Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 09:18   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Re: New i20 features

The spread of variants is much better now and the new Asta (O) is indeed a great pick! But they should have added ABS across the range. Even with a slight hike in price, we are all the more better with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
While the specs don't mention EBD explicitly, I would be very surprised that EBD is absent but ABS is standard. Most of the cars today have EBD along with ABS as EBD is a subsystem of the ABS module.

This can be double confirmed but I highly doubt EBD is not part of the ABS package in any of today's cars.
It will be great if we can get this confirmed. VW too doesn't mention EBD along with ABS. And Hyundai does mention ABS+EBD for the Creta, but not for the i20.

Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review-img_20160118_100706722.jpg
Old 19th January 2016, 15:16   #1412
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Knowing if EBD is included with ABS would always be good to know.
However, did anybody find the braking lousy ? For me its always been very sharp and confidence inspiring and never really felt it is lacking in the braking department even though now rear discs are missing. Maybe its just me !

Personally I would have loved the Electronic Stability program offered in the European 2015 i20 models than the parking ticket holder slot provided in its place in India.

Also, now that ABS + airbags is being pushed across all trims, I really hope electronic stability is seen in more hatchbacks (Atleast in the top trims).
Old 20th January 2016, 10:26   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Also, now that ABS + airbags is being pushed across all trims, I really hope electronic stability is seen in more hatchbacks (Atleast in the top trims).
ABS is still not available across all trims. Only airbags are standard
Old 20th January 2016, 11:35   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
However, did anybody find the braking lousy ? For me its always been very sharp and confidence inspiring and never really felt it is lacking in the braking department even though now rear discs are missing.
Yeah, thumbs up on that. Braking has been crisp for me.
Old 20th January 2016, 12:31   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
However, did anybody find the braking lousy ? For me its always been very sharp and confidence inspiring and never really felt it is lacking in the braking department even though now rear discs are missing. Maybe its just me !

Personally I would have loved the Electronic Stability program offered in the European 2015 i20 models than the parking ticket holder slot provided in its place in India.

I infact found the braking seriously lacking - maybe because I was coming to the i20 after the Skoda Rapid, which has excellent brakes. However even our City had better brakes than the i20, Hyundai needs to seriously work on the pedal feel and put in discs all around.

For all the creature comforts in the i20, Hyundai has cheapened out on the essentials - good braking, airbags and underwhelming engines (the petrol).
Old 20th January 2016, 12:54   #1416
BHPian

@udainxs what I really meant was this general culture where ABS and airbags are being pushed in all trims slowly by different manufacturers. As a result even i20 saw recent addition of airbags across trims. Wasn't very clear in my previous message. Thanks for pointing it out.

Actually, such mass production of similar units across trims would make production of cars cheaper for manufacturers too. Had read somewhere that base trim era model was not the cheapest for Hyundai in terms of production because of many such differences. It was more of a figurative model to differentiate and bring down the starting price of car in market.
Old 20th January 2016, 13:04   #1417
BHPian

Guys I need some help/info regarding the second service for my i20 diesel. Can you guys tell me that what all things are done in the second service and also what type of engine oil is used? (Synthetic/Non Synthetic)
My car went for the second service yesterday and I got a call that it's ready and the service charge is 7K something. And on top of that this does not include wheel alignment and tire balancing as I decided to get it done at any local Bridgestone or similar shop.
The guy on the phone told me that they have used synthetic oil and cleaned sensors (sensor cleaning is some 500 bucks). What is this sensor cleaning? Do you find something fishy here and can you please let me know how much engine oil is required for the Elite i20 diesel.
Usually what I have read on the forum and other forums is that the cost is around 4-5K. But how come mine is 7K plus?
Old 20th January 2016, 14:29   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
Guys I need some help/info regarding the second service for my i20 diesel. Can you guys tell me that what all things are done in the second service and also what type of engine oil is used? (Synthetic/Non Synthetic)
My car went for the second service yesterday and I got a call that it's ready and the service charge is 7K something. And on top of that this does not include wheel alignment and tire balancing as I decided to get it done at any local Bridgestone or similar shop.
The guy on the phone told me that they have used synthetic oil and cleaned sensors (sensor cleaning is some 500 bucks). What is this sensor cleaning? Do you find something fishy here and can you please let me know how much engine oil is required for the Elite i20 diesel.
Usually what I have read on the forum and other forums is that the cost is around 4-5K. But how come mine is 7K plus?

Are you telling about the 10000 kilometer service or the 20000 kilometer service?

For me, the 10000 kilometer service costed me ~ Rs. 1900
That is for the 5.2 Litres of Castrol CRDI Mineral oil &
Washer fluid for sprinkler (Rs. 30)
Air filter (I dont remember exactly Rs. 200 approx)
I clearly mentioned them not to do any other work without consulting with me! Wheel Aligning & Balancing was not done!

If it is the 20000 kilometer service, it will cost you 1900+2000 odd as the fuel filter in i20s come around Rs. 2000. So total price would be ~ Rs. 4000

Now if they had used synthetic Shell oil, price would be Around 6000 for the 10000 km service and would be around 8000 for the 20000 km service. Also, they wont use the synthetic shell oil unless urged by the customer for that. Hyundai's default oil is castrol crdi oil.
Old 20th January 2016, 14:51   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
7k is too much. Never heard of sensor cleaning. The only sensor i know is the climate/temperature/daylight sensor on the dash. Is it something related to the ECU but not sure that requires servicing, only calibration required (rarely) and should not be a costly affair.
Wheel balancing and alignment are charged separately. Second servicing involves topping up of engine oil and any other servicing that is required. Usually the HASS should inform you in advance about the costs involved and if you agree to get that done. Mine was done in 2600 rupees. There were no issues to fix or replace.
I'll try to get the details of engine oil used, from them.
BTW, my ride has gotten a bit peppy after the second service.

Details
Distilled Water. 17.8
Engine Oil (Gasoline 3.5). 961.2
Alloy Wheel weights1 48.6
Alloy Wheel weights2. 44.4
Alloy Wheel weights3. 53.3
Alloy Wheel weights4. 16
Alloy Wheel weights5. 26.7
Filter Assy Engine Oil. 85.3
Windshield wash. 18.5

VAT. 152.616

Wheel balancing. 460
Alignment. 560

Service Tax. 142.8
SB Cess. 5.1

Total (rounded): 2600

Last edited by anoop_gkris : 20th January 2016 at 15:15.
Old 20th January 2016, 18:03   #1420
BHPian

I just reviewed the pdf brochure,it seems like the brochure is not updated with airbag update.
Has anyone visited showroom in this year and confirmed the change roll out?
Old 20th January 2016, 18:55   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I just reviewed the pdf brochure,it seems like the brochure is not updated with airbag update.
Has anyone visited showroom in this year and confirmed the change roll out?
The 2016 cars are yet to reach dealers. The pricing is also not out yet
Old 20th January 2016, 23:36   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
In winters, with the climate control in 'Auto' mode the AC will not be on all the time. Depends on the outside temperature.

If u want to check if climate control is working normal, when u see the AC gone off, just reduce the Temperature and you'll see the light on the right side knob coming back on.

Nothing to worry about
Hi,

Had visited Hyundai today. They confirmed it to be a actual problem and also rectified the same with resetting the Air Conditioned accetuator (hope I am right with the 'part' name).

According to Hyundai and even my experience of the car for last 10 months, the following stands true for elite i20 AC function with ACC:

1. The AC when directly switched on with ACC 'ON', results in sending a gush of air from all vents for 1-2 seconds and then the air continues to blow from just the body facing vents for rest of the period (until the ambient temperature is below 20 degrees).

2. The ACC functions optimally at 23° celcius. 95% of the time it will throw air only from the body facing air vents (dashboard) and not others. It conditions the air (cold and warm both) based on your temprature input

3. The ACC will remain on even when you change the following:
- The circulation mode
- Temprature
- Rear defogger

4. The ACC will stop functioning and AC will become manual in the following case:
- You change direction of air
- You press front defrost button
- You change air flow speed
- You press OFF button

5. Usually, The ACC won't shut off the AC at any point of time of its operation. But, yes it depends on your ambient temperature outside and there can be variations to this

6. Manual Mode:
- rotating knob towards lowered temprature will get you cold air
- rotating knob towards higher temprature will get you warm/hot water
- Air flow can be changed on will
- Air flow vent direction can be chanhed at will
- Front and Back, both defogger can be managed through this
- It must take cut offs to maintain temprature during cold times frequently and during warm periods regulary

The Ionizer is uselless.
Old 24th January 2016, 15:44   #1423
BHPian

After searching for a good hatchback , checking the baleno and Jazz i finally booked my Ei20 Sports 2016 yesterday. I found it to be the right car that checks all the boxes with minimum compromises. The 2016 now has dual airbags in sports variant and all the other bells and whistles that money can buy in this range.

The car shall be delivered the coming week and i had certain questions which i would request you all to please enlighten me on so that the plethora of thoughts i have are put to rest. :

1. Since the sports variant does not have alloy wheels, i am looking forward for aftermarket alloys preferably 16 inch. to be shod on the car. Is the quality difference between after market & original alloys huge?

2. I wish to put the best rubber on the car for sheer comfort and minimum noise and till now based on the reviews i have zeroed in the Michelin Primacy 3ST (205/55/R16). Any other tyre that you may please recommend.

3. How long is the " run in " period and what are the precautions to be taken during the run in?

4. Since i always use tbhp recommended PDI checklist, is their anything specific i should check for this vehicle.

Request you all to enlighten me on the above and also add any info. that could prove handy to me.
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 17:42   #1424
BHPian

How much is it costing you NST440?
Are they giving any kind of discount on New Elite I20?
Old 24th January 2016, 18:30   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST440 View Post
After searching for a good hatchback , checking the baleno and Jazz i finally booked my Ei20 Sports 2016 yesterday

Quote:
1. Since the sports variant does not have alloy wheels, i am looking forward for aftermarket alloys preferably 16 inch. to be shod on the car. Is the quality difference between after market & original alloys huge?

2. I wish to put the best rubber on the car for sheer comfort and minimum noise and till now based on the reviews i have zeroed in the Michelin Primacy 3ST (205/55/R16). Any other tyre that you may please recommend.
1. Unless you plan to take the car to its limits, any alloy wheel (with right size and offset) from known alloy wheel manufacturers would suffice.

2. For out and out comfort, put on Michelin XM2 205/60R15 on Xcent alloys (I think Xcent alloys are 6J but check offset for fitment on Elite.). If you want to go for Primacy 3ST, 195/60R15 or 205/55 R16, both seem fine.

Quote:
4. Since i always use tbhp recommended PDI checklist, is their anything specific i should check for this vehicle.
4. Don't forget to check tyre pressure, as it is usually jacked up all the way to 50 psi sometimes. Deflate to recommended levels.
sidhu_hs is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks