Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 19:59   #556
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

[quote=Dinesh_Malhotra;3667455]Hi Jagadeesh,

That's comforting to know. I believe the exact same thing is happening with me.

What about the LPG like smell though? (AC on auto mode with outside air ventilation ON, during start)

Hi Dinesh,

I think that the LPG smell is from the AC, can you try switching Off the AC & close outside air & check. also how is you AC cooling.

Has any one given their call for the 2nd service i.e.., at 10,000 KMS. if yes then what is the typical cost that you have incurred.
Old 23rd March 2015, 19:59   #557
D4D
BHPian

I recently sat in the elite i20, it's simply too good. Great quality inside out. It's a dramatic opposite of the Liva which shouts "That I'm of low quality and uninspired design."

I'm not surprised at the demand shooting up. The dynamics are balanced now and good enough for most drivers out there.

Also, they have the Active version to cater to.
Old 23rd March 2015, 20:57   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post

Hi Dinesh,

I think that the LPG smell is from the AC, can you try switching Off the AC & close outside air & check. also how is you AC cooling.

Has any one given their call for the 2nd service i.e.., at 10,000 KMS. if yes then what is the typical cost that you have incurred.
I will have a check on it and update here. I would too like to get an update on 10k kms service cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
I recently sat in the elite i20, it's simply too good. Great quality inside out. It's a dramatic opposite of the Liva which shouts "That I'm of low quality and uninspired design."

I'm not surprised at the demand shooting up. The dynamics are balanced now and good enough for most drivers out there.

Also, they have the Active version to cater to.
Hi D4D,

i20 has literally brought smiles on our faces in my family. It's a refreshing change from Ford and Figo, both. The only thing that I really hate about it is the steering which takes away the fun of spirited driving. For everything else, it's the best car out there.

I also hate to see so many of my neighbours buying it. Doesn't feel exclusive at all. It's a good ride nevertheless.
Old 24th March 2015, 06:12   #559
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

If anything, they should have plonked the 1.4 litre petrol engine in it or even the 1.6.
The car is great, don't get me wrong, but it could certainly do with more power, more safety kit like more airbags, traction control, hill hold and rear disc brakes.
As of this moment in the current avatar, the 1.2 petrol engine wheezes a great deal while hauling the car's weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
I will have a check on it and update here. I would too like to get an update on 10k kms service cost.

I also hate to see so many of my neighbours buying it. Doesn't feel exclusive at all. It's a good ride nevertheless.
Old 25th March 2015, 17:40   #560
BHPian

Hey I have a booked i20 ASTA Crdi silver up for delivery in approxmiately 7 days.
The car looking by sales chart will be quite a common phenomenon though being a luxury hatch priced in vicinity of other sedans.
Although it has quite a lot of equipment on offer it is imperative that it will received minor tweaks and upgrades all along its life (as is case with every car), and now that this car is quite old too and I have already waited a month +, I don't want to lose on any bit of extra equipment or Upgrade that might come in it next ( like rear disc, extra airbags) .
So if anyone has any information regarding any updates if coming to the i20 in nearest future please share here and help me and others take decision according to it.

Last edited by aviral2122 : 25th March 2015 at 17:41.
Old 25th March 2015, 20:26   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
Hey I have a booked i20 ASTA Crdi silver up for delivery in approxmiately 7 days.

Although it has quite a lot of equipment on offer it is imperative that it will received minor tweaks and upgrades all along its life (as is case with every car), and now that this car is quite old too and I have already waited a month +, I don't want to lose on any bit of extra equipment or Upgrade that might come in it next ( like rear disc, extra airbags) .
So if anyone has any information regarding any updates if coming to the i20 in nearest future please share here and help me and others take decision according to it.
Don't bother. The car is not even a year old in its life cycle. Currently Hyundai is busy with getting the i20 Active to showrooms. Any changes in the package of the regular i20 are at least a year away, if not more.

Also, congrats from a fellow owner of a Silver CRDI Asta. Do write an ownership thread, it will help many others take a decision.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 21:59   #562
BHPian

I changed the stock bulbs to Osram night breakers and this one has more of a whitish light than the yellow tint of the stock bulbs.

Can someone suggest what bulbs would fit on the fog lights to give it this same white tone ! I am looking for the model and make of these bulbs. Thanks.
Old 26th March 2015, 02:39   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandroidz80 View Post
I changed the stock bulbs to Osram night breakers and this one has more of a whitish light than the yellow tint of the stock bulbs.

Can someone suggest what bulbs would fit on the fog lights to give it this same white tone ! I am looking for the model and make of these bulbs. Thanks.
Hi,

I guess your best bet would be to call Hyundai, tell them that one of your fog lamp bulbs have gone kaput and you have no Hyundai garage in vicinity. Considering the safety issue, they would surely part with you with the information you are seeking so that you can replace the bulb yourself (hypothetically saying).

PS:
14 days after delivery now, My Gayatri v02 has one thick deep scratch on the front left door along with one sharp scratch on left rear door. I don't remember banging my car into anyone nor otherwise. Some kid's antics are at play here, I guess.

Also, received my first dent on the hood/bonnet courtesy a visit to Lonavala ( mumbai-pune expressway). It's the size of a 25 paise coin. It seems some small stone caused it.

Will attach pictures in the next post, so that you guys can suggest what to do next.

Regards
Dinesh Malhotra

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 26th March 2015 at 02:40.
Old 26th March 2015, 07:53   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post

I have given the cost I incurred here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post

..scratch .. scratch on left rear door. I don't remember banging my car into anyone nor otherwise... my first dent on the hood/bonnet courtesy...you guys can suggest what to do next.
The first scratch is the most painful one, isn't it?

Even I have come across a couple of cases where I didn't hear or "feel" a scratch-in-progress. However we (I & wife) could see the "job" being done. We attributed this to the excellent NVH/ silent cabin. So I wouldn't be too sure about kids being the cause in your case...

I would suggest to do nothing about the dents/ scratches if they can't be discerned by a regular joe (non-tbhpian, of course). Let it be there as something to ward off the evil eye

You take this to the service centre they will charge you through the nose for painting the entire panel(s) OR your no-claim bonus would be affected. Not worth the money IMO unless its too much of an eyesore. Also owing to the design & associated sheen, minor scratches are easily hidden irrespective of the colour.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 10:32   #565
BHPian

Hi bhpians,

Not sure if this is the right thread. I want to know if the projector headlamps of i20 Active can be directly fitted to Elite i20? Also, is it worth going for it?
ricky_1605 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 23:17   #566
Senior - BHPian

How to Copy the Songs on the In-built Storage of Audio System?
I have checked the Owner's Manual but could not find anything on this.

Also I would like to inform the Owners of Elite that we can Unlock and Lock the car without making the Horn noise.
Press the Sensor on the (Driver's) Door Handle with the Remote in your pocket. If the car is Locked, it will get unlocked and Vice-e-versa.
Old 2nd April 2015, 01:58   #567
BHPian

Calling out to all Elite i20 owners. Please share experiences, pictures, information of accessories that have been tried, liked, recommended, hated, etc. For a just launched car, it's quite difficult to find quality stuff at reasonable rates.

To kick things off with the basics, how's the quality of mats provided by Hyundai? They're asking for some 1,300 bucks for a basic kit comprising of just mats and mudguard flaps. Is it worth it? Or does it make sense to pay a little more and get these Star 3D mats instead:

http://www.amazon.in/Star-Car-Mats-A...7919317&sr=1-4

I booked my 1.4 CRDI today. Waiting period's 6-12 weeks. Till then trying to keep myself occupied by reading about other owners' experiences and hunting for accessories

Last edited by naru : 2nd April 2015 at 02:14.
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:28   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
To kick things off with the basics, how's the quality of mats provided by Hyundai? They're asking for some 1,300 bucks for a basic kit comprising of just mats and mudguard flaps. Is it worth it?
Terrible. Bad quality black rubber, won't last more than a year or 2. The only good thing is these come with a rotation lock system, so they won't get dislodged by the foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
I booked my 1.4 CRDI today. Waiting period's 6-12 weeks. Till then trying to keep myself occupied by reading about other owners' experiences and hunting for accessories
Congrats. I own the 1.4 CRDI Asta. You can read my ownership thread, available here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...crdi-asta.html

Tbhpians Vinijosep and Bubby also have good ownership threads running.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 19:58   #569
BHPian

Apologies if this has been pointed out before, but during the TD, the missus felt the cabin was more spacious than that of Vento and City. A quick Google search confirms:
  1. Vento: width 1699 mm wheelbase 2552 mm
  2. City :: width 1695 mm wheelbase 2600 mm
  3. Verna: width 1700 mm wheelbase 2570 mm
  4. i20 ::: width 1734 mm wheelbase 2570 mm
Old 3rd April 2015, 03:19   #570

Hi All,

Just curious to know if anyone played around with any OBD system on their CRDi yet ? Any ideas if not ?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks