Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 23:02   #136
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Vijayk: Did not search for seat covers. Though i want to put one, i cannot decide between leather vs fabric cover. What do you have in mind?
Same dilemma in choosing between leather and fabric seat covers. If I see some options, I may decide. But I feel the leather will do justice to this car and interior. Let me know if you have any plan to go for shopping this weekend. I may join.

Last edited by vijayk : 11th September 2014 at 23:03.
Old 12th September 2014, 11:08   #137
BHPian

Has anybody booked the elite i20 in delhi? I have booked the sportz model with Koncept Hyundai, Green Park on 11th. They have promised to deliver the car before diwali.

Also they have agreed for insurance from outside but are not ready to drop the infamous handling charges. I have told them to give it to me in writing that handling charges are mandatory.

Whats the waiting in other parts of the country?
Old 12th September 2014, 12:23   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Has anybody booked the elite i20 in delhi? I have booked the sportz model with Koncept Hyundai, Green Park on 11th. They have promised to deliver the car before diwali

Whats the waiting in other parts of the country?
In Mumbai too it's around 4-8 weeks waiting. All bookings now will be delivered by Diwali.
eleven77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 14:14   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Same dilemma in choosing between leather and fabric seat covers. If I see some options, I may decide. But I feel the leather will do justice to this car and interior. Let me know if you have any plan to go for shopping this weekend. I may join.
I have planned to visit Jeewajee Set Covers in chennai to do the leather seats tomorrow. Looks like they have other branch in Chamiers Road (Nandanam) which is very close to me. Will order the seats tomorrow and have to wait 3-4 days to get it fitted in the car.
Old 12th September 2014, 14:16   #140
BHPian

Has anyone felt the vibration on the driver door when you increase the audio volume with default bass settings? Its really annoying when you lean your leg on the door.
Old 12th September 2014, 15:24   #141
BHPian

Ssengo, I do and I have reduced bass because of this.

Ssengo, vijayk: I will be free tomorrow evening. What time are you guys planning a visit?
Old 12th September 2014, 15:38   #142
BHPian

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Got the first service done yesterday, this morning I received a call from my dealer, he stated that there has been a recall for all Elite i20's.

Hyundai has sent a circular to all the dealers today, to check for the some particular wire harnesses, underbody inspection, engine bay check. Not sure whats going on, I am already at the dealer to get the same done.

Anyone else received any such call?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Bubby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 19:15   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Got the first service done yesterday, this morning I received a call from my dealer, he stated that there has been a recall for all Elite i20's.

Hyundai has sent a circular to all the dealers today, to check for the some particular wire harnesses, underbody inspection, engine bay check. Not sure whats going on, I am already at the dealer to get the same done.

Anyone else received any such call?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Please give more details about the said recall once your car is done. I plan to book the Elite i20 by next weekend. Would be anxious to know what this recall is exactly about.

Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 21:53   #144
BHPian

Have not received any calls till now!

Please keep us posted. I will also contact Hyundai Motor Plaza, Chennao
Old 13th September 2014, 00:35   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
Please give more details about the said recall once your car is done. I plan to book the Elite i20 by next weekend. Would be anxious to know what this recall is exactly about.

Thanks
Quote:
Have not received any calls till now!

Please keep us posted. I will also contact Hyundai Motor Plaza, Chennao
They took out the glove box cover and then removed the ECM, then they adjusted the harness, opened couple of screws from underneath and then they fixed everything back. I wasn't allowed to be near the car so not sure what all they did. I pressurized the mechanic to figure out what he actually did, but he also said check-up only, however I have a strong feeling that they have replaced some part somewhere.

Then came a device called G-Scan, to scan all the electricals. My key codes got reset, the fob was dead, again I am not sure why, it came back to life with some struggle, the security code/PIN for my fobs have changed. Now only one key is functional, the spare fob is useless till the time I take it for a reset too.

I am an absolute novice here, so just not sure what happened and why. Experts please advice.

Note :::: post this I am finding the car to be more rev happy, in all I have completed 1750kms.

Last edited by Bubby : 13th September 2014 at 00:38.
Bubby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 07:26   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Ssengo, I do and I have reduced bass because of this.

Ssengo, vijayk: I will be free tomorrow evening. What time are you guys planning a visit?
Raghav, unfortunately my evening slot is booked and out of town. I'm planning to visit Jeewajee around 11am. Does it work for you?
Old 13th September 2014, 11:47   #147
BHPian

Oops no. I'm occupied till 2pm, please update about what you choose and the cost
Old 13th September 2014, 12:54   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Oops no. I'm occupied till 2pm, please update about what you choose and the cost
Had been to Jeewajee car care in chamiers road and met Mr.Muhammed for car seat covers. After few demo given by him, i finally went for Genos PU seat covers (Beige and StarDust Grey) which came to around 13k. Will post the pictures soon.
Old 13th September 2014, 17:04   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Had been to Jeewajee car care in chamiers road and met Mr.Muhammed for car seat covers. After few demo given by him, i finally went for Genos PU seat covers (Beige and StarDust Grey) which came to around 13k. Will post the pictures soon.
Is PU same as art leather? Did you ask about any genuine leather options?

And will these be fitted over the existing seat fabric?
Old 13th September 2014, 19:10   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Is PU same as art leather? Did you ask about any genuine leather options?

And will these be fitted over the existing seat fabric?
PU leather looks very close match to genuine leather and looks good. I was bit worried about the price of genuine leather.

Yes, it will be fitted over the existing seat.
ssengo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks