Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 16:37   #1891
t18
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
hello friends.. facing unusually heavy vandalism by street dogs!
I'm not sure this works but near our locality I find people filling up bottles with orange color water and keeping these bottles wherever there is dog menace. Just give it a try. And be sure to tie those bottles to something otherwise they get flicked off.
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 09:45   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
Hi All,

Just letting you know that I did 30k Kms service for my Elite i20 Diesel Asta at Sharayu Hyundai, Navi Mumbai.

Total Cost adhering to car's manual came out to be Rs 10,800/-
Can you please provide the split up? My 30k service is nearing
Old 5th October 2016, 14:47   #1893
BHPian

I'm in the market for a petrol powered car for mainly city use. Does the routine service usually costs 10k? I've seen many people quoting similar numbers! Is this the same for petrol and diesel engines?
Old 5th October 2016, 15:26   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
I'm in the market for a petrol powered car for mainly city use. Does the routine service usually costs 10k? I've seen many people quoting similar numbers! Is this the same for petrol and diesel engines?
Free services (first two) for Petrol are in the range of 1500 to 2300 Rupees. 30k servicing goes to ~10k.
anoop_gkris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 17:54   #1895
BHPian

Gents, as you know the request sensor on my i20 had gone kaput and all service centres in Mumbai had no clue by when the part would be available. One of them had gone to the extent of telling me that the part was not even available in Chennai.
It is then that I decided to write to the Hyundai Service email id. Wasn't expecting much of a response but boy was I in for a surprise. Not only did they alert the regional office but Modi Hyundai suddenly swung into action. I had sent them a mail on 26th September and they replied on the same day informing me that they will try and get the part at the earliest.
30th September I get a call that the part is available and I can come next day to get it fitted. I was completed surprised as I didn't expect such a short TAT. Since I was working on Saturday I requested if they could fit on 2nd October.
Gave the car to them on 2nd October (mind you it was Gandhi Jayanti holiday) and they not only replaced the door handle but even the front left suspension bush.

I must admit that I have owned the no.1 competition brand for decades but have never got such quick responses & service from them.

Kudos to Hyundai for such prompt service.
Maverick1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 01:18   #1896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Also kindly suggest where can I buy genuine antenna stick as replacement, either online or some auto shop in whitefield bangalore (without visiting a hyundai dealer)?
JC road shops might be of help. Please do check www.99rpm.com website as well, I believe they do have parts for Hyundai as well.

Quote:
...facing unusually heavy vandalism by street dogs!... I welcome any suggestions to avoid their vandalism...
Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
...I find people filling up bottles with orange color water and keeping these bottles wherever there is dog menace...
I thought it's the blue water filled in the bottles that keep the dogs away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
I also got my i20 elite 2014 sportz vtvt model serviced at 32000 kms in Nagpur...The total bill was 13000. I always use synthetic engine oil...
That's a whole lot of money for a 1.2L petrol car, even with synthetic oil. Could you provide a break up of the service please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop_gkris View Post
Free services (first two) for Petrol are in the range of 1500 to 2300 Rupees. 30k servicing goes to ~10k.
10K seems really high for a petrol car in that segment for 30K kms service. What do they do to charge this much?
Old 6th October 2016, 04:49   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Can you please provide the split up? My 30k service is nearing
Hey,

This is the breakup for Hyundai Elite i20 1.4 Diesel 30,000 Kms periodic service:

2.5 ltrs Shell Gear oil = 720 Rs
4 ltrs Shell Engine oil = 1400 Rs
Coolant = 612 Rs
Consumables = 312
Windshield Washer = 100 Rs
Fuel Filter = 1822 Rs
Air Filter = 286 Rs
Oil Filter = 408 Rs
Gasket Oil Plug = 35 Rs
Wheel Balancing = 560 Rs
Wheel Alignment = 640 Rs
Throttle Body Cleaning = 195 Rs
Wheel Rotation = 295 Rs
Caliper pin greasing = 240 Rs
Coolant change labor = 230 Rs
Usual service labor charge (PMS) = 1630 Rs

Total with tax came to 10,817 Rupees at Sharayu Hyundai, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Maharashtra.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 08:01   #1898
BHPian

Thanks for providing us with the breakdown of your bill. I thought wheel rotation comes as a part of alignment and balancing? That's a total of 1500Rs for all three! I do all this from outside and it costs exactly 700Rs, plus I could watch over them while they do it. You could save here if you have some spare time..

Last edited by Sebzgeo89 : 6th October 2016 at 08:20.
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 13:59   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

This is the breakup for Hyundai Elite i20 1.4 Diesel 30,000 Kms periodic service:

2.5 ltrs Shell Gear oil = 720 Rs
Total with tax came to 10,817 Rupees at Sharayu Hyundai, Nerul, Navi Mumbai. Maharashtra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
Thanks for providing us with the breakdown of your bill.
You could save here if you have some spare time..
Completely agree with you Sebzgeo89. I mean even I had got the wheel rotation done for my car when they had removed the tyres for brake drum and pad cleaning. That is when I asked the mechanic to rotate the tyres and I wasn't charged for it. Probably, because I stood there and got the service done in my presence and exchanged a few words with him to develop a rapport. Similarly, I got the alignment done outside for a mere 400/- (balancing was not required). And my total bill was just 7130/- including mineral oil.
You need to bear the pain of standing there while your car is getting serviced else these service centers can literally loot you for no reason.

Last edited by verma_rahul : 6th October 2016 at 14:17. Reason: few corrections
Old 6th October 2016, 14:33   #1900
BHPian

How can they possibly charge extra for wheel rotation when it can be done while doing Balancing?? Am I missing something here?
Old 6th October 2016, 18:43   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keerthivasan View Post
Booked a i20 Elite CRDI Asta (O) on Monday, with a promised delivery date on Sunday. I was surprised myself, as I was expecting a much later delivery. (I think the Baleno effect is playing). I got a few freebies (which is also very rare for i20 Elite).
Hello There

I too am in the process of moving from a 2012 ford figo tdci to a 2016 Elite i20 Asta (O). It now comes with 6 airbags, projector headlamps etc. I would like to know from where you purchased the car and if the red passion color shows off swirl and scratches a lot ? My heart says Red passion but mind says Silver. Another reason is the car will be primarily driven by my Wife so i am sure there will not be any care taken on the paint

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th October 2016 at 23:55. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 6th October 2016, 19:56   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Similarly, I got the alignment done outside for a mere 400/- (balancing was not required). And my total bill was just 7130/- including mineral oil.
You need to bear the pain of standing there while your car is getting serviced else these service centers can literally loot you for no reason.
I completely agree with what you've said. I too wasn't happy about how they charged me for these trvial stuff in the garb of mandatory service procedure and costs but, I had to let go as I was not able to find any reference with other elite i20 owner's spendings on their 30k service for diesel.

May I please request you to take a snap of your service reciept and share here? I will share mine too.
Old 7th October 2016, 22:22   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree with what you've said. I
May I please request you to take a snap of your service reciept and share here? I will share mine too.
Sure Dinesh! Have attached the snapshot of my service bill. I generally get my car serviced at an interval of ~8000 kms. so this time it was due at 25K kms.

Regards,
Rahul
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-30kservice_1.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-30kservice_2.jpg  

Old 8th October 2016, 23:50   #1904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is the breakup for Hyundai Elite i20 1.4 Diesel 30,000 Kms periodic service:...

Consumables = 312

Windshield Washer = 100 Rs
Wheel Balancing = 560 Rs
Wheel Alignment = 640 Rs
Throttle Body Cleaning = 195 Rs
Wheel Rotation = 295 Rs

Coolant change labor = 230 Rs
Usual service labor charge (PMS) = 1630 Rs...
Quite a tricky bill to increase the amount.

1. What is billed under consumables?
2. The second set of items is completely unnecessary; comes to around 1800/- + taxes which should be saved.
3. Why do they charge for coolant change when there is a usual service charge? If the 30K interval suggests a coolant change, then it should be covered under the paid service labor charges.

I think you should take it with the guys and not leave them. The windshield washer capacity shouldn't be more than 3L; it's just 50/- even if you use packaged mineral water. Am sure they have used a much lesser quantity as I don't expect the reservoir to be dry.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 07:04   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

4 ltrs Shell Engine oil = 1400 Rs
The diesel takes 5.4L of engine oil IIRC.

Can you please check the manual.
toiingg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks