Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2015, 16:13   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Website has been updated and it says S4+ and S4+ 4WD comes with Driver + Passenger airbags as standard along with ABS.
Dealers are clueless about this option, so I have emailed Mahindra Customer Care and waiting for their response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuMacher View Post
I can see S4+ and S4+4WD to be a success (People looking for basic mHawk + safety).
Absolutely man. I too think the same. I hate the bells and whistles in the mhawk range as they are more trouble that worth. Secondly, for me it is a farm/work vehicle which needs to carry 7 people and will be mostly driver dirven. This is the most VFM 4x4 vehicle out there as of now.
Old 9th January 2015, 19:01   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
S4+ 4x4

Fellow Bhpians

Yes, it is True S4+ with 4WD is available. Finally a reasonably priced family 4x4 Tourer without the unnecessary electronic gizmos. The beauty is that it doesn't even have one of those crappy OEM music systems, so you can actually install a decent one.

Dealer still has no clue and doesn't know the price. Will be booking one as soon as dealer has the details.

Regards,
Tini
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-gmail-mahindra-scorpio-s4-4wd-option1.jpg  

4x4addict is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 19:33   #198
Senior - BHPian

Re: S4+ 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Fellow Bhpians, Yes, it is True S4+ with 4WD is available. Finally a reasonably priced family 4x4 Tourer without the unnecessary electronic gizmos. The beauty is that it doesn't even have one of those crappy OEM music systems, so you can actually install a decent one.
Plus unpainted Black cladding, not body coloured! Will save the vehicle from being adorned with umpteen scratches on it.

What colour are you going to choose?

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 22:06   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Pricing details of the new variants has been disclosed by ICB:

S4 = 9,30,000

*new* S4+ = 9,70,000

*new* S4+ 4WD = 10,83,000

*new* S6+ = 10,75,000

(all prices ex-showroom, Delhi)

Official website is yet to be updated.

Details - ICB
Old 9th January 2015, 23:30   #200
BHPian

Ex showroom prices available on website. I see an increase of around 3 to 4 percent compared to last year price. On road difference will be more. Safety package costs around 50 k ex showroom. Why Mahindra did not had s4 plus to begin with?
Old 10th January 2015, 01:01   #201
BANNED

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Subtle changes in the moniker, but the S4 and S4+ have a few more differences than just the airbags and ABS e.g. the window switches are in the door (I particularly like this), follow me home headlights, auto door locking etc. The difference of 40k is very well justified.

Going for the S4+ tomorrow and hopefully will have one by the first week of February (coming back to city then, or else could have got earlier). Have been waiting for an option like this, and IMHO the game has just been taken that much far away from the Storme. Tata can't get it any sooner now.

Last edited by methecupid : 10th January 2015 at 01:03.
Old 10th January 2015, 20:16   #202
BHPian

This is indeed the best news I have heard this year from our Indian motor industry.

I immediately called the local dealer today after reading autocar, but as usual they had no idea.

Can any of you please post the on road price of the vehicle in Bangalore, either from India Garage or Shireesh.

If I am buying, it will have to be from KA due to new KA RTO rules, which are strict for outside vehicles.

Please also share some information about which colours the S+will be available in. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 12th January 2015, 17:26   #203
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The dealers in Pune too have no clue about the S4+, every dealer I called up thought I got confused with S6+
Old 12th January 2015, 22:30   #204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post

Please also share some information about which colours the S+will be available in. Thanks in advance guys.

All the five colors are available on S4+. I just booked myself one in the blue shade and the invoice received for my first payment specified the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The dealers in Pune too have no clue about the S4+, every dealer I called up thought I got confused with S6+

Neither did the ones in Mumbai. Infact most of the information related to the additional features and price was flowing for my end to them. Another thing told by the dealer was that there was some confusion relating to the prices of the specific model and that they were calculating them right now. (Some official email was received by the dealer today).

Will update the forum with the necessary information tomorrow when they expect it to be formally out.
Old 13th January 2015, 18:27   #205
BANNED

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Finally received a formal notification of prices of the plus variants in Mumbai. However there still remains some ambiguity with respect to 4wd options. According to the dealer, it is available on both S4 and S4+ variants, however, if we go by the feature list on Mahindra website, the optional 4wd should be there only for S4+.

Can't upload picture of the price list for some weird reason, but the S4+ 4wd and S6+ in Mumbai are both priced similarly at 13L OTR; S4+ is at 11.6L OTR.

Mods: Apologies for back to back posts. Kindly merge if required.

Last edited by methecupid : 13th January 2015 at 18:32.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 10:08   #206
Senior - BHPian

Yes a very noticeable and prominent gear stick vibration is still very much there.
Old 23rd January 2015, 19:24   #207
BHPian

Went in for the first service-5095KM on the odo.

All oils replaced on my request + Oil Filter. I always do this as there will be filing from running in.

In Addition-
Problem 1- SoP replacement of Drums
I had a problem with the brakes pulsating at any speed and was initially happy that the ABS is on redbull. Later it started to get uncomfortable and also scary as the car would shake and shudder in high speed braking and also a rumbling vibration through the cabin at 100KMPH. I did mention to this to the SA and they quietly replaced the Drum. Apparently all cars with some yellow marking on the drum have been send replacement drums as an when they come in. I thing they have a balancing problem and have fixed it. We all know the importance of "Balancing of a rotating Mass". This is the SOP for all cars from this batch.

Problem 2 -SoP wire sleeve fitment
The OBU was removed and a wire sleeve of about 3 inches was put over some exposed wires, tape on both sides and clipped with a plastic tie. This is also the SOP for all cars form this batch.

Finally the Service Alert was reset with the dash reset button and the due alert was gone. Strangely, all setting in the HU were also gone- Time, Date, Radio Stations ect. Looks like this is a full reboot. I have some pictures below for those of you who may want to check for their batch numbers of this problem.

Otherwise, the engine has become so quite that I tried to crank it when it was running... . Transmission also feels better and second gear falls without too much negotiation.

Getting better with age is what I would sum it up as.

Cheers to all NG Scorpio Owners....!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-old-drums.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-sleeve.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-wire-sleeve-position.jpg  

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-new-drums.jpg  

Miyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 11:38   #208
BHPian

I found this Scorpio with a TC plate on Thane- Belapur road near Rabale going towards belapur.

Note: Clicked while stationary at a signal.
Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-20150124_104038.jpg

It was full of people. Is it a delivery driver picking up people or is it a test vehicle?

A colleague of mine saw Suzuki Ciaz with TC plates and plastic covers on seats being filled with people.

My assumption is the drivers who drop the car from the Yard to showroom try and pick people to earn a quick buck.

Or am I missing something?

Harshad

Edit: Oops it might also be someone taking delivery on TC plates, didn't overtake so don't know if it was decorated up front.

PS: Hope I have placed it in the right thread.

Last edited by Slick : 24th January 2015 at 11:41.
Old 24th January 2015, 12:47   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I found this Scorpio with a TC plate on Thane- Belapur road near Rabale going towards belapur.
|
|
It is most probably a demo car.. I can also see stickers of the dealer on the top so maybe a group was taking a test drive.
Old 24th January 2015, 17:23   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyer View Post
I have some pictures below for those of you who may want to check for their batch numbers of this problem.

Getting better with age is what I would sum it up as.

Cheers to all NG Scorpio Owners....!!!!
Thanks Miyer, Can you detail which batches have issues . Yes agree its getting better with Kms added. I am waiting for my first service to be done. Hope to feel the change post that.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th January 2015 at 22:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks