Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 21:13   #1051
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Got the delivery of my Celebration Edition last evening. Been only a day of driving around the city and it does attract a lot of attention due to its unique color combination. Couple of pics below of my newest acquisition
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_7976.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_8029.jpg  

ZinFluent is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 13:18   #1052

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post
Got the delivery of my Celebration Edition last evening. Been only a day of driving around the city and it does attract a lot of attention due to its unique color combination. Couple of pics below of my newest acquisition
Congrats Zinfluent. The machine looks very sporty with those decals. Happy miles.

Is it a common practice for carmakers to introduce limited editions with their lower trims? As in Sportz instead of Asta.
I was waiting for the LE to be launched in Asta with few more features (Guess I am as king for a lot with all the bells and whistles already in place :P).

P.S: I somehow fell in love with the 16" diamond cut alloys on the normal I20 and I like it better than the ones on the Active and the LE I20. Anyone else?
Old 16th September 2015, 13:54   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltsr View Post
P.S: I somehow fell in love with the 16" diamond cut alloys on the normal I20 and I like it better than the ones on the Active and the LE I20. Anyone else?
Yeah yeah, normal ones looks better. Also, It would have been better if they havent masked all those pillars with matte black wrapons.
Also it would have been much better if they provided projector headlamps with the special edition. I know many people who purchased the active just for the projectors alone

Last edited by vishnurajanme : 16th September 2015 at 13:55. Reason: update
Old 16th September 2015, 14:09   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltsr View Post
Congrats Zinfluent. The machine looks very sporty with those decals. Happy miles.

Is it a common practice for carmakers to introduce limited editions with their lower trims? As in Sportz instead of Asta.
I was waiting for the LE to be launched in Asta with few more features (Guess I am as king for a lot with all the bells and whistles already in place :P).

Thanks Cooltsr

It does seem to be a very common practice by Maruti, Hyundai and even Honda to some extent. One reason for not introducing LE on top variant could be the price factor as the extra premium will push top of the line pricing even higher and may not find many takers.

You can perhaps consider the recently launched Asta(O) variant with touchscreen AVN system as that variant has almost all the creature comforts one may need in a car. Besides you also get the alloys of your choice with it.

Custom decals and black roof can be easily done outside if you are fond of the looks of LE variant.

Happy Hunting
ZinFluent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 15:56   #1055
BHPian

Can anyone help me with changing the foglamp bulbs in my elite? I already changed the headlight bulbs and the positions bulbs. Bought cree led H27 Foglamp Bulbs, But dont know how to reach behind the foglamps to change it. Our elite has a plastic piece below the engine area which dilutes with the bumper. Should I dismandle that piece to reach the foglamp socket? Please advice.
Old 21st September 2015, 14:12   #1056
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I would appreciate feedback from the Elite I20 Petrol owners whether the FE of 13.3 in city is correct and whether the existing power is good enough for regular city and occasional highway driving.
Hi, I own an elite i20 Asta Petrol. The car has run about 7500+ kms in 7 months now.

With regards to your mileage query, I usually get anywhere between 11-13 kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic with AC running always. I have my tires running on Nitrogen at 33 psi. On the highways I have gotten above 14 kmpl, depending on how much I was pushing the car. Again, the AC is always running.

With regards to your query on engine performance, I would say the engine is very good for city driving. I have driven about 2000 kms on the highways in this car, my personal opinion is the engine performance is adequate. It certainly does not have the same pulling capacity as a diesel engine. Overtaking on a four lane NH would not be an issue, however on a narrow 2 lane SH, you certainly need to downshift from 5th to 4th or even lower, so that you get the power delivered when you are about to overtake.

Hope this gives you a clear picture.

Drive safe. Cheers!
dvv
dvv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 09:46   #1057

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Congratulations!

You must be the first Bhp-ian who has booked the i20 with the touch screen AVN.

Please do post a review of the AVN when you get your car, along with the ownership thread.

Wish you many happy & trouble free miles with your new i20.
No! Mine was delivered on 4th September. So that makes me the first. I had put that on "I booked" thread. Maybe got delayed to get posted due to the screening process.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd September 2015 at 10:39. Reason: Please keep sarcasm off the forum! There's a reason we have that policy in place. Thank you!
Old 24th September 2015, 17:35   #1058
BHPian

Will be receiving the Stardust Asta (O) Petrol hopefully over the weekend once registration formalities are complete. Just back from the PDI today. All thanks to Team-BHP. Attaching a few pics for reference.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-ahwsr5dvbsrxyodydpgq8q71ym3wg43ivacao3ifsqku.jpg
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-auvfxaoti4gunnlhwqqwznyv2gjfmgfx5hiwjf61hkvv.jpg
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-auwoqmtpyx7gqpevh0t2odg2yea50inddssuqp4ty6q.jpg

Didn't get Bridgestone but GoodYear Assurance seems good enough initially. VIN shows manufacture as Sept 2015(lucky ).
Had been to 3M Viman Nagar yesterday & the paint protection, anti rust and engine coat was provided for ~8K. 3M in Kothari Hyundai is doing the same for 7K. Worries doubts still remain whether i should go in for any paint protection other than the PPF. Team-BHP has been critical of the teflon material.
AveekKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 08:09   #1059
Senior - BHPian

My friend's Asta. The wrap was done at 3M and cost little over 11k. Its gloss black and even the C pillar and ORVM is covered.

I was skeptical and told him to do the roof alone, but it has come out well. Looks pretty good. The lines on the i20 compliment it very well.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20150925_174052983_hdr.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img20150919wa0003.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img20150919wa0009.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img20150919wa0012.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img20150919wa0010.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img20150924wa0017.jpg

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img20150924wa0022.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
BTW, how much time did it take them to complete the job and is there a need to endorse the same in the RC Book by the owner after the wrap was done?
It took one whole day and the finish is perfect. Yes, endorsing in the RC can be done and will make the modification legal.

3M got one real artist here! The same bloke had done a small vinyl wrap for our Swift' rear bumper and it was good work too. He can draw a perfect straight line with a blade, should have been a surgeon.

Last edited by deetjohn : 26th September 2015 at 08:28. Reason: Adding pic.
deetjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 08:17   #1060
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
My friend's Asta. The wrap was done at 3M and cost little over 11k. Its gloss black and even the C pillar is covered.
Looks fantastic and the contrast is highlighted further by the red-black combo.

It would have been good if the door handles were blackened. The chrome ones look cheesy IMO.

BTW, how much time did it take them to complete the job and is there a need to endorse the same in the RC Book by the owner after the wrap was done?
Old 26th September 2015, 22:12   #1061
BHPian

Guys,

My i20 (CRDI) is due for it's 1st service (1200 kms). Should I insist on changing the engine oil or stick to manufacturer's schedule ? Please advise.
Old 27th September 2015, 00:10   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupams View Post
Guys,

My i20 (CRDI) is due for it's 1st service (1200 kms). Should I insist on changing the engine oil or stick to manufacturer's schedule ? Please advise.
Hi Anupam,

I would say stick to the schedule, though I would say do check for the standing dirt on the air filter.

Regards.
Bubby
Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 00:29   #1063
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupams View Post
Guys,

Hyundai Service guys won't agree to change but if I am in your place, I'll change the Oil filter and Engine oil as the run-in will have metal filings etc deposited in the oil.

If your tight on budget then change the oil filter on priority.
Old 27th September 2015, 19:19   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hyundai Service guys won't agree to change but if I am in your place, I'll change the Oil filter and Engine oil as the run-in will have metal filings etc deposited in the oil.
So why does Hyundai not insist on this? Even i shall go in for the change when my service is due. Just for old times sake & peace of mind. Perhaps its got to do with new technology. Remember, Hyundai also does not specify any run in period of your car. They just mention "for best results" do x,y,z...
Also, they do not recommend idling your car. From the manual "Do not wait for the engine to warm up while the vehicle remains stationary".

Quite a few pointers against the rule-book.

Also, existing owners, have you been able to shift through songs which are being streamed via Bluetooth media using the steering mounted controls(seek buttons beside the volume up/down)? It allows me to shift if the songs are part of the same artist/album. Doesn't allow a next next next option.

Last edited by AveekKumar : 27th September 2015 at 19:21. Reason: Additional points
Old 27th September 2015, 19:35   #1065
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Will be receiving the Stardust Asta (O) Petrol hopefully over the weekend once registration formalities are complete. Just back from the PDI today. All thanks to Team-BHP. Attaching a few pics for reference.

Had been to 3M Viman Nagar yesterday & the paint protection, anti rust and engine coat was provided for ~8K. 3M in Kothari Hyundai is doing the same for 7K. Worries doubts still remain whether i should go in for any paint protection other than the PPF. Team-BHP has been critical of the teflon material.

Congratulation Aveek on your acquisition . Your Picture says that your dealer in Kothari Hyundai Kharadi. Stardust color is look stunning on Elite I20 along with Red one. My I20 is from Same dealer too.
How was you experience with Kothari Hyundai. You should get the delivery by now, expecting an Initial ownership from you soon.

I have done the Paint protection and Under body Treatment from 3M Viman Nagar too last year. Also Opted PPF film for the Front and Rare bumper too. But it was too costly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks