Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2015, 21:46   #331
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Test drove the NG scorpio and felt that it is very sturdy with a very refined engine. I have been a sedan user for over 60k kms driving a lancer, felt very comfortable driving the scorpio. Hopefully will add one more to the traffic!
Old 22nd May 2015, 11:07   #332
Team-BHP Support

Two questions:
  • Any of you know how to turn off the service request reminder? Technician on phone said to keep both set & mode button & to switch off and switch on the ignition. Hasn't worked yet. Will have to go in person to get this attended.
  • And any of you got the spare/5th tire as alloy, the OE one? Price & fitment. Any issues?
Thanks
Old 22nd May 2015, 17:55   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Two questions:
  • Any of you know how to turn off the service request reminder? Technician on phone said to keep both set & mode button & to switch off and switch on the ignition. Hasn't worked yet. Will have to go in person to get this attended.
  • And any of you got the spare/5th tire as alloy, the OE one? Price & fitment. Any issues?
Thanks
Sheel, please procedure below-
  1. Switch off the car
  2. Press the mode button for 3-5 sec in the off position
  3. Turn on the ignition
  4. Bingo- it should work

OE 5th wheel is a steel wheel on all s10's. Not yet available with moth dealers in the spares stock. It is around 13+tax per wheel. You can get some cash back if we return the steel wheel perhaps. Fit the tyre, balance and pull back to position.
Miyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2015, 08:36   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
OE 5th wheel is a steel wheel on all s10's. Not yet available with moth dealers in the spares stock. It is around 13+tax per wheel.
SD Automobiles delhi is having it in stock and is selling it for 18k. But the dealer suggested me that I shouldn't buy it.
Old 24th May 2015, 11:36   #335
BHPian

I really like the new generation scorpio and might be booking one soon (considering ertiga/scorpio/xuv). Like the scorpio for its ladder on frame abuse friendly structure, most of my drives would be in himalayas from south. A quick question.

How competent is the 4wd system? Since the electromagnetic actuator is placed low how reliable would it be for water crossing (otherwise I would consider a 2wd).

Otherwise, how competent is the 2wd scorpio. I know many members here have taken their 2wd safaris and scorpios to himalayas, just wanted your opinion on the capabilities of the NG scorpio.

Also, how is the ride and handling of the 2wd one, and the mileage.

Last edited by sumannandy : 24th May 2015 at 11:40.
Old 24th May 2015, 11:43   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I really like the new generation scorpio and might be booking one soon (considering ertiga/scorpio/xuv)..
Considering that you have a Safari, why not the Storme 4WD, with the launch of the refreshed version now imminent? Of course, the alternative is only applicable if you are going to book a Scorpio S10 4WD, not the S4+ 4WD.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 25th May 2015, 10:10   #337
BHPian

Quote:
I really like the new generation scorpio and might be booking one soon (considering ertiga/scorpio/xuv). .
You may check out the facelift XUV, being launched today. Its a great deal not to ignore. Scorpio is definitely a good choice. There has been a huge improvement compared to its earlier versions! I believe, ertiga, though a good vehicle, will not fall into your line of comparison!

Follow XUV launch @ http://www.mahindraxuv500.com. I am for Scorpio 4WD!
Old 25th May 2015, 11:37   #338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
Sheel, please procedure below-
  1. Switch off the car
  2. Press the mode button for 3-5 sec in the off position
  3. Turn on the ignition
  4. Bingo- it should work
This doesn't seem to work. Have tried a couple of times or am I doing something wrong?

Quote:
OE 5th wheel is a steel wheel on all s10's. Not yet available with moth dealers in the spares stock. It is around 13+tax per wheel. You can get some cash back if we return the steel wheel perhaps. Fit the tyre, balance and pull back to position.
Will query and get this one if available.
Old 29th May 2015, 13:44   #339
BHPian

Hello All,
The New Scorpio has the Auto locking hubs that are concealed in the front axles whereas on the older ones the hubs were clearly visible.

My Question:- Can free wheeling hubs be installed on the new S4+ 4wd & S10 4wd?

My friend is looking for a 4wd tourer & hence this query.

Pics for reference:-
New Scorpio 4wd
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_0018.jpg

Old Scorpio 4wd
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-img_6997.jpg

I hope the respective owners don't have any issue for putting up pics of their cars.

Thanks & Regards,
Varun
Old 30th May 2015, 18:41   #340
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How competent is the 4wd system? Since the electromagnetic actuator is placed low how reliable would it be for water crossing (otherwise I would consider a 2wd).

Otherwise, how competent is the 2wd scorpio. I know many members here have taken their 2wd safaris and scorpios to himalayas, just wanted your opinion on the capabilities of the NG scorpio.
How many times, is there a firm/hard land at a water crossing?

The remedies which I have read online [from what I remember is]

#To keep the 4WD mode activated
# And that when the actuator gets splashed with water, let it driy up, it starts to function normally
Old 14th June 2015, 19:53   #341
BHPian

Hi folks. The New Scorpio looks the part in Black color. There has been a lot of new Scorpios driven around in my work location (IT Park) and usually manage to look at many Scorpios up close. The first thing that strikes me is that aggressive front fascia and generally good paint quality, fit and finish of the front and sides of the car. The rear has huge gaps especially near the rear door latches and looks totally odd. The interiors looked cool though the doorpads could have been better.

Here is my interesting observation,There are many speed breakers in my tech park and whenever a CRDe Scorpio/old mHawk Scorpio goes over a speed breaker, I can significantly notice the nose drive when braking towards the speed breaker and also the sharp kick that jolts the rear of the car. However, most new gen Scorpio owners do not slow down as slowly as the old Scorpio and they simply glide over the breakers without much of a drama. There was also considerably less nose dive when braking. The new Scorpio also sounds quieter than old mHawk Scorpios too from the outside. But the most impressive thing is, whenever I go back home in my office cab at night, I always drool at the new Scorpio's LED guide lights and those lovely rear lamps that have a LED like D shape to it. It looks very cool at night. Just posting my general observations of my everyday roadside sightings in my work area.
Old 15th June 2015, 06:25   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
My Question:- Can free wheeling hubs be installed on the new S4+ 4wd & S10 4wd?Varun
Hi Varun, most newer 4x4 SUVs such as Fortuner, Prado, Endevaour etc, come with the axle disconnect system for the front axles instead of traditional free wheeling hubs. There is no point in adding Free Wheeling hubs as the new system does exactly the same thing by freeing the front axles from rotating continuously. Besides, with positive off-set rims that come int he Scorpio, you hubs are likely to get hammered on a rock when you go off-road unless you change to negative off-set alloys.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 18:25   #343
BHPian

There are very less number of ownership reports of the new gen Scorpio. Hardly, I could see only one report in team-bhp. Probably I am wrong since I am new comer to this community, my searching skills are bad.

I am looking for an upgrade from a 5 year old Ritz VdI to something better and around 9-13 L bracket. Now that the diesel vs petrol prices are almost the same, I prefer the petrol cars. Driving a lagging diesel powered car in city is bit difficult unless you get experienced to it. Petrol cars drive silently and without much fuss.

Though, the new gen scoprio is a diesel one, it appeals me a lot. But none of my cousins, friends or (blood) relations have a Scorpio or never owned one. So I am pretty new. Getting a test drive vehicle to my office premises is also a nightmare. Everytime, I register on the Mahindra site and I get a call immediately and they say they will arrange for a test drive but that did not even materialize.

My family is a big size family with 4 adults and 2 growing up kids.

So overall, where can I get some owners feedback of the new gen Scorpio.
Is it worth buying with this much money ?

Please advise.
Old 20th June 2015, 11:20   #344
Team-BHP Support

The steering wheel of the 4WD is noticeably heavier and appears good to steer than your featherlight steering in the 2WD one. Appears as they are from two different cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post

A clearer picture will emerge after you have a detailed TD of the Scorpio or any other contender of your choice.

I have been seeing Scorpios being used as a family vehicle and I myself am using two of them. One in my immediate family & one extended.

In all honesty, if you do not need the 4X4, please have a TD of the top-end Xylo, might not appeal look wise but if very comfortable as a family MUV.
Old 20th June 2015, 13:49   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Though, the new gen scoprio is a diesel one, it appeals me a lot. Getting a test drive vehicle to my office premises is also a nightmare. Everytime, I register on the Mahindra site and I get a call immediately and they say they will arrange for a test drive but that did not even materialize.

Hi

I have upgraded from a sedan (read sx4) to the NG Scorpio 2wd S10 and believe me, I'm enjoying every bit of it.

The commanding view of the road, the sheer presence of the SUV felt by the behaviour of other drivers (though I hate bullying hatch n sedan people and so I never do that) the pleasure of driving in city as well as on long drives on highways.... oh my god. The list is endless and it goes on and on and on.

It is a wonderful vehicle and I'd complete value for money.

You must take a test drive and then decide it yourself. If you are facing difficulties in getting it done through the online channel, I suggest you search for the contact numbers of a mahindra dealer near your office and call them directly. As per my experience, you will surely have a test drive vehicle by the end of the day.

Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks