Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2016, 06:05   #1831
BHPian

Hi All,

Just letting you know that I did 30k Kms service for my Elite i20 Diesel Asta at Sharayu Hyundai, Navi Mumbai.

Total Cost adhering to car's manual came out to be Rs 10,800/-
Old 31st August 2016, 09:59   #1832
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuChn View Post
Hello Experts,
I drive an Elite i20 Asta CRDi, and it has done about 23k on the odo... After about 19k, it has been feeling a bit heavier to accelerate and I can see some smoke as well (which I never saw before). Plus, the mileage has dropped drastically too - from around 19 kmpl to about 12-13 kmpl (City & Highway combined).
At the 40K service, the diesel filter was changed for my Elite CRDI. I have noticed markable improvement in the pickup/ acceleration post this.

There were traces of water in the filter as per the SA. I was focusing on the brakes, hence could not click pics.

Though, changing the diesel filter is a costly affair.
Old 31st August 2016, 10:58   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
At the 40K service, the diesel filter was changed for my Elite CRDI.

Though, changing the diesel filter is a costly affair.

Hi, would you be kind to post the cost of spares at 40 k service ( including diesel filter make and cost) and labour cost ? It would be helpful for fellow owners like me. Thank you.

Quote:
Hello Experts,

I drive an Elite i20 Asta CRDi, and it has done about 23k on the odo... After about 19k, it has been feeling a bit heavier to accelerate and I can see some smoke as well (which I never saw before). Plus, the mileage has dropped drastically too - from around 19 kmpl to about 12-13 kmpl (City & Highway combined).

I got it checked at Advaith, Bangalore (ORR) - the hand-held system did not show any obvious issues.

!!

I too faced the black smoke issue earlier and my service advisor was asked to check twice. He said that the MAP sensor had some dirt and had to be cleaned and post that the black smoke reduced. Further I changed filling diesel fuel from Shell to COCO pumps ( HP near Bagmane tech park and the other is IOC pump near Koramangala On the way to NGV ). I too had the car serviced at the Advaith ORR service Center. Pls contact Mr Lakshmish, service advisor or manager. He should be able to try out some means of resolving your problem.

Last edited by SDP : 8th September 2016 at 22:28. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 31st August 2016, 18:18   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
I too faced the black smoke issue earlier and my service advisor was asked to check twice. He said that the MAP sensor had some dirt and had to be cleaned and post that the black smoke reduced. Further I changed filling diesel fuel from Shell to COCO pumps ( HP near Bagmane tech park and the other is IOC pump near Koramangala On the way to NGV ). I too had the car serviced at the Advaith ORR service Center. Pls contact Mr Lakshmish, service advisor or manager. He should be able to try out some means of resolving your problem.
Thanks cs_rajesh... I will be visiting Bangalore most probably over the weekend - will meet Mr. Lakshmish...

In the meanwhile, I do see a partial improvement (not as clean as the car used to drive earlier though), but just changing the fuel pump - got it filled in Hyd and I can already feel the difference...
Old 31st August 2016, 20:21   #1835
BHPian

I had a peculiar problem with my 8 month old i20 Asta(o) CRDi. On long drives, after driving for about 200+kms in a streach, the compressor of the air-conditioning system will stop functioning. Only the blower used to work. This increases the temperature inside the cabin and with no air-conditioning to cool the cabin, it turns into an oven.

And also the infamous creaking sound from the rear left and right suspension which irritates a lot during city driving.

Took the car to Chandra Hyundai A$$ and listed out the problems with the car. The SA took the car for diagnosis and reported a faulty Climate-control module (the ac control unit on the dash) and a faulty cluster-ionizer.

As for the suspension noise, the bushes were replaced and the suspension setup completed serviced (acc. to the SA).

The A$$ took 2 days to receive the parts and was installed promptly in my car. As this problem arises only during long drives, I am not sure about the status of the complaint. Will have to do a long drive (300kms+) to completely check the problem.

The parts were replaced under warranty. I was even given a free car wash with underbody and interior cleaning.

BTW my car has run about 29000kms in 8 months.

Will post the report here after I do a long drive.

Cheers

Prasanth Krishnan
Old 1st September 2016, 14:07   #1836
BHPian

The new brochure with AT and airbags update is attached below.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-i20.jpg

2014_Elite_i20_ebrochure_1472716593432.pdf

http://www.hyundai.com/wcm/upload_ww...2716593432.pdf
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 14:43   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The new brochure with AT and airbags update is attached below.

Attachment 1549328

Attachment 1549327

http://www.hyundai.com/wcm/upload_ww...2716593432.pdf
The long awaited auto door lock too
udainxs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 18:15   #1838
BHPian

Is it possible to get the Auto Door lock feature activated at the HASS? This is one feature I am terribly missing in my car. Thanks to Autocop which used to have this feature I am used to it since the days of my humble 800. This is the 1st car where this feature is missing and now with kids on-board this is a super necessity for me.
Any one has visited the HASS and asked for this, please confirm.
Old 1st September 2016, 20:22   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
I had a peculiar problem with my 8 month old i20 Asta(o) CRDi. On long drives, after driving for about 200+kms in a streach, the compressor of the air-conditioning system will stop functioning. Only the blower used to work. This increases the temperature inside the cabin and with no air-conditioning to cool the cabin, it turns into an oven.
Hi Prashant, I have had this issue too twice in the past. First instance was while driving from Bangalore to Chennai and the compressor shut down with just the blower on - that too, just the noise... Planned to take it to ASS next morning, however, the issue was non-existent when I started the car that day. Later, after some research and talking to friends, I understood that, after constant operation when the vehicle enters a high-humidity zone, the AC tubes develop frost and that prevents the CC system to trigger compressor action... I have seen this happen just once more, and again while entering Chennai after a 8 hour drive from Hyderabad. I just stopped over for a cup of tea, and leaving the car in the Sun for 15 minutes solved the issue !!...

Regards,
Raghavan. K.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd September 2016 at 19:40.
Old 1st September 2016, 22:09   #1840

Even I faced the same problem. While coming from Chennai to Bangalore one night near krishnagiri, the acc stopped working and I feel only hope air blowing. But when I turned to manual mode it was working. Again after 15 min, even that stopped. Took the car to Trident the next morning and got reply that every thing is normal and they found nothing unusual. Strange!!!!
Old 2nd September 2016, 03:20   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
I understood that, after constant operation when the vehicle enters a high-humidity zone, the AC tubes develop frost and that prevents the CC system to trigger compressor action... I have seen this happen just once more, and again while entering Chennai after a 8 hour drive from Hyderabad. I just stopped over for a cup of tea, and leaving the car in the Sun for 15 minutes solved the issue !!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by balachandran View Post
Even I faced the same problem. While coming from Chennai to Bangalore one night near krishnagiri, the acc stopped working and I feel only hope air blowing. But when I turned to manual mode it was working. Again after 15 min, even that stopped. Took the car to Trident the next morning and got reply that every thing is normal and they found nothing unusual. Strange!!!!
Hi Raghavan and Balachandran,

I faced this issue a lot of times in the past and I used to keep driving with the air-conditioning switched off.

Regarding the warranty claim, the ac felt a lot more cooler than it used to be after the parts change. It may be because the A$$ would have cleaned the blowers and maybe the AC filter. I hope the issue is sorted out.

As I cover 3000-5000kms a month mostly on highways and this problem arises just as I cross the 200kms barrier, I cannot afford to stop and let the problem solve by itself. Precious time is wasted.

Thanks a lot Raghavan for your inputs. Will let the A$$ guys know about this.

Regards

Prasanth
Old 12th September 2016, 09:25   #1842
BHPian

My 2 year old sportz (O) crdi has done 36k km.
Recently i have been noticing few issues.
1) clutch jerks slightly in first gear, appears to be slipping.
2) there is a considerable reduction in pickup as well as mileage.
3) engine sound rough and vibrations have increased. I can feel the vibrations in clutch pedal.
Old 16th September 2016, 11:18   #1843
BHPian

I own a Petrol i20 elite 2016 July Asta (O).

I love the refinement of the engine. I dont mind the lack of power on highways since 90% of my 4500 kms run so far have been in within the city.

The features/space/looks offered in this price is amazing ,especially considering this is a hatchback. Getting about 13kmpl with AC on always at 20-24degrees in city.

What I absolutely hate is the support offered by the seats(Or rather lack thereof).

I travel 70kms everyday in Delhi traffic and by the time I reach home at night my back and shoulders are sore.

I never had such a problem in my i10,santra,city(AHNC).
I've tried Amron back support but it makes the problem worse.

Can anyone guide me what I can do to fix this? I am willing to spend 10k on good seat covers with cushioning, provided they do the job.

Last edited by dhruvwali : 16th September 2016 at 11:27.
dhruvwali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 15:23   #1844
BHPian

Has anybody opened the door panels in the Asta version and can say what brand (and type ) of speakers are there.

I was wondering if these are components (with the crossovers et all) or coaxials with added tweeters.

I was wondering if changing over to 2 sets of components for both front and rear doors along with Damping make any improvement in the sound quality. Looking for a punchier bass.
Old 16th September 2016, 16:54   #1845
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
Have recently brought home a new Elite i20 Asta (O) petrol. Have run around 2.5k in last two months and first servicing was done. But recently went for a longish trip and went thru lots of bad sections and wheels went over couple of ditches not so gently. And now I can hear some Kat-Kat sound from rear mostly and front too at times. The sounds appear when I go over a rough section. Most probably it's from the suspension setup. Sounds kinda similar to what Old Balenos used to make when going over rough patches. Is there any solution for this problem? How come within 2.5K kilometers itself the suspension started showing such issues? Or is this a common problem with i20? Eagerly waiting for your valuable input.
Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks