Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 14:32   #211
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post

Dead Pedal? What dead pedal? I didn't see that in the test drive vehicle here at Bangalore.
AFAIK, I feel that there is a slight increase in height from the rest floor pan. What they have done is by adding some rubber like material below to give a "dead pedal" feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
I think it's a standard fitment. Maybe you missed it out since it's not so high off the floor.
Old 4th June 2015, 14:38   #212
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post

I may book one
Ahh..finally

IMHO this vehicle seems to make a lot of sense for use in the city. Considering the space inside and the freezer a/c, it feels very practical too.

Brakes...well if we can put discs on a '54 Landmaster, this should be a piece of cake.
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 14:53   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post
Why XMA, why not XTA?
Yes XTA only. Sorry for my wrong input in my post.

Quote:
If you are OK booking in cochin, let me know. Here it is about 4xxx for the 3 year gold amc , and delivery on the 15th.

Also, I would suggest you look at the XTA, rather than the Xma.
Sounds good. Just waiting for valuation of my Alto to decide on the plan. Shall surely let you know. And XTA it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
Concorde home-delivered my XTA today. All payments made through NEFT - INR 3,61,454 OTR South Mumbai + 27K for accessories so far.

Overall pleased with my latest acquisition, more for the wife who is beaming today
Congratulations Man. She looks gorgeous. Could you please post the accessories breakup.
jacs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 16:22   #214
BHPian

Nano or a social stigma
“are you alright, is this even a car, at least go for an Alto, you should not do this to your wife, are you sure, have you checked everything, every detail, why not an Alto, have you checked its sheet metal, you are going to repent, why are you buying an auto, Alto is a much better car.”

These are the pearls of wisdom that everyone from a Java developer inside my office to pan-wala outside my office have showered on me in order to save me from the curse of buying a Nano. Has anyone experienced such hate for Nano – existing owners and potential buyers? In fact, everyone to whom I revealed my decision and even those, the bystanders to whom I haven’t, have counseled me and tried to convince that Nano isn’t a car.

I don't understand what the poor little car has done to these people, why they hate her so much. To me it is much more than a VFM option. Yes, she may not be like the most of the cars out there but maybe she is better than some of them. The only problem is that if I would have not been a Team-BHPian I would have certainly changed my mind. Sometimes it becomes difficult to swim against the tide.

Anyways, I will be booking XTA in Red for wify today and once all the loan formalities are done, I will be getting it right away. We have made our mind and wify is so excited about the automatic thingy.
jeepster_chd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 16:33   #215
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand what the poor little car has done to these people, why they hate her so much. To me it is much more than a VFM option. Yes, she may not be like the most of the cars out there but maybe she is better than some of them. The only problem is that if I would have not been a Team-BHPian I would have certainly changed my mind. Sometimes it becomes difficult to swim against the tide.

Anyways, I will be booking XTA in Red for wify today and once all the loan formalities are done, I will be getting it right away. We have made our mind and wify is so excited about the automatic thingy.
In one sentence, the Nano made be proud of what I'm and made me less prone to what others think!

This stigma is more especially in the metros than in smaller towns. There are lots of Nano s in Trivandrum than I can find in Chennai! I can assure you that once you start using it, you'l stop even bothering about what others say mainly because you'll know that makes no sense (from personal experience).

Congrats on your wonderful little car. It's so VFM at that price point and if it's just city run abouts, you will be absolutely happy with the XTA! Wishing you a quick delivery and a million miles!

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 17:01   #216
BHPian

Quote:
“are you alright, is this even a car, at least go for an Alto, you should not do this to your wife, are you sure, have you checked everything, every detail, why not an Alto, have you checked its sheet metal, you are going to repent, why are you buying an auto, Alto is a much better car.”
These are the usual responses we all get. I own a Nano Twist, and when we bought it, my relatives ridiculed us. Only once they sat inside the car and we switched on the AC did they keep quiet.

However I still feel that they still wouldn't accept that its a complete car, let alone buy one. I guess, as you rightly put it, its a "Social Stigma".

The silver lining is that the situation is slowly changing with the advent of the AMT. People will just go to the showrooms to check it out. Once they sit INSIDE one, their whole perspective changes. Lets wait and see in the subsequent months how this little wonder performs.
rsquared is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 17:05   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Ahh..finally

IMHO this vehicle seems to make a lot of sense for use in the city. Considering the space inside and the freezer a/c, it feels very practical too.

Brakes...well if we can put discs on a '54 Landmaster, this should be a piece of cake.
I'm sure u meant "finally a car in production joining the garage! "

Booked my XTA, in sangria red. Expecting delivery next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Yes XTA only. Sorry for my wrong input in my post.

Sounds good. Just waiting for valuation of my Alto to decide on the plan. Shall surely let you know. And XTA it is

Congratulations Man. She looks gorgeous. Could you please post the accessories breakup.
Congrats! All the best!

Quote:
Nano or a social stigma

The same problem was faced by the Humble lil 800 when it was launched in the early 80's. People thought it was a coffin on wheels compared to the 'safe and heavy' amby. We all know what the truth was, and who had the last laugh.

The nano was in its evolution stage till now and has matured into a much better product now.

I compare the evolution of the nano to that of the beetle. If you look at the time line, the earliest beetles were very basic cars with a bike style fuwl on off tap, and not even a fuel gauge. Slowly evolved to 12v, disc brakes, Mc pherson struts, curved windshield etc, and became a much more complete car. The same holds true for the nano too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
In one sentence, the Nano made be proud of what I'm and made me less prone to what others think!

This stigma is more especially in the metros than in smaller towns. There are lots of Nano s in Trivandrum than I can find in Chennai! I can assure you that once you start using it, you'l stop even bothering about what others say mainly because you'll know that makes no sense (from personal experience).

Congrats on your wonderful little car. It's so VFM at that price point and if it's just city run abouts, you will be absolutely happy with the XTA! Wishing you a quick delivery and a million miles!

Cheers!
People in towns are more worried about convenience than what the next door neighbour or his grand uncle thinks about your car. That's why the nano is finding more acceptance in the cities than the rural areas, where the only accepted car is a Maruti. Tata got its positioning wrong, and should have always tried to make this a cool car instead of the cheapest car in the world.
JayD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 17:17   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes it becomes difficult to swim against the tide.
That is an emotion that I resonate with. In fact, at work, I could improve my risk taking ability because of the response that people gave to my car- gentlemen from different positions in the hierarchy. It actually makes you realize how little people know before they form their opinions and their opinions are all developed based on third party data.
Congratulations on your purchase. Wishing you a safe, comfortable and niggle free driving experience.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 18:19   #219
BHPian

Quote:
On a serious note, people jump at the chance to express their knowledge, whether you asked for it or not. Most of it would be repetition of what they heard and a majority of them would not have been inside a Nano, let alone driven one. From mouth to mouth the negatives are amplified and the positives are lost, the poor lil' thing becomes an object of ridicule.

A decade ago "experts" would say why Linux is the better OS or why Digital Cameras will never, ever replace films. What mattered was whether the boxes that needs to be checked for you is checked. Very few have the disposition to think standing in the shoes of the user.

My wife is a proud user of the Nano and when the know-it-alls questions her judgement (or mine) she shrugs it off and says "We bought a car I needed" (If that doesn't do the trick, she starts with turning radius)

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2015 at 19:33. Reason: Edited personal mentions. Lets keep the discussion rolling.
sun_king is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 19:04   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Nano or a social stigma
It's actually the curse of this society where everyone is so obliged to give you advices. In the process they simply end up dumping (let's call it 'wisdom') what they heard from someone else. To give useful advice, one needs to spend a bit of time to learn things but they don't really care, all that matters is give some goddamn advice. Frankly, I have seen people doing in this forum as well. Sometimes the 'wisdom' that is passed on is positive that helps some cars too.

Anyway, good that you didn't take all that.

Last edited by prakash_ajp : 4th June 2015 at 19:07. Reason: typo
Old 4th June 2015, 20:08   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Congratulations on your new ride! She looks ravishing in that shade of purple indeed. Pardon me but I ask these questions out of curiosity:
1. They provide a sunroof as an accessory? Is it openable? Would be great if you could post some pics of this attachment. If its a real sunroof they might get another customer for it (me! )
2. Remote hatch release is an accessory or an addition that will come on future models?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptiwa View Post
Congratulations on the purchase! Do post more pics and your ownership thread. I'd love to see how the sunroof looks and works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Poseidon, congratulations on the GenX Nano. Can you post few pics of the sunroof? will be interesting to look at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
As many have requested before, please do post the photos of the sun roof. I hope you will soon start an ownership thread - itching to read more about buying the car from the comfort of home
Pics of the sunroof from the inside attached at the end (please excuse the phone pics)

Break up of accessories is as follows:
Sunroof - 14022/-
Alloy with wheelcaps - 8773/-
Seat covers faux leather (Black & Red) with two cushions - 4800/-
Mats - 636/-
Mudflaps - 400/-

Last three fitted at home by Concorde man
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_2636.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_2641.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_2635.jpg  

Poseidon is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 20:19   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
Pics of the sunroof from the inside attached at the end (please excuse the phone pics)

Break up of accessories is as follows:
Sunroof - 14022/-
Alloy with wheelcaps - 8773/-
Seat covers faux leather (Black & Red) with two cushions - 4800/-
Mats - 636/-
Mudflaps - 400/-

Last three fitted at home by Concorde man

Thanks for the detailed break up. What alloys did you get? And was this some exchange price? Asking because the Concorde showroom in cochin is asking 12.5k for alloys!

Also, does the sunroof have a sunblind to block light out when you don't need it?

Last edited by JayD : 4th June 2015 at 20:21.
Old 4th June 2015, 20:19   #223
BHPian

Sunroof is non-retractable as one can see. Adds airiness to already roomy cabin. Eagerly anticipating the sight of monsoon rain pattering on the sunroof. The Tata accessories mgr said the sunroof comes with a 5-yr warranty. He's evidently been using to on his Indigo since seven years without complaint.

Happy with the seat covers too:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_2630.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_2633.jpg  

Poseidon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 20:27   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

@Poseidon, congrats on the car !

Can you pls post a top-view pic of the car ?
Old 4th June 2015, 20:43   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed break up. What alloys did you get? And was this some exchange price? Asking because the Concorde showroom in cochin is asking 12.5k for alloys!

Also, does the sunroof have a sunblind to block light out when you don't need it?
Unfortunately no blinds for tinted sunroof..Tata mgr just now clarified warranty on roof is 3, not 5 years. Asked me to keep the invoice.

Exchange price of stock rims not specifically negotiated by me...neither is any exchange value mentioned in the invoice. But all accessory prices charged to me by Concorde are lower than those listed at launch:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-fullsizerender-copy.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-fullsizerender.jpg  

Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_2644.jpg  

Last edited by Poseidon : 4th June 2015 at 21:03. Reason: Added a pic
Poseidon is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks