Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2016, 09:53   #1906
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
The diesel takes 5.4L of engine oil IIRC.

Can you please check the manual.
Found the below from the Hyundai customer care page.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundai.jpg
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 14:24   #1907
BHPian

Rahul, we think you need to check the oil level immediately.

Either they have short filled, or there a quite a few anomalies in the bill which you need to take up with the service center.
Old 13th October 2016, 12:25   #1908
BHPian

Thanks for your concern toiingg. My billing and engine oil level is correct. Dinesh you should get it checked!
Old 14th October 2016, 15:35   #1909
BHPian

Intrado : Hyundai i20 Based Funky Crossover Spied

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-hyundaiintradoconcept1720x380.jpg

Motoroids Reports :

Quote:
Based on the i20 platform, the new SUV wouldn’t be too large or capacious, but will have quirky styling and a fashionable attitude as its USPs. Designed to blend youthful styling with an outdoorsy attitude, the new Intrado concept based SUV will also boast some off-road capability. Being prepared for the US market, the car will also boast a long list of electronic driver aids.

Upon launch the new i20 based compact SUV will get a variety of petrol and diesel powerplants. Petrol power will be provided by a 1.0-litre T-GDi with about 120hp. Then there would be a 1.4-litre T-GDi petrol offering 140hp of power and 240 Nm of torque. Diesel power will be offered in the form of a 1.6-litre CRDi. Manual transmission will be taken care of by a 6-speed manual box, while auto options will be offered through a 6-speed automatic and a 7-speed dual-clutch auto. While the base variants will be FWD, there will be an AWD option with limited off-road capability for the top end variants.
Link : http://www.motoroids.com/news/hyunda...he-first-time/

How i wish we got it here in India too.

Last edited by nkghai : 14th October 2016 at 15:38.
Old 17th October 2016, 21:34   #1910
BHPian

A colleague of mine recently purchased Elite i20 Sportz (P) and it looks like the passenger airbag has been included in the Sportz variant as well which turned out to be a shocker. Is that the only feature that has been updated or is there any other feature that has been added?

TIA
Old 17th October 2016, 21:42   #1911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
A colleague of mine recently purchased Elite i20 Sportz (P) and it looks like the passenger airbag has been included in the Sportz variant as well which turned out to be a shocker. Is that the only feature that has been updated or is there any other feature that has been added?

TIA
Dual airbags are available in Magna as well which though does not have ABS. This changed happened post the Baleno entry. I think sometime early 2016 when they also changed the matt black to gloss black on the last car pillar.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 22:04   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Dual airbags are available in Magna as well which though does not have ABS. This changed happened post the Baleno entry. I think sometime early 2016 when they also changed the matt black to gloss black on the last car pillar.
Thank you. Now Sportz look VFM compared to Asta or Asta (O) except the alloys and rear wiper
Old 17th October 2016, 22:34   #1913
BHPian

Gents, has any one replaced their interior lights with LED's? I was planning to do so but am confused of they will work properly or not.
Also are there projector headlights available for our car in the accessories market? Saw one for Verna few days back at Milan subway market.
Old 18th October 2016, 18:28   #1914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Gents, has any one replaced their interior lights with LED's? I was planning to do so but am confused of they will work properly or not.
Also are there projector headlights available for our car in the accessories market? Saw one for Verna few days back at Milan subway market.

I have replaced all interior bulbs with Philips white LEDs. Seems good. Make sure you are installing at least 1w. Osram has .5w which will look dull. Finding those bulbs will be too hard with size 30mm.
balachandran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 12:04   #1915
BHPian

Dear all, I have found the headlights of the Elite i20 quite adequate in the city after I upgraded the headlight bulbs to Osram Night Breakers Unlimited. The highway driving with Full Beam especially in the night leaves a lot to be desired. I have been planning to change the bulbs to HID + Projectors but somehow the idea of opening the headlights is just not fine with me. I have seen i20's with water in the headlights further discouraging me to take this step. But then I have been thinking of alternatives.
Came across an old thread by TSK where-in he had placed a LED bar on his Safari and he was quite satisfied with the results. That got me thinking. Why not install LED bar in the grill itself? Have a look at the image, I have indicated where the LED's should go and if they are of perfect size should fit like a tee.

My concerns for this set-up:
1. Biggest concern - Will this void manufacturer's warranty?
2. Is this setup a bit of an overdo considering that the cost might come to same as retrofitting projectors.
3. Since the lights will not be used in the city I feel the cops will be bit less enthusiast in pulling the car on the side.
4. Will this setup last? I have read mixed reviews about LED's with some saying it really lasts long & some contradicting the claim completely.
5. What about the light sputtering (if that is the term) during rains? Will it be affected?
6. Battery & alternator - Will they be able to take the load especially during long highway runs when they will be continuous use.

Any other tips & suggestions are most welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-grill.jpg  

Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 16:12   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balachandran View Post
I have replaced all interior bulbs with Philips white LEDs. Seems good. Make sure you are installing at least 1w. Osram has .5w which will look dull. Finding those bulbs will be too hard with size 30mm.
Hi! Can you please post a picture with lights on, if possible?

Thanks in advance!
Old 20th October 2016, 18:14   #1917

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Hi! Can you please post a picture with lights on, if possible?

Thanks in advance!
Sure!
I took these pictures just now around 5:45pm.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1287.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1289.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1290.jpg  

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_1291.jpg  

balachandran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 22:07   #1918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I have been planning to change the bulbs to HID + Projectors but somehow the idea of opening the headlights is just not fine with me.
I am in the same boat but thinking of doing the retrofit this winter.

I am not in position to comment on the LED setup you have mentioned but will elaborate on the projector setup.

With the stock halogens, the limiting factor is not the bulb but the reflector. A high performance bulb can only do so much. As far as concerns with opening of headlights are concerned, I think it has to be done carefully or get the job done at some professional shop. There are a few TBhpians who have done the retrofit and are doing fine even a couple of years later. Another thing to consider is that the halogen projector setup in the i20 Active is atleast worth 30k (link). So far, I think none has reported on TeamBhp to have done the swap because it will entail wiring harness change as well which will cost another 3 to 4k and will be a tedious job.

On the other hand, HID kit from Theretrofitsource with Morimoto projectors will cost anywhere between 25 to 40k depending on the how one is customizing and will be a far better performer than the halogen projectors of the i20 Active setup.

Last edited by sidhu_hs : 20th October 2016 at 22:15.
sidhu_hs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 14:24   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balachandran View Post
Sure!
I took these pictures just now around 5:45pm.
Wow, this is bright, can you share any link of this product? I'd like to install this in my i20
Old 22nd October 2016, 07:03   #1920

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Wow, this is bright, can you share any link of this product? I'd like to install this in my i20

These bulbs are known as festoon bulbs. Philips has stopped marketing this bulb in India but you can get it from Amazon. I actually got from Germany but same is available in India too. You may require 2 bulbs for the front maps light (it's called so I don't know why), one for the rear passenger side and one for the boot totally 4. I changed the boot light to higher watts which I brought from China from a company which makes bulbs for leading company but the product is very good and bright and moreover very cheap. They also gave 10yrs warranty. But Philips comes with life time warranty. All bulbs are of same size only that's is 30mm length. Make sure you are verifying the size before buying. Don't buy with multi adapter which can be fitted in almost all cars since the wires might block the light.
Following is the link from Amazon India,
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NF7WP94/..._I0RcybXFBE3DX

Cheers!
balachandran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks