Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 19:04   #541
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvv View Post
Hello everyone,
My first post here (not counting the introduction post). I've booked the i20 Asta petrol model and made down payment for the same today.
I'm buying the car at Hyundai Motor Plaza, Chennai. Customer service has been good except for one or two small instances. Managed to get them to allow me to take the insurance outside. Initially they were reluctant, but after I mentioned that I've read about people buying cars with them and taking insurance outside, they were OK with it. Thanks to Team-BHP! I'm saving about 6-7k on that alone
Can you please share the contact details there in Hyundai Motor Plaza? I have planned to book by tomorrow and when I checked with vinayak, they didnt allow me to take outside. They are OK to give me bumper to bumper at the cost of regular insurance price. Thanks.
Old 17th March 2015, 21:15   #542
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnagarajs View Post
Can you please share the contact details there in Hyundai Motor Plaza? I have planned to book by tomorrow and when I checked with vinayak, they didnt allow me to take outside. They are OK to give me bumper to bumper at the cost of regular insurance price. Thanks.
Hi vnagarajs,
The name of my sales consultant is Mr Siva. His mobile number is as follows: +91-994056203. Initially they were reluctant to provide it outside but I insisted and got it done outside. They will ask you to sign a form stating that you alone are responsible for any issues that might arise when taking insurance outside.

You can quote my name Vignesh when you talk to Mr.Siva. I'm sure he will be glad to help.

Drive safe.
dvv
dvv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 02:04   #543
BHPian

Everyone who owns an elite i20, what do you suggest in the following cases:

1. Can Active i20 2015's Projector headlamps be retrofitted on the elite i20?

2. Can we source the LED taillamp assembly from some other country to India? Love the look of those leds

PS:
My ownership page is coming up live soon. It's the Gayatri v02!
Old 19th March 2015, 09:47   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post

2. Can we source the LED taillamp assembly from some other country to India? Love the look of those leds
Hey Dinesh first off, Congrats on your latest acquisition. Wish you many happy mile crunching.

I don't own an Elite to answer your questions, but here are my thoughts:

- Like many other cars in the Indian market today, Elite is a global product. Only due to various taxes and historical motoring laws, Indian Elite does not get many of the goodies which its International variants get. So, getting those parts/enhancements will never be a herculean task.

- As far as I know, the I20 Active's Projector Headlamp comes as a standard fitment on Elite in international market. So, surely you can get those fitted. In fact, I remember reading a post on the I20 Active where somebody has mentioned it will cost about 25k for a complete setup, if procured from Hyundai.

- Since Elite is still a new product on the global scene, give it few more days (weeks) and you must be able to find all sort of aftermarket fitment.

P.S - Unlike our German counterparts, these Korean car A.S.S seldom throw tantrums on all sort of after market mods, when it comes to honoring warranty.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 19th March 2015 at 09:50.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 12:19   #545

Hello,

I have booked an Elite Asta in December last week. The SA had promised me that I will get the car by mid-March. Yesterday when I called, he informed me that there was some delay in placing the order with Hyundai and he will *try* and get me the delivery of the car by April first week.
Can I get information on where I stand in the delivery queue from Hyundai (online or through some number)?

Since the sales tax is going to increase from April, will I need to pay a higher amount while taking the delivery of the car? I asked the SA and he mentioned that there will be no change in the price and I will still be paying the same amount. However I wanted to confirm with my team-bhpian friends.
Thanks.
Old 19th March 2015, 13:16   #546
BHPian

Quote:

PS:
My ownership page is coming up live soon. It's the Gayatri v02!

Will give you update probably by end of this week

Congrats on the new car
Old 19th March 2015, 16:10   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Will give you update probably by end of this week

Congrats on the new car
That's awesome Vinjosep!

Could you help me one query here? Last time I filled my elite i20 it took diesel in excess of 50ltrs. I had to actually request my diesel pump guy to stop filling it. Also, whenever I start my car after a good halt of 1-2hrs, as soon it is switched on, I can smell very pungent odour which is similar to that of LPG (AC on).
Old 19th March 2015, 18:04   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Last time I filled my elite i20 it took diesel in excess of 50ltrs
WOW.....!!! And I thought fuel tank capacity is 45ltrs, even if you were running on fumes before the fill, I can't imagine an intake of 50ltrs.
Old 19th March 2015, 18:10   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
WOW.....!!! And I thought fuel tank capacity is 45ltrs, even if you were running on fumes before the fill, I can't imagine an intake of 50ltrs.
I didn't too, it's not my first car you know. I was equally amused too see it happening. Another tank fill is due in next 2-3 days. I will attach the receipt here so that I can get some feedback from you all on the same.

To be precise it exactly took in 50.61ltrs.

My earlier car, Figo, would suffice at 47ltrs though the specified capacity was mentioned at 45ltrs.
Old 19th March 2015, 21:36   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last time I filled my elite i20 it took diesel in excess of 50ltrs. I had to actually request my diesel pump guy to stop filling it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
It is 45 ltrs. One word of advice, change the pump.
Old 19th March 2015, 22:50   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
It is 45 ltrs. One word of advice, change the pump.
Have been filling there from past 2 years (figo). Not willing to accept that they started to cheat suddenly. Anyways let's see how many litres of diesel does the elite guzzles next time.

Btw the pump in concern is the Kharghar, Navi Mumbai COCO.
Old 19th March 2015, 23:04   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Have been filling there from past 2 years (figo). Not willing to accept that they started to cheat suddenly. Anyways let's see how many litres of diesel does the elite guzzles next time.

Btw the pump in concern is the Kharghar, Navi Mumbai COCO.
Tank takes 45lts of diesel however tank full for us is till the we can see diesel till the filler cap. so your 50 Lts is 45lts tank + 5 Lts in the filler pipe.

Another observation that I have seen in my car is that when I fill about 49lts from the time the fuel indicator blinks, for the first dot to disappear on the fuel indicator it will be about 350 kms while rest will disappear every 70 to 80kms.
jagadeesh.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 23:29   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
Tank takes 45lts of diesel however tank full for us is till the we can see diesel till the filler cap. so your 50 Lts is 45lts tank + 5 Lts in the filler pipe.

Another observation that I have seen in my car is that when I fill about 49lts from the time the fuel indicator blinks, for the first dot to disappear on the fuel indicator it will be about 350 kms while rest will disappear every 70 to 80kms.
Hi Jagadeesh,

That's comforting to know. I believe the exact same thing is happening with me.

What about the LPG like smell though? (AC on auto mode with outside air ventilation ON, during start)

*Important Update*

Hyundai is running summer camp across dealerships in India. Free 90 point checkup along with discounts on spares, etc. and free car wash.

I bought extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year (diesel MT) for the total sum of 13,512/- Rupees (20% discount)

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 19th March 2015 at 23:34.
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:19   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Congratulations Man!

As for the delivery in 30 days, what color have you ordered? Here in Pune, every dealer is saying 90+ days for I20 delivery unless is Era/Magna model.

I am hoping that the launch of I20 Active removes some burden from I20 orders.

Safe Driving!
I got immediate delivery of my crdi Asta, Red Passion. I believe it is better to book your vehicle from dealers who have multiple dealerships as they may have more vehicles in stock.
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:24   #555
Team-BHP Support

The Elite i20 has been Hyundai's best-selling model in India. 10,000 units of the car are built at the company's Chennai factory every month. However, the demand for the Elite i20 is high and there is a waiting list of about two-and-a-half months for the car. Hyundai fears that it could lose customers if it is not able to supply enough units of the car. To address this issue, it is preparing to ramp up the production of the hatchback.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks