Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 22:09   #1591
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
My car is a Oct 2014 model and has clocked 36k kms so far. As you have rightly pointed out, let me check the battery condition when i visit the service center this weekend and get it inspected.
You could check with the car headlights. A weak headlight could mean a weak battery. Also, i remember during my biking days, a weak battery would always mean my meter readings would seem possessed by an evil witch. Going up & down, mostly when you have your indicator on or your horn even. Battery is a good starting point in my opinion.

On a parallel thread, my elite, now ~7K Kms old seems to have an issue with the AC. Not in terms of cooling, but i feel the fan sound has increased all of a sudden. Its a distinctive mild rattling sound. Any ideas or experiences with this? Before i hit the service station and am provided a lame reason, would like the viewpoint of our experts.
AveekKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 23:31   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
On a parallel thread, my elite, now ~7K Kms old seems to have an issue with the AC. Not in terms of cooling, but i feel the fan sound has increased all of a sudden. Its a distinctive mild rattling sound. Any ideas or experiences with this? Before i hit the service station and am provided a lame reason, would like the viewpoint of our experts.
You could try removing and cleaning the AC Filter located behind the glovebox. A similar issue occured in my car where there was a consistent "Whine" coming from the AC vents at higher fan speeds. It almost sounded like a vaccum cleaner. Turns out the SVC guys didn't colse the filter latch properly. The leaking air caused that mind numbing whistle.

For a start, it would be a good idea to clean the filter and check if the sound persists. There might be some seeds or twigs stuck in the filter mesh and could start rattling when there is a flow of air in the vents.

Last edited by bblost : 12th April 2016 at 23:51. Reason: fixed tag
Old 13th April 2016, 00:25   #1593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
.....On a parallel thread, my elite, now ~7K Kms old seems to have an issue with the AC. Not in terms of cooling, but i feel the fan sound has increased all of a sudden. Its a distinctive mild rattling sound. Any ideas or experiences with this? Before i hit the service station and am provided a lame reason, would like the viewpoint of our experts.
If there is no cabin filter, it might be some leaves which may be got entangled in the blower. It gives a mild rattle like noise and increases the blower noise too.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 09:58   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
You could check with the car headlights. A weak headlight could mean a weak battery. Also, i remember during my biking days, a weak battery would always mean my meter readings would seem possessed by an evil witch. Going up & down, mostly when you have your indicator on or your horn even. Battery is a good starting point in my opinion.

Thanks AveekKumar

Regarding the fan sound issue in your car, this happens with me too when the AC is in auto mode and gradually decreases when it reaches the set temperature but no rattling sound heard. The only solution, i got used to it

Quote:

Earlier i used to always hear rattling noise during running and i couldn't figure out this issue at all. Even the ASS guys did everything they could, but no luck. This continued for almost 5-6 months and finally the culprit was my sunglass kept in the glass holder next to rear view mirror and has caused the vibration when the glass touches the wall while driving

Please check if you have anything in the sunglass holder that causes these sort of vibration.

Last edited by Eddy : 16th April 2016 at 00:28. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 13th April 2016, 15:15   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunabatata View Post
You could try removing and cleaning the AC Filter located behind the glovebox. A similar issue occured in my car where there was a consistent "Whine" coming from the AC vents at higher fan speeds. It almost sounded like a vaccum cleaner. Turns out the SVC guys didn't colse the filter latch properly. The leaking air caused that mind numbing whistle.

For a start, it would be a good idea to clean the filter and check if the sound persists. There might be some seeds or twigs stuck in the filter mesh and could start rattling when there is a flow of air in the vents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If there is no cabin filter, it might be some leaves which may be got entangled in the blower. It gives a mild rattle like noise and increases the blower noise too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
This continued for almost 5-6 months and finally the culprit was my sunglass kept in the glass holder next to rear view mirror and has caused the vibration when the glass touches the wall while driving
Thanks ssengo, swiftnfurious & hakunabatata for your inputs. My sunglass holder is empty, so nothing to do there. Will check with the AC filter for sure once i am back.
Old 15th April 2016, 23:29   #1596

Has anyone tried adjusting the inside rear view mirror? Is it adjustable or one has to adjust the seat height to get the desired rear view in the iRVM?

I always feel apprehensive about getting it broken and have never applied force to adjust it.

Old 16th April 2016, 01:23   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-06 View Post
Has anyone tried adjusting the inside rear view mirror? Is it adjustable or one has to adjust the seat height to get the desired rear view in the iRVM?

I always feel apprehensive about getting it broken and have never applied force to adjust it.

You can easily adjust it with your hand.
Old 16th April 2016, 08:52   #1598

The beep sound that comes from reverse parking sensor system has suddenly stopped working from yesterday. I can see the car image with sensing symbols in the mini screen of instrument cluster when reversing, but no beep sound.
Can someone please throw some light on what might have gone wrong?
Old 17th April 2016, 00:55   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makk View Post
The beep sound that comes from reverse parking sensor system has suddenly stopped working from yesterday. I can see the car image with sensing symbols in the mini screen of instrument cluster when reversing, but no beep sound.
Time to Visit nearest Hyundai ASC, I guess. It has to beep!
Old 17th April 2016, 02:19   #1600
BHPian

Hi Guys,

What mileage should I expect from my ACTIVE SX(O) CRDI,I just got the first service done it's giving me 13 KMPL in bangalore traffic with AC set to auto full time.
I think its on the lower side, Please advise.

Regards,
Nitin
Old 17th April 2016, 09:42   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nits83 View Post
Hi Guys,

What mileage should I expect from my ACTIVE SX(O) CRDI,I just got the first service done it's giving me 13 KMPL in bangalore traffic with AC set to auto full time.
I think its on the lower side, Please advise.

Regards,
Nitin
I am getting the same as well. On the highway I am getting 19.

Any recommendations for service center as 1st service is due today? how long did it take?
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 11:15   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
I am getting the same as well. On the highway I am getting 19.

Any recommendations for service center as 1st service is due today? how long did it take?
Thanks

I give it at Trident near Jakkasandra or Near Domlur bridge. I feel the Jakkasandra one is bit better as there are lesser vehicles there

Last edited by bblost : 17th April 2016 at 13:35. Reason: Removed unnecessary ....
Nits83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 21:34   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by makk View Post

The simplest explanation would be that the wires connected to the buzzer have some sort of loose contact or have come off.

Alternatively, Do you park your car in areas with lot of rodents (Rats, Mongooses) around ? There's a slim chance that they might have taken a bite out of the wires, if that's the case.

The best thing to do would be to take it to the ASC.
Old 18th April 2016, 15:50   #1604
BHPian

I have a trip to Goa coming up this weekend. It will also me my first major road trip (I've done Pune - Mahabaleshwar before, but that took ~3 hours) with my beauty. Considering the second mandatory service is to be done at 10K kms, and my car is at ~7K at the moment, is it beneficial to take my car to the ASC for a general checkup before my drive. I have no complaints or issues with the car as yet.
Old 18th April 2016, 16:07   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
I have a trip to Goa coming up this weekend. It will also me my first major road trip (I've done Pune - Mahabaleshwar before, but that took ~3 hours) with my beauty. Considering the second mandatory service is to be done at 10K kms, and my car is at ~7K at the moment, is it beneficial to take my car to the ASC for a general checkup before my drive. I have no complaints or issues with the car as yet.
If there's no problem with the car then just a basic DIY will help.

Pop up the hood
1. Check Engine Oil level
2. Coolant level
3. Brake Fluid
4. Inspect Air Filter Element and clean it
5. Wash the car's wheels/tyres to remove brake dust.
6. Check Tyre Pressure
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks