Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2015, 16:03   #466
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvv View Post
It could possibly be because it's Hyundai Motor Plaza. I was told they have priority over the quantity of cars they receive and also they can choose what models they wish to receive. Other dealers just get a lot of cars and they have to sell those cars. If a customer needs a particular variant and color then Hyundai Motor Plaza will source it directly whereas other dealers will have to wait and watch if they receive that variant and then deliver it.
And yes proximity to the Hyundai factory does help with the transportation logistics time.
dvv
So, when the dealer says that he has booked the order for the vehicle with Hyundai after a customer books the vehicle it just depends on fate when that particular color and variant arrives?

This allocation logic does not make sense.
Old 3rd February 2015, 01:21   #467
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post

So, when the dealer says that he has booked the order for the vehicle with Hyundai after a customer books the vehicle it just depends on fate when that particular color and variant arrives?

This allocation logic does not make sense.
It doesn't make sense but is true in certain cases of dealers well generate good sales.

What Hyundai does is, get lenient and issue some margin of freedom to request/order the cars that ate highest in demand as against the slowest moving car/colour.

Certain times the production lives are set for one specific colour to manufacture it in large quantities initially and then divide into the test colours that have lesser demand.

Changeover of colour (paint booth) be it mixing, baking, all are done by an SOP for correct results always. Frequently changing it will reduce efficiency, output, downtime and quality of workmanship.

Regular colours are the fastest that are delivered as compared to rare shades for a car. Take my case where I needed Torque Blue colour in the Swift ZDI but that is least moving colour whereas white and silver are the fastest. The delivery time is 'same day' for White and Silver but around a week for such slow colours. Only thing was the dealer could get hold of a blue ZDI within 2 days (Pure luck).

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd February 2015 at 01:28.
Old 5th February 2015, 11:55   #468
BHPian

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Hi Guys, don't know where to post it so posting it here. Please advice.

Yesterday i went with my friends to a lake. The parking area was full of small pebbles/ Gravel. There was a small ditch too. While reversing the rear went into the ditch. Rest of the car was on the small slope. After some clutch slipping, high accelerator input and pushing the rear the car came out. After that i started driving and noticed a loud tak tak sound with steering input. Stopped the car. Checked everthing. Checked for any leaks. Checked the tires. I could not find anything. So again started the car and started driving. This time the tak tak sound came twice in a drive of couple of Kms. Everthing was ok inside too. No warning light etc. So drove home( a distance of 50 Km) it was a six lane highway and some village roads. The loud tak tak sound never came. The steering feel is same.

The car in question is Elite i20 P. How worried should i be? Im a noob when it comes to cars. Please suggest what should i do. Can i drive till Saturday and then maybe get it checked at HASS on Sunday. The car has done close to 6000 KMs and is 4 months old.

Last edited by ckranjan : 5th February 2015 at 11:57.
Old 5th February 2015, 16:05   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post

How worried should i be? Im a noob when it comes to cars. Please suggest what should i do.
Hey ckranjan you probably need not loose your sleep over this sound.

From what I can gather, your car is still quite new and so are the tires. Since the tread on new rubber is deep, some of the gravel may have got stuck and caused the reported sound while on the move.

I have had similar situations before and the sound is more prominent during the first few Kms until the gravel/stone eventually falls off.

I would still advise you to wait for some expert opinion here and probably consult your A.S.S in case the sound persists.
Old 5th February 2015, 19:30   #470
BHPian

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

I would still advise you to wait for some expert opinion here and probably consult your A.S.S in case the sound persists.

Thanks for the reply. There is no sound coming as of now. The sound was very loud and it got me scared. But still its good to get it checked once.

Can the stuck stones make that kind of noise?
Old 5th February 2015, 19:46   #471
BANNED

Quote:

Can the stuck stones make that kind of noise?
It could be stones/debris that would have got stuck in the suspension or any moving part that fell off after the drive.

If possible do put the car on a ramp and check the underbody. If it looks fine then relax and enjoy your car!
Old 5th February 2015, 21:04   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It could be stones/debris that would have got stuck in the suspension or any moving part that fell off after the drive.

If possible do put the car on a ramp and check the underbody. If it looks fine then relax and enjoy your car!

Thanks. Will get it checked soon and report back.
Old 9th February 2015, 20:53   #473
Senior - BHPian

Reason Behind Waiting Period for Elite i20.

I had called Hyundai Regional Office at Pune 020-66320500 on Friday to know the Waiting Period for Elite Asta Diesel.
The Person to whom I spoke was Mr. Vivek (I did not hear his surname properly). IIRC he is Assistant Regional and Complaint Manager.

He told me that even if the dealer places an order for the desired cars at the Manufacturer, the Manufacturer does not allot him the desired cars immediately.
For example- If my dealer places an order for my car, Elite i20 Asta Diesel StarDust, Hyundai does not allot him the said car immediately. He is asked to sell other models (as well as variants) in his showroom and place order for those as well.
If he sells only i20 Elite, Hyundai will not allot him new Elites until he sells Grand, Xcent, i10, etc and place order for them as well.
So if I have to get an Elite, I will have to wait for this very reason.

Is anybody aware of this? Does it really work this way?
Old 9th February 2015, 22:57   #474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post

No no. Something fishy! If this was the way manufacturers dealt then customers who are in waiting line would never get their cars on life time.

Worst case dealers or manufacturers would delay a bit till the booking numbers for the cars be viable for transportation from factory to dealers yard. Shipping 1 or 2 units is meaningless. Bulk transportation would keep costs low hence the delay.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th February 2015 at 23:02.
Old 9th February 2015, 23:55   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I had called Hyundai Regional Office at Pune 020-66320500 on Friday to know the Waiting Period for Elite Asta Diesel.

The Person to whom I spoke was Mr. Vivek (I did not hear his surname properly). IIRC he is Assistant Regional and Complaint Manager.

He told me that even if the dealer places an order for the desired cars at the Manufacturer, the Manufacturer does not allot him the desired cars immediately.

For example- If my dealer places an order for my car, Elite i20 Asta Diesel StarDust, Hyundai does not allot him the said car immediately. He is asked to sell other models (as well as variants) in his showroom and place order for those as well.

If he sells only i20 Elite, Hyundai will not allot him new Elites until he sells Grand, Xcent, i10, etc and place order for them as well.

Yes, but not exactly the way mentioned. It is called dumping. The manufacturer dumps the dealer with non moving models/variants along with the models which are high on demand. The manufactures will allot say only four i20 Elite's in a consignment of ten cars. Hence you see dealer stockyards dumped with non moving models. Same was the case with Maruti when Swift and Dzire diesel variants had a long waiting period in 2011-12.
Old 10th February 2015, 12:35   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Will get it checked soon and report back.
Got the under body and alignment checked. Everything is all right. phew
Old 11th February 2015, 01:25   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaninilesh View Post
Yes, but not exactly the way mentioned. It is called dumping. The manufacturer dumps the dealer with non moving models/variants along with the models which are high on demand. The manufactures will allot say only four i20 Elite's in a consignment of ten cars. Hence you see dealer stockyards dumped with non moving models. Same was the case with Maruti when Swift and Dzire diesel variants had a long waiting period in 2011-12.

Hello,

That is again weird, since Hyundai will be jeopardizing the sale of more I20's which are in demand because ideally if a person does not get what he wants, he might most probably go ahead an buy a Maruti or any other vehicle.

I think the case of dumping will work for other manufacturers such as ford or chevrolet who have hardly got any sales.

As far as I remember, in Pune, there is no Hyundai model which is available immediately. There is a minimum waiting period of two weeks for all the vehicles.

Hyundai or for that matter any other manufacturer would be better off manufacturing the vehicle that is in demand rather than pulling such stunts.

Again, just my $0.02
Old 11th February 2015, 07:16   #478
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Hyundai or for that matter any other manufacturer would be better off manufacturing the vehicle that is in demand rather than pulling such stunts.
You are right.

When the Swift was high in demand the production line was more prioritised for it rather than the leader moving ones.

Same was with Honda that miscalculated the demand during Mobilio launch and for it the production line was dedicated to it leaving the Honda City production in back log causing heavy waiting periods for City 'to-be' owners.

It all boils down to the Supply Chain guys to get the 'right' stock at the 'right' time and the 'right' place (read dealer).

Loosing a customer is very easy but to gain/get one, it is to difficult.
Old 17th February 2015, 10:33   #479
BHPian

Looks like the Indian manufactured version of the Elite i20 scored only 3 stars in the Australian NCAP due to which the older version will continue to be sold there. The low rating is apparently due to only 2 airbags on offer even in the highest trim.

It still remains to be seen if Hyundai has made any structural compromises to the India specific Elite. While one article mentions that it is unfavorable exchange rates, the cartrade article quotes the 3/5 safety rating.

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...ds-127381.html

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/h...stralia-167980
Old 17th February 2015, 14:30   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Looks like the Indian manufactured version of the Elite i20 scored only 3 stars in the Australian NCAP due to which the older version will continue to be sold there. The low rating is apparently due to only 2 airbags on offer even in the highest trim.

It still remains to be seen if Hyundai has made any structural compromises to the India specific Elite. While one article mentions that it is unfavorable exchange rates, the cartrade article quotes the 3/5 safety rating.

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...ds-127381.html

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/h...stralia-167980
This news appeared in motorbeam as well.
http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/02/car...t-safe-enough/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks