Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2014, 11:47   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Your car should have been in the production que or should have been produced already. Ask for a VIN no.
My ETA is 15/12/'14. I will go to the dealer in a day or two. Will try to get VIN then.
Old 15th November 2014, 09:14   #122
Team-BHP Support

And I was not wrong. Drove my (native place's) Scorpio for 700 kms yesterday. 350 kms one way, without any stoppage (both times)

This is what I wanted, something which I can drive at 90-110kmph without batting an eyelid or feeling fatigued. That seating position is enjoyed in ladder on frame SUV's (For me)

Got a stupendous fuel economy of 13.8kmpl (tankful to tankful) The next generation has improved economy.

Can't wait for my S10 4X4. As per information received, it has left the plant and should adorn my garage by the end of this month.
Sheel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 09:40   #123
Senior - BHPian

Guys here are the official prices both ex-showroom and on-road for Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.

Name:  Kolkata Delhi.PNG
Views: 23662
Size:  32.4 KB

Name:  Mumbai Chennai.PNG
Views: 21107
Size:  25.4 KB

Last edited by S2!!! : 21st November 2014 at 10:03.
S2!!! is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 21:52   #124
BHPian

Would look forward to see the review of S10 4wd . I own a NG Scorpio S10 for last one month. Was in dilemma whether to go for S10 4wd or 2wd . Thanks to comments from Shankar Balan that I made up my mind to go for 2wd. I am not sure the handling difference a 4wd will make with modifications to front suspension, gear ratios, dead weight of transfer case (95 % of life) and turning radius. That does not discount a 4wd potency to conquer terrains which will definitely be superior to 2wd.

Now focusing on my NG Scorpio S10 - 7 Captain Seats.

The Positives
1) Driving / Seating Position - Loved it on first try. A commanding view and a real plus in India where lot of city drive is based on visual contact with fellow driver. Very comfortable for the long drives I took in last one month.
2) The Gear - Fine tuned with no or minimal turbo lag. Love the 3rd gear which works smoothly from 20 kmph to 60 kmph. Gem for city or high traffic drive.
3) A real 7 seater . Can easily accommodate 7 adults and the middle row captain seats gives comfort of recline . Very useful during long drives.
4) Wider Chassis - Results in better corner handling and reducing Body Roll.
5) The looks and feel of real a sturdy SUV.
6) The Gizmos - Good collection of electronics and software to ease driving.

The not so positives
1) Guess most of them are mentioned in this thread. Would have loved if those were not present.

But at the end the positives definitely outweighed.

I did test drove Duster AWD and XUV500 W8. Duster is a nice cross over with superb engine and gear box but interiors, ergonomics let me down. XUV is good with better features but it did not satisfy me on few counts i.e. its not a true 7 seater, turbo lag, felt some sort of tailing effect as if the rear was not in full control. Each vehicle has its uniqueness and I respect that.

More will follow maybe in a separate thread.
ManuMacher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 08:57   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuMacher View Post
I am not sure the handling difference a 4wd will make with modifications to front suspension, gear ratios, dead weight of transfer case (95 % of life) and turning radius.
4X4 has coil springs on all 4 wheels with independent suspension. Should translate into very good ride and handling combination. I am getting the 4WD majorly for this trait. And that, if I am buying a Jeep, it has to be a 4X4.

Quote:
That does not discount a 4wd potency to conquer terrains which will definitely be superior to 2wd.
At places, I know a 4WD will give me an upper hand.

Though the wait has killed me. M&M are not sure as to what dates to provide. They committed a date of 15/12/'14, then in their system the 4WD was waiting to be loaded on 14/11/'14 and the dealer had more than sufficient funds (some LFD thing) Date shifted to 17th November. Nothing. Now, it should be either 24th or 28th November. I have holidays planned and hence I wanted this vehicle early. Not sure whether the car will be registered on time and that I will be able to obtain the smart card and enjoy my holidays as per plan.

The Storme 4X4 is available with a 15 day waiting period. Seems, M&M doesn't believe it can sell 4X4 Scorpios. Hence, it is built only on order.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 18:01   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
4X4 has coil springs on all 4 wheels with independent suspension. Should translate into very good ride and handling combination. I am getting the 4WD majorly for this trait. And that, if I am buying a Jeep, it has to be a 4X4.
Sheel wish you all the best and pleasant experience with your 4wd .

My choice of 2wd in place of 4wd was made after a read of
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ainst-4x2.html

I will look forward for a comparison of Scorpio 2wd vs 4wd .

Request help in finding the right rear view camera for my Scorpio S10. It has display provision in the infotainment system for rear camera only missing thing I guess is the actual camera.
ManuMacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 21:10   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Request help in finding the right rear view camera for my Scorpio S10. It has display provision in the infotainment system for rear camera only missing thing I guess is the actual camera.
Most of the accessories are available with the dealers by now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3551141

http://www.mahindrascorpio.com/image...y_brochure.pdf

The reverse camera and 5th Alloy wheel are yet to hit the dealer if you are looking to fit it from there. I suggest you do that so that there are no warranty issues.

Happy motoring and look forward to pics and posts on your new ride.
Old 25th November 2014, 09:24   #128
Team-BHP Support

My car is delayed, again. Now the billing date shown on dealer's system is 30th November
Old 25th November 2014, 10:31   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My car is delayed, again. Now the billing date shown on dealer's system is 30th November
Sorry to hear that. For my S10 4wd I was told a wait time of 3-4 months. One of the reason to switch to 2 wd. Also as per dealer only 2% of the Scorpio booking is for 4wd. Was given an option for S4 4wd for Oct end delivery. Not sure how 4wd affects M&M production schedule.

I was also told the only difference between 2wd and 4wd is the transfer case and working axle in front. No other change. I am not too sure about this. I would expect gear ratio, suspension setup also to be different.

Anyways, have patience. It is needed if you go for 4wd.
Old 25th November 2014, 11:29   #130
BHPian

Few pics of my S10 Black 7 CC.

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-s10_fb_front.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-s10_fb_side.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-s10_fb_back.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio : Official Review-s10_7cc.jpg
ManuMacher is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 10:18   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Few pics of my S10 Black 7 CC.
ManuMacher

Great choice of color, the new scorpio looks the best in Black, unlike the outgoing model, for which white seemed to be the most accepted color option.

I am sure the S10 would have cost you more than the XUV W4, can you help us Bhpians understand the factors which led you to buy Scorpio, and did you consider the W4/W6 XUV models?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd December 2014 at 06:16. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 17:46   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatt View Post
Great choice of color, the new scorpio looks the best in Black, unlike the outgoing model, for which white seemed to be the most accepted color option.
Thanks for your comment Bhatt. To me Black looked the most appropriate considering the work done on Rear Door and also to conceal lot of the obvious contrast. Btw, I did a pre-booking and my choice was without actually looking at the vehicle or knowing its full specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatt View Post
I am sure the S10 would have cost you more than the XUV W4, can you help us Bhpians understand the factors which led you to buy Scorpio, and did you consider the W4/W6 XUV models?
I have mentioned that earlier, it would not be prudent to compare two siblings but I would highlight my observations and taste.

1) Scorpio Seating / Driving position is different , I did not get the same feel with XUV or Duster . I also own a SX4 . Duster driving position is similar to SX4 , XUV is slightly taller . I can see see and feel the difference it is making in daily commute , in the positive side.

2) XUV as per my TD does not seem to be in complete control of its rear .

3) XUV is not a proper 7 seater.

4) XUV is a monocoque vs Scorpio is LoF .

http://www.business-standard.com/art...3001201_1.html

5) But XUV would be better choice if you are not particular of the factors above and would like to go high speed on highways. In my driving experience in India with all improved roads would not recommend speed in excess of 120-130 kmph . I have gone much higher with my SX4 but would like to limit myself.

My top speed is 220 kmph on Autobahn , Germany. Those roads are designed for such speeds but back home even the best highways are unpredictable and safe at closer to 100 kmph.

I have not rev'ed my S10 beyond 3000 rpm yet . Hope to rev it up after the Run In.

At the end it is a personal choice and preference . I would say each vehicle has its uniqueness , we need to make a choice based on our preferences.
ManuMacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 08:34   #133
BHPian

Manumachar

Completely agree with you on most points, even I considered seating height of my XUV to be on the lower side as compared to Storme & Scorpio, although raising up the seat height to the max setting offsets the difference to a good extent. Also as I have planned to buy a Thar in the future, could adjust with this height factor for a while, in lieu of all the wordly comforts the XUV provides.

Similarly, I have also had a feeling several times of the rear not being in full sync with the rest of the car, seems to behave somehwhat like a train bogey behind the locomotive, but assumed this would be a case with all long vehicles.

Regards
Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 10:56   #134
BANNED

Quote:
I am not too sure about this. I would expect gear ratio, suspension setup also to be different.
No and Yes.
The gear ratios are the same but the front suspension is different. It is a torsion bar set up in the 4WD variants.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 18:07   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
No and Yes.
The gear ratios are the same but the front suspension is different. It is a torsion bar set up in the 4WD variants.
Nope. It's a coil spring suspension setup for the new 4WD.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks