Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 20:08   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Spotted a couple of Elite i20s in the parking lot on my trip to the local market yesterday.

Just out of curiosity, I applied some pressure on the bonnet on both of them. Fingers, then palms, and even a light punch . Happy to report no dents whatsoever.

I think the issue may be unique to your car.
Just out of curiosity, if u did manage to replicate the dents in those cars what would you have done next? IMO that was a terrible thing to try out on somebody else's cars.
toiingg is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 15:06   #632
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alih052 View Post
Congrats Saket. Wish you many happy miles of driving the Elite i20.
Do let me know how was your experience with the delivery process and anything I need to be aware of when my turn comes.
If possible do share your WhatsApp number so I can get in touch with you.
Are you planning to go for the underbody rust protection plan from 3M? Any other extras you have planned for?
Thanks a lot!

I took delivery of the car today and it is truly a beauty.

The car is really really stable and you can literally feel the large wheel base when you drive it.

Also, as almost everybody has been saying it, the steering is super light, but I think overtime I will get used to it.

I went to their stockyard and took the delivery there(Kothari Hyundai Pune). Did not want anybody else to drive my car. My ODO read .9 when I took delivery of my car.

I haven't purchased any accessories yet except for floor mats and mud flaps.

I will PM my number in some time.
Old 22nd April 2015, 18:27   #633
BHPian

Is there any price hike reported? My SA urge me to make the payment before 25th to avoid the price hike. I'm not sure why there's a sudden hike at the wrong time (no budget change etc).
Old 22nd April 2015, 18:33   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Just out of curiosity, if u did manage to replicate the dents in those cars what would you have done next?
My god, then I would have been in trouble with the owners! And Hyundai would be in trouble with the 12,000-or-so-a-month buyers for making cars that get dented so easily!!

Please note: I didn't use fingernails or any object/instrument with the intention of causing any damage. Just fingers and palm and some light taps with knuckles. I apply more pressure on my own car while giving it a good rub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Is there any price hike reported? My SA urge me to make the payment before 25th to avoid the price hike. I'm not sure why there's a sudden hike at the wrong time (no budget change etc).
My SA said the price have been hiked by 5000-6000 depending on the variant. Will update after taking delivery on Saturday

Last edited by naru : 22nd April 2015 at 18:36.
Old 22nd April 2015, 18:53   #635
BHPian

Quote:
I think this price hike happened on Friday/Monday(17/04 or 20/04), I remember my SA telling me that they were expecting the Ex-Showroom prices to change sometime soon.

It is very weird that Hyundai is changing the rates right now. As far as I know this is their second/third price hike which is not due to changes in taxes etc.
Old 22nd April 2015, 19:20   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any price hike reported?
Quote:
My SA said the price have been hiked by 5000-6000 depending on the variant. Will update after taking delivery on Saturday
Verified update on prices - Source - Hyundai Erode, TN dealer (ARAS & PV PV) & Website http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Shoppin...ote/index.html
Before mid-April 2015 - Rs. 758,190
After mid-April 2015 - Rs. 764,666

Please note that these are the prices for model I have booked(Elite i20 Sportz diesel).
Old 22nd April 2015, 23:02   #637
BHPian

Hi guys, i own an i20 diesel sports option. I got my car last month 26th and My friend booked just after me and service center guys called him today and asked him to do full payment so that he can get the car delivered next week without any price change. So i can confirm, there is a planned price hike scheduled in kerala
Old 22nd April 2015, 23:21   #638
BHPian

Quote:
There is no budget or government hikes. Hyundai seems to encash the super craze elite i20 is currently enjoying!
Make hay while sun shines!
Milk the customer when he/she is queuing up in front of the showrooms!!
Old 23rd April 2015, 05:47   #639
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Spotted a couple of Elite i20s in the parking lot on my trip to the local market yesterday.

Just out of curiosity, I applied some pressure on the bonnet on both of them. Fingers, then palms, and even a light punch . Happy to report no dents whatsoever.

I think the issue may be unique to your car/batch.
Really?! I hope you planned on sticking around for the owners of those cars to return just in case you caused some damage as part of your unsolicited tests.

Quote:
My god, then I would have been in trouble with the owners! And Hyundai would be in trouble with the 12,000-or-so-a-month buyers for making cars that get dented so easily!!

Please note: I didn't use fingernails or any object/instrument with the intention of causing any damage. Just fingers and palm and some light taps with knuckles. I apply more pressure on my own car while giving it a good rub.
As much as you wanted to prove a point, its not good to try this out on someone else's source of joy. If it was your own car, then we would be happy to see the results of such tests, including Before and After pics.
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:15   #640
BHPian

Guys, black smoke is coming from my car's exhaust when I revv up from Idle or while changing gears. My friend spotted it when he was following me.

I have been a petrolhead for so long but for the first time I am buying a diesel. Is the black smoke the peculiarity of the diesel engine or what?

My car was delivered on last month 22nd only. First service is not over yet. I have a mixed riding nature. On highways, I keep the rpm between 2000-2500. Read, 100-120 in the 6th gear. Is this the cause?
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:58   #641
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Guys, black smoke is coming from my car's exhaust when I revv up from Idle or while changing gears. My friend spotted it when he was following me.
It is natural buddy for diesel engine. This is how they are. Nothing to worry.

When you rev the engine hard it throws out black smoke (unburned fuel).
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:04   #642
BHPian

Quote:

Mod Note: Members, please don't try this at home! Other people's property deserves to be respected.
Very surprised at this note: You're making it sound like I conducted some crash test.

It's not like the OP said he dropped a brick on the roof and instead of a dent the entire structure collapsed and I tried to replicate the damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Really?! I hope you planned on sticking around for the owners of those cars to return just in case you caused some damage as part of your unsolicited tests.
Forget just sticking around, I would have made a hue and cry with Hyundai since I have also booked this car.

Quote:
As much as you wanted to prove a point, its not good to try this out on someone else's source of joy.
Please understand, it was not like I was testing the extent of abuse it can take before getting damaged.

Quote:
If it was your own car, then we would be happy to see the results of such tests, including Before and After pics.
I did first try this on my i10. Then I tried on i20. And I will definitely try it on my new i20 and post before and after pics.

I seem to have stirred a hornet's nest here. It's a car forum, we all here by definition love cars, immaterial if we own it or covet it. I'd be crazy to intentionally damage someone's car and then write about it here.

The OP said this car is so fragile it gets dented just by pressing on the bonnet and by trying to remove bird poop. What i did was see if doing these routing things, which I do almost daily to my car in the process of cleaning it, and I'm sure most if not all of use do too, does really affect the i20.

I'm sorry but maybe my post was not clear. The purpose of my test was to not to check how much damage the car can withstand. It was to check if it is so unbelievably fragile

Last edited by naru : 23rd April 2015 at 15:06.
naru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:15   #643
BANNED

Quote:
Very surprised at this note: You're making it sound like I conducted some crash test.

Actually I am surprised by the tests you have done on the i20's. IMO not a good gesture. Those cars aren't owned by you to pass your tests.

You could have tried it on TD cars and after your i20 is delivered to you.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:34   #644
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm sorry but maybe my post was not clear. The purpose of my test was to not to check how much damage the car can withstand. It was to check if it is so unbelievably fragile
What if the car was that fragile and it did get damaged? Then what?

As a car enthusiast, I hate it when someone even rests on my car as it is my property.

If I had seen someone pressing down on panels of my car, that person would have got a royal dose from me for touching my property without asking me.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:57   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Actually I am surprised by the tests you have done on the i20's. IMO not a good gesture. Those cars aren't owned by you to pass your tests.

You could have tried it on TD cars and after your i20 is delivered to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
As a car enthusiast, I hate it when someone even rests on my car as it is my property.

If I had seen someone pressing down on panels of my car, that person would have got a royal dose from me for touching my property without asking me.
Reading the reactions here I get what I did wrong: No one likes a stranger messing around with their property.

All I can say in my defense is this: I booked a car. I'm very excited about it. Then someone says it's more fragile than a newborn baby. That seeds doubt in my brain. I get a chance to reassure myself. I did.

My bad.

Only thing that I can say is that if I was even remotely unsure whether my little experiment would have resulted in damage, I wouldn't have done it.

Think of it this way. Someone says there's a new glass building which is so weak you tap and the glass breaks. You can't believe it. Thousands of people visit a month and no one else has made this claim, which if true, makes it staggeringly unsafe. But even so, when you approach the building you can't resist tapping it even though you know it's not gonna break.

The reactions here make it seem like I went with a hammer to see how much hard I have to swing before it breaks!

Again: The intention was never to damage. It was to reassure myself

Last edited by naru : 23rd April 2015 at 16:19.
naru is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks