Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 13:38   #901
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hey,
Didn't paint it. Got gloss black vinyl pasted on the roof. And, Yes! Applied the same on rear c-pillars too. It looks superb, exactly like the i20s sold in international markets.
Bro, what type of vinyl is used? Is it temperature friendly? My friend had done a similar setup in his polo and now the vinyls have developed bubbles in it due to heat.
Old 24th July 2015, 15:51   #902
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagato710 View Post
Unless we use the key to open and lock the doors, we have to use the remote central locking which gives out this honking sound- embarrassing in quite places.
If anybody else have any ideas, please help me turn off the sound.
Nagato710, please try this step to temporarily disable the audible feedback, and let me know if it works:

Whenever you don't want the sound, press both the lock & unlock buttons on your remote simultaneously, and then immediately (i.e. within a few seconds) press either the lock or unlock button, as the situation may require.

While I'm not sure it will work on your i20, this procedure is a common method of disabling the audible feedback temporarily on some remote locking systems. If it works, you can use it in situations when the noise is unwanted or embarrassing.

If it doesn't work, we'll have to find some other method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97octane View Post
Any word on this guys? Have kept those guys on hold but I'm really getting bored.
I think this thread has the answer you were looking for:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3761429

Quote:
I would like post an awesome picture that I took of my elite i20 in the rains. Yes, the roof is done black (glass finish). Pretty good job I must say for 2200/- odd bucks.
It looks stunning!

This shade of red complements the glossy black superbly, and 2.2k sounds like a real value-for-money deal too!

Last edited by RSR : 24th July 2015 at 16:00.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 14:24   #903
BHPian

Elite i20 to get even more pricier.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-in...fected-1200415

I think, hyundai was silently watching all the threads in teambhp and by seeing so much happy customers, they went cloud 9 to loot the newbies
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 16:34   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Elite i20 to get even more pricier.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-in...fected-1200415

I think, hyundai was silently watching all the threads in teambhp and by seeing so much happy customers, they went cloud 9 to loot the newbies
To all those who are waiting for touchscreen and navigation system, please don't wait. The price increase that happened now and could have been avoided and the price increase for the asta or asto(O) variant with touchscreen is not justifiable. You could always very well fit a wonderful sony (high resolution) or Pioneer or JVC, 7" display DVD player and get a 6" tom tom or garmin navigation and still you would have lots of money left to decorate your i20.

regards
Rajesh
Old 25th July 2015, 18:40   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Hi fellas,

Just to freshen up the flow here, I would like post an awesome picture that I took of my elite i20 in the rains. Yes, the roof is done black (glass finish). Pretty good job I must say for 2200/- odd bucks.
Looks sleek! You froze the indicators too I'm only concerned about the black color, absorbs all wavelengths and heat in the sun too. Seeing a lot of Elites with white roofs here and lot of chrome.
Old 26th July 2015, 02:43   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Bro, what type of vinyl is used? Is it temperature friendly? My friend had done a similar setup in his polo and now the vinyls have developed bubbles in it due to heat.
It's some high quality vinyl that was available with the guys who'd usually do the number plates. I am told not to worry about it for at least 2 years. Let's see how it holds up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
Looks sleek! You froze the indicators too I'm only concerned about the black color, absorbs all wavelengths and heat in the sun too. Seeing a lot of Elites with white roofs here and lot of chrome.
I fell in love with the actual gloss finish that's provided on international i20. So, got it exactly executed; You can see that I left the sections between the roof and the pillars red. Good that I bought this car some 4 months back, Hyundai is on a looting spree right now!

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 26th July 2015 at 02:45.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 13:55   #907
BHPian

Hi,

Wondering what is the most appropriate tire pressure to be maintained for city driving, max 2 people in the car, is 32 in all wheels a bit on the lesser side?
Regards
Shailesh
Old 26th July 2015, 16:28   #908
BHPian

Quote:
It's some high quality vinyl that was available with the guys who'd usually do the number plates. I am told not to worry about it for at least 2 years. Let's see how it holds up....I fell in love with the actual gloss finish that's provided on international i20. So, got it exactly executed; You can see that I left the sections between the roof and the pillars red...!
Hey fellow i20 owner!

I'm thinking of getting something similar done on my white i20.

Would you mind posting a few more pictures of the roof & the C pillars?

Thanks & Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Wondering what is the most appropriate tire pressure to be maintained for city driving, max 2 people in the car, is 32 in all wheels a bit on the lesser side?
Regards
Shailesh
The tire pressure recommended is 33 PSI in all 4 tires.

Last edited by sourav9385 : 26th July 2015 at 16:29.
Old 26th July 2015, 22:49   #909
BHPian

I went to Himgiri Hyundai today to check out the Elite i20 diesel and I had a word with the accessory department incharge and he told me that the AVN touchscreen will be 45K and one can only get it installed during delivery of a new car not after that from the dealer.
Personally I think that it is too over priced and with the upcoming price increase the overall price of the car with this AVN unit will be too high for a hatch.
Old 30th July 2015, 10:51   #910
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai to launch Special (1st Anniversary) Edition Elite in August '15. Motorbeam has the report here.

One thing I really respect and admire the Koreans is that they really mean what they proclaim. I had a Limited Edition Santro back in 2007 and it really had features that were truly exclusive.

I really hope Elite Anniversary Celebration edition continues that legacy.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 12:01   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hyundai to launch Special (1st Anniversary) Edition Elite in August '15. Motorbeam has the report here.

One thing I really respect and admire the Koreans is that they really mean what they proclaim. I had a Limited Edition Santro back in 2007 and it really had features that were truly exclusive.

I really hope Elite Anniversary Celebration edition continues that legacy.

The time is also just right. Hyundai will bring in most of of their anniversary editions in August as they are hiking their prices by around 3% on all their models except the Creta in August.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 12:19   #912
BHPian

Just seeing the news about the probable special edition. Might be good value considering the price increase but I took the leap and got myself a June manufactured Petrol Elite i20 Asta Version in Star Dust colour. That was the only colour that could be delivered before August 1st and I booked just 4 days back. Surprised I could get one so quickly but I'm happy with everything so far.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_3272.jpg
classic86 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 13:47   #913
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2015 at 10:52.
bharat4ever is offline   Received Infraction
Old 31st July 2015, 21:01   #914
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagato710 View Post
I just wanted to ask you all if there is anything I can do to stop the horn-like sound whenever I use the remote central locking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
please try this step to temporarily disable the audible feedback, and let me know if it works.
Any update, Nagato710? Did the temporary method of disabling the confirmation beep work?
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 21:25   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Any update, Nagato710? Did the temporary method of disabling the confirmation beep work?
I am sorry sir, I have been away. I would be able to test your suggestion this Sunday only. I will get back to you. Thank you for remembering.
Nagato710 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks