Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 11:49   #886
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
Hey folks, any way to store the phone contacts in the car's internal memory.
Please goto the phone settings and disable the "contacts auto download"
option. This will prevent contacts from being downloaded every time you connect your phone. But be sure to sync contacts manually once in a while to get the new contacts in your phone.
ps_abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 12:06   #887
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagato710 View Post
If anybody else have any ideas, please help me turn off the sound. In the other car, I have an after market remote central locking system installed. There was a beeping sound in that system too. The mechanic unplugged a cable the sound is off now. Can a similar thing be done to the i20 magna?
So Hyundai have added an audible confirmation feature to the remote locking system on the new i20! This seems to make use of the horn, instead of having a separate buzzer.

The previous generation i20 did not have the audible confirmation feature. Only the indicators blink - once while locking, twice while unlocking.

On cars with the audible feedback for central locking, there should be a way to disable the audible confirmation - either temporarily when required, or permanently.

Did you check the owner's manual for this? If it's not there in the owner's manual, then please give me some time, I'll try to search for a solution.

By the way, your location says Thimpu, Bhutan. It's nice to have a member from the Land of the Thunder Dragon. A hearty welcome to Team-BHP!

Last edited by RSR : 16th July 2015 at 12:09.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 12:18   #888

Thanks batterylow and RavenAvi for your valuable inputs. I would be going for the skin fit PU leather Autoform seat covers from a local accessory shop, not from the dealer. Would be looking for a combination of beige and black. I think it would go well with the red color. Suggestions welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Get a matching steering-wheel cover for the set as well
No need for the steering wheel cover as the Asta already comes with leather wrapped steering wheel.

Regarding the scuff plates, now I'm a little skeptical about the LED ones so planning to go for the non-led types. Also planning to update the horns at a later stage as the stock ones are not so bad!!
abhi_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 17:29   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I simply don't understand some of the strategies by leading auto players in India, especially Hyundai. Why give a feature an exclusivity when you will eventually skimp it out.

I mean, for starters:

- Getz Prime (GLS & GLX) came along with Driver Armrest, which only came about in 3rd iteration of its next gen avatar (I20).

- Getz Prime offered a light in the glove box, which is not been seen on any of the Hyundai cars since.

- I20 (up until I-Gen) was the only hatch below 25lks that offered Rear Disc breaks and now its a thing of past even on Verna!!
And now, Hyundai will still charge the same as before but will not offer anything close to what they did on earlier versions ??

I think the main culprit here is Hyundai trying to go Tata way (before Zest & Bolt), where you have so many variants to offer that you scare the customer right out of the showroom.

Hyundai must really follow Suzuki/VW/Skoda/Ford who offer either 3 or max 4 variants across models. Take one simple advise:

Keep it Simple and Stupid.

I think this is Hyundai relaxing it's guard post the Jazz scare. There is nothing it fears now till the Suzuki twins come out.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 17:53   #890
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I think this is Hyundai relaxing it's guard post the Jazz scare. There is nothing it fears now till the Suzuki twins come out.
I don't think it has anything to do with Jazz launch. They had announced it way back in April itself. Please see the quoted post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewExperience View Post
Official communication on features change in Elite i20. Clearly I was one among the most affected(Sports variant).

Also note their second point "no change in the prices". Although around 10th of April, the dealer informed me about the rise in price of all variants.

Source Hyundai dealer -Erode
Hope it helps everyone.
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 18:05   #891
BHPian

Hyundai is just going down. It is just maximizing profits nothing else. They should have up the ante with jazz being into the foray. But they are just messing with their own image of premium vehicle makers.
Old 16th July 2015, 21:31   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
"A" as 19th digit in a Hyundai represents the January month.
Thanks much! Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
Please goto the phone settings and disable the "contacts auto download"
option. This will prevent contacts from being downloaded every time you connect your phone.
Thanks but on the car the auto-download of contacts was off already. Problem is that only recent call history is shown from the steering call button. I can see all contacts from the phone settings on HUD. When i press call button on the steering i get a prompt to download call history but cannot go to entire contacts. Anybody else get the full list?
Old 17th July 2015, 12:04   #893
BHPian

In a bizarre move by Hyundai they have taken out many of the features in a refreshed model and restructured their model classifications. When was the last time we found features being removed from the same generation of the same car? In Grand i10 we saw a couple of additions in the sports trim. But this is something unexpected for Elite i20.

Read the detailed report here from Autocar India:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nt-396303.aspx
g_saunak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:45   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_saunak View Post

In a bizarre move by Hyundai they have taken out many of the features in a refreshed model and restructured their model classifications.
Hey g_saunak, you are a bit late to this carnage buddy.

This is being discussed extensively on a different thread

Link
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 16:30   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97octane View Post
Ahoy folks,

I see that there are a lot of people in a similar conundrum about the new infotainment system on Elite i20 as me. Booked the Passion red Asta (Petrol) on 4th July with 51k token. My loan was approved in a couple of days and I've just kept Pramukh Hyundai (Prabhadevi) on hold till now.

Given the hype on all websites about the magical date of 8th July, I thought it'll be better to stay ready with approved loan on the 8th and get ahed on the waiting list (already 35/40 days).

I don't mind waiting, but

Any insider news? Creta has the new 5" display and they've just added a 4.3" to Elantra.

Thanks Nadim! Yeah but I thought its better to wait up a lil.

Any word on this guys? Have kept those guys on hold but I'm really getting bored.

Or any other suggestions?
Old 24th July 2015, 00:03   #896
BHPian

Hi fellas,

Just to freshen up the flow here, I would like post an awesome picture that I took of my elite i20 in the rains. Yes, the roof is done black (glass finish). Pretty good job I must say for 2200/- odd bucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-elite-i20-black.jpg  

Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 07:41   #897
BHPian

She looks cool. Is it glossy black or metallic black paint? For glossy black, my service center is offering it for just Rs. 1000. Did you do the painting in the matte black rear pillars too? It would have been nice.
Old 24th July 2015, 09:23   #898
BHPian

After Jazz AT disappointed me I am checking auto news regularly to check if Hyundai has any plans for i20 AT. Just spent some time on Hyundai South Africa portal to check AT specs which sells India manufactured i20s. Will have to wait and see if Hyundai India sells the same 4 speed AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97octane View Post
Any word on this guys? Have kept those guys on hold but I'm really getting bored.
Or any other suggestions?
I would seriously suggest you to wait little longer. Rumors of touchscreen-AVN system is going around for months now, if not in August it would surely be out during festive season around October. Who knows, Hyundai might float another Elite i20 variant with all the deleted features + new NAV system

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th July 2015 at 10:36. Reason: Typo.
Old 24th July 2015, 11:08   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
She looks cool. Is it glossy black or metallic black paint? For glossy black, my service center is offering it for just Rs. 1000. Did you do the painting in the matte black rear pillars too? It would have been nice.
Hey,
Didn't paint it. Got gloss black vinyl pasted on the roof. And, Yes! Applied the same on rear c-pillars too. It looks superb, exactly like the i20s sold in international markets.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 13:09   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Pretty good job I must say for 2200/- odd bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
And, Yes! Applied the same on rear c-pillars too. It looks superb, exactly like the i20s sold in international markets.
The car looks awesome and for 2200/- the quality of the job looks fantastic. I checked with 3M for a similar work and they gave me an estimate of 10k.

Can you please also post a couple of pictures of C-Pillar with these vinyls.
Bubby is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks