Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 11:16   #1021

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hello everyone.I have just booked an Elite I20 Asta(0)-Red Passion.Pretty excited.The AVN system looks really neat,but I felt the touch was not all that sensitive,especially while checking the map.But overall an amazing car with amazing features.Cant wait to get my hands on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-wp_20150904_11_28_24_pro.jpg  

sharath92 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 13:14   #1022
BANNED

Congratulations on your booking. That red is a lovely color. I've had various Hyundai's and Maruti's at different times. In fact there is an i20 and my brothers swift parked outside. Both have covered 90k km. Both are serviced regularly at company centers.

But you know the difference? The i20 still looks in showroom condition if you ignore the normal scratches on the body work. The interior plastic looks new. And more importantly the car feels as "tight" as when new. No rattles or squeaks and every single bulb and accessory works.

The swift looks similar outside. But one drive will convince you its been to Iraq and come back. Maruti can surely do something about how its vehicles age in terms of plastics, beadings and body panels. It's hard to define. The interior looks old and faded. Stitchings on seats occasionally pop.

Umm..that said, hypothetically if my brother had borrowed my OHC, and if I have to make a quick visit to my village which is about 15 pothole riddled km off the highway to say, get a bag of boiled rice or a gunny bag of coconuts or explore the twisting Ooty ghats I'd take the swift.
hangover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 13:41   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath92 View Post
Hello everyone.I have just booked an Elite I20 Asta(0)-Red Passion...The AVN system looks really neat,but I felt the touch was not all that sensitive,especially while checking the map...
Congratulations!

You must be the first Bhp-ian who has booked the i20 with the touch screen AVN.

Please do post a review of the AVN when you get your car, along with the ownership thread.

Wish you many happy & trouble free miles with your new i20.
Old 8th September 2015, 13:44   #1024
BANNED

Congratulation Sarath. Elite I20 looks best in Red passion color. Even I have the same one but purchased in last year.
I feel the same that Interior quality is way better than any other car in its segment (only Polo's interior is close to it).

Does the AVN touch is smooth to operate? I checked the AVN in New Jazz one of my colleague in office and found that it’s actually an average quality.
Old 8th September 2015, 15:02   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone.I have just booked an Elite I20 Asta(0)-Red Passion.Pretty excited.The AVN system looks really neat,but I felt the touch was not all that sensitive,especially while checking the map.But overall an amazing car with amazing features.Cant wait to get my hands on it.
Congratulations sharath. That is one awesome buy. Cherish it for years to come.
Is it VTVT/CRDi?
Do you have any issues with the new IRVM? Hows the day night toggle efficiency & view?
Old 9th September 2015, 11:56   #1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
Congratulations on your booking.
Thanks Hangover!
I did a pretty long test drive and the car was really smooth.I don't think there is any other car in the segment that can beat it in features and quality.One of the best looking cars ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Congratulations!
Thanks Sourav!
Yes I would surely post a detailed review of the AVN once I get the car.The sales guy has told me it would take around 30 days for delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvo_Petrolhead View Post
Congratulation Sarath.

Does the AVN touch is smooth to operate? I checked the AVN in New Jazz one of my colleague in office and found that it’s actually an average quality.
Thanks Suvo!
Yes it looks like a mini Evoque in red.
Well i felt the AVN was just average.Its not all that smooth to use but its fine.I felt it was really laggy when using the maps.But the reverse camera looks really good on the AVN.Overall i felt it was pretty much good for a hatchback in this segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Congratulations sharath. That is one awesome buy. Cherish it for years to come.
Is it VTVT/CRDi?
Do you have any issues with the new IRVM? Hows the day night toggle efficiency & view?
Thanks Aveek!
Yes I would.Its like a dream come true.I have been following this thread from the beginning and was just waiting for the right time to get one for myself.Beautiful car and hopefully will be there with me forever.

I have booked the petrol version(VTVT).I actually asked the sales guys about the IRVM and he said they have remove the electrochromic (ECM) mirror from the Asta(0) because of the new AVN system.But i dont understand what the AVN has to do with the mirror.
Anyways a pretty bad move from Hyundai.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th November 2015 at 20:05. Reason: Reducing bulk of quoted content = inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
sharath92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 13:09   #1027

Also had a doubt guys.Might sound stupid but iam pretty confused.
So I was planning to get the Insurance done from outside as they are charging a lot in the showroom.But when I called up ICICI Lombard and Bajaj Allianz they did not have an option for the Asta(O) and only had till Asta.They have the Asta(O) only for the previous gen I20 and not the Elite.
So any clue as in what to do?If I just go with the Asta versions insurane would that be an issue later?Iam pretty much confused as in what to do now.Please advice.
Old 9th September 2015, 13:52   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked the petrol version(VTVT).I actually asked the sales guys about the IRVM and he said they have remove the electrochromic (ECM) mirror from the Asta(0) because of the new AVN system.But i dont understand what the AVN has to do with the mirror.
Congrats on your new ride!! The previous variant had the reverse camera display integrated as part of ECM. Now since the reverse camera uses the AVN display, the ECM has been downgraded to a simple day/night mirror.
Old 9th September 2015, 13:52   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Well will look forward to your drive experience as Team-BHP needs a VTVT Elite review. Might be another first for you
Old 9th September 2015, 14:00   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
So I was planning to get the Insurance done from outside as they are charging a lot in the showroom.But when I called up ICICI Lombard and Bajaj Allianz they did not have an option for the Asta(O) and only had till Asta.They have the Asta(O) only for the previous gen I20 and not the Elite.
So any clue as in what to do?If I just go with the Asta versions insurane would that be an issue later?Iam pretty much confused as in what to do now.Please advice.
You can check HDFC Ergo and their website. They have the Elite i20 Asta (O) variant with the ex-showroom price updated and they have a competitive price quote. I was in the same situation for my Asta (O) booking with a dealer in Bangalore. Alternatively, with the other insurers you can try and increase your ex-showroom value to match the value of the Asta (O).
Old 9th September 2015, 14:36   #1031
BHPian

What is the difference between an ECM and a day & night mirror?

They both serve the same purpose no?
Old 9th September 2015, 14:57   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post

Yes. But the day and night mirror usually has a manual toggle switch whereas the ECM adjusts automatically if on.
praveen789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 15:06   #1033
BANNED

Quote:

The insurance companies can give you a quotation withe the showroom value, Engine no and chassis no only. Lat year when I bought faced the similar issue but finally opted with Bharti Axa with the Ex showroom price and and Engine no and chassis no. And they can update the Car detail on the insurance document with the correct car model.
Old 9th September 2015, 15:09   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
HDFC Ergo, Royal Sundaram and Bharti Axa all have Asta(O) updated on their website, try Bharti Axa they have some discount going on and are offering insurance for around Rs. 21,000 including Zero Dep here in Mumbai , HDFC Ergo is around Rs.23,000.

Also, Hyundai has a tie up with a few insurance companies and calls it the Hyundai Assurance Program, I am attaching a few files that my dealer sent me to try and convince me to take insurance at the price they quoted. They even told me it's a crime to buy insurance from outside.

I have not gone through the details or the compared the benefits but it might be useful for people who have bought insurance from the dealer at the price quoted.

I have negotiated with the dealer to match the quote I get from outside and I am not sure whether my Insurance policy shall be a part of the Hyundai Assurance thing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Example.pdf (952.4 KB, 520 views)
File Type: pdf Parts_Categorization.pdf (553.2 KB, 712 views)
File Type: pdf PPT (1).pdf (477.1 KB, 8966 views)
File Type: pdf Benefits_Hyundai_Assurance_Circular.pdf (885.5 KB, 467 views)
Old 9th September 2015, 15:33   #1035
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post

Both are same, but the ECM is auto dimming based on light sensor mounted on the IRVM unit when when senses glare darkens the glass which dims the light.

In the regular D/N mirror one will have to manually change modes.

ECM could cost around 5K whereas the D/N mirror would be 1000 maximum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks