Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2014, 13:06   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THREEK85 View Post
Ckranjan and Aspire:

Well I own a sports petrol too. I have also experienced this thud noise while breaking a bit harshly before a speed breaker or deep pothole. The noise comes before the actual breaker or pothole but is very heavy.

I did not pay much attention till now but now both of you have pointed this out, I feel a little worried too. Should this be brought to the attention during my impending 1st service, yes of course. But wondering whether it's just the ABS kicking in!!!!??

Please do that and let us know what the ASS have to say. In my city there is only one service centre and they are useless. I will get it checked in Delhi in Jan 1st week. I have already got my first service done and at that time I was not aware of the issue.

Anyways the first service is nothing more than washing and cleaning so you will have ample time to get it checked.
Old 8th December 2014, 08:06   #332
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

I have a sportz petrol, I have felt a weird sound, like a metal rod rubbing against a concrete tarmac, this sound only has come at one place till now.

It happens when I am exiting my office, Where there is a downward slope, and then there is one of those ready made speed breakers, now I break before the speed breaker, and then have to brake again immediately, as there is a boom gate immediately after that.

This is where I hear the sound without fail, if the car has jumped a bit on the speedbreaker.

I have never driven an abs enabled car, so cannot confirm my suspicion that it is the sound of ABS, would somebody be able to confirm on this?

Only 1100 kms done, first service still due.
Regards
S

I have noticed this particular sound on my Asta CRDI too and as pointed out this happens exactly on the downward slopping ramp and you can actually feel some sort of light feedback on the break pedal too. Very randomly, it has also happened when i took a sharp right turn that may involve a slight sloop on the drivers side. I havent seen the ABS indicator on the info display lighting up. I feel this is something that needs to be brought to the attention of HASS.
Old 10th December 2014, 19:41   #333
BHPian

Anyone tried exploring these mods for the elite i20 ? The 2nd video with the DRL is awesome !!

sandroidz80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 19:41   #334
BHPian

The newly introduced i20 coupe for the European market. Wish the elite i20 had the touchscreen system, atleast for the Asta.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-cp.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-cp2.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-cp3.jpg  

suv100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 22:17   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
The newly introduced i20 coupe for the European market. Wish the elite i20 had the touchscreen system, atleast for the Asta.
The coupe looks beautiful... The 5 door version of the european model has a screen mounted on the dash unlike the coupe where it is integrated... I wish the Elite had all the features of igen i20 except sunroof...
Old 17th December 2014, 17:56   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
Looks awesome

Hi,
I am planning to buy a new car and have narrowed down the choice between Tata Zest and Elite i20. However I am having trouble deciding which one to go for. They both seem to have similar features and gadgetry. I would appreciate if fellow BHP-ians can help me. The car will mainly be used for in-city driving with occasional weekend trips (highways). I am sure others might have also faced this confusion and what factors helped to select one over the other?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandroidz80 View Post
I have noticed this particular sound on my Asta CRDI too and as pointed out this happens exactly on the downward slopping ramp and you can actually feel some sort of light feedback on the break pedal too. Very randomly, it has also happened when i took a sharp right turn that may involve a slight sloop on the drivers side. I havent seen the ABS indicator on the info display lighting up. I feel this is something that needs to be brought to the attention of HASS.

Hi aspire,sandroidz80: did you get a chance to discuss this sound problem with the HASS? What was their response? Thanks.

Note from Support - Please use the Multi-Quote option to reply to multiple posts instead of submitting back to back posts. See this thread for instructions on how to Multi-Quote.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th December 2014 at 12:19. Reason: Posts merged
Old 17th December 2014, 18:48   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
Hi aspire,sandroidz80: did you get a chance to discuss this sound problem with the HASS? What was their response? Thanks.
Hi,

Out of the country currently,my wife would be taking the car for the service as soon as 1200 kms are completed.

Are you also facing the same issue? Has anyone checked this with HASS yet?

Regards
Shailesh
Old 17th December 2014, 18:57   #338

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2014 at 12:48.
alih052 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th December 2014, 18:20   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
The coupe looks beautiful... The 5 door version of the european model has a screen mounted on the dash unlike the coupe where it is integrated... I wish the Elite had all the features of igen i20 except sunroof...
Even the euro version i20 does not have a touchscreen. It only has a holder on the dashboard to mount your smart phone.

Last edited by suv100 : 18th December 2014 at 18:22.
Old 19th December 2014, 21:16   #340
BHPian

[quote=alih052;3604817]

Hi,
I am planning to buy a new car and have narrowed down the choice between Tata Zest and Elite i20. However I am having trouble deciding which one to go for.

There is only one choice: The Elite i20 because of its stunning looks, features, refined engines, great build quality, spacious interiors and above all the reliabilty &
resale value of Hyundai (had a Santro for 11 years). The Zest no doubt is a big improvement over its predecessor but the core issue of reliability still remains (You can read the Zest review where some parts have come off). So Tata still has to work on reliability to catch up with Hyundai... If nothing else the Elite has that X-factor which is missing in the Zest... Good luck buying
CarNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 23:23   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Looks awesome

Note from Support - Please use the Multi-Quote option to reply to multiple posts instead of submitting back to back posts. See this thread for instructions on how to Multi-Quote.
Yes I had reported this as a concern on my initial feedback call from Hyundai and I got a call back from a Customer Service engineer who inquired about this issue.

They wanted me to bring in the car for a check-up but unfortunately I haven't yet been able to do that yet. Will keep you posted on this soon.
Old 20th December 2014, 00:54   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I am planning to buy a new car and have narrowed down the choice between Tata Zest and Elite i20. However I am having trouble deciding which one to go for. ..
If you want a VFM car and on a lower budget, Zest. If you have money and want a "premium" car, i20 it is!
Old 20th December 2014, 05:05   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you want a VFM car and on a lower budget, Zest. If you have money and want a "premium" car, i20 it is!

I dint have money and I still bought i20. Here's why:

1. I'm stupid

2. @ INR 644,900 Ex, I got ~1400CC, 16" Alloy, Centre Armrest, Auto CC, Spacious Boot, ABS, Rear vent, Auto-folding/opening ORVMs, Electronic IRVM, Cooled Glove Box, 7-SPEED Gearbox etc...

3. When I take my Elite i20 for service, I will see only cars there

4. @INR 1,00,000 worth LOOKS!!!

Hope it helps, my friend!
Cheers!
HighAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 10:29   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighAlpha View Post
I dint have money and I still bought i20. Here's why:
@ INR 644,900 Ex, I got 7-SPEED Gearbox
Isn't that a typo? i20 doesn't have a 7 speed gear.
Old 20th December 2014, 10:34   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Isn't that a typo? i20 doesn't have a 7 speed gear.
He probably means 6 Fwd + 1 Reverse

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks