guys too. Thank you.
Old 20th August 2016, 13:33   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

My elite i20 CRDI sports(O) has completed 36000 km and the tires are almost worn out.
Wouldnt recommend using the spare as the 4th tyre, since (i) the tyre is pretty old and unused (ii) different tyre patterns / brands can affect grip. You are better off keeping the spare as it is, and going in for new set of 4 tyres. You can check out Bridgestones or Yokos in the sizes you require, both are reliable brands and value for money too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks