Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2018, 11:56   #2131
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
It seems I will get the delivery this week. I need some advise on what standard or useful accessories I should be opting for. Please let me know.

This is a W11AT AWd model.

Regards
1. Good quality 3D floor mat. 2. Side footstep as this adds to the look of the XUV and helps in cleaning the roof as well. 3. A decent dashcam.

You can also think of ceramic coating and underbody coating as well.

There are hundreds of other accessories available, but the above three are quite essentials IMO.
Old 3rd June 2018, 19:59   #2132
BHPian

Has any body figured out how to deal with the rattles from the collapsable (smaller) second row seat? The door rattles are gone after sealing them with foam tape, anything similar for the seat?
Old 8th June 2018, 20:58   #2133
BHPian

Thank you. I ordered the side foodstep, 3D floor mats, rain visor and I also liked the bodyside moulding.

By the way someone recommended that I should go for the underbody protective coat. Is that really needed ? The sales guy tells me that this is not required. Please advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
1. Good quality 3D floor mat. 2. Side footstep as this adds to the look of the XUV and helps in cleaning the roof as well. 3. A decent dashcam.

You can also think of ceramic coating and underbody coating as well.

There are hundreds of other accessories available, but the above three are quite essentials IMO.
kbiswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 11:15   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbiswal View Post
Thank you. I ordered the side foodstep, 3D floor mats, rain visor and I also liked the bodyside moulding.

By the way someone recommended that I should go for the underbody protective coat. Is that really needed ? The sales guy tells me that this is not required. Please advise.
It's actually not required, I figured out later. I am told that all the vehicles come with underbody protective coating from the factory itself. It's just that few dealers try to push it to the customers. You don't even require any body coating like Ceramic, PPF or Teflon for at least 3 years.

Regards,
Pratyush
Old 9th June 2018, 12:46   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince0407 View Post
It's actually not required, I figured out later. I am told that all the vehicles come with underbody protective coating from the factory itself. It's just that few dealers try to push it to the customers. You don't even require any body coating like Ceramic, PPF or Teflon for at least 3 years.
Not all car comes with under body coating. XUV does not have underbody coating. Few cars comes with this...seen it on VW cars. My previous car Fiesta(2006 model) had this protective coating.

My 1.5yr old XUV has already started rusting. Seeing rust on the edges of the rear 2 doors. Service center has agreed to replace both the doors. Not sure if any body coating would have helped. But I am planning to get it done immediately after getting my doors replaced.
Old 11th June 2018, 23:25   #2136
BHPian

Is there a team bhp review for the 2018 face lift ??
Old 12th June 2018, 12:22   #2137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomathew View Post
Not all car comes with under body coating. XUV does not have underbody coating. Few cars comes with this...seen it on VW cars. My previous car Fiesta(2006 model) had this protective coating.

My 1.5yr old XUV has already started rusting. Seeing rust on the edges of the rear 2 doors. Service center has agreed to replace both the doors. Not sure if any body coating would have helped. But I am planning to get it done immediately after getting my doors replaced.
Underbody ideally has no connection with door rusting but getting underbody done is a good idea. Even i have replaced 2 doors under warranty on my XUV due to rusting so better to be more cautious knowing that mahindra does have this issue.
Old 17th June 2018, 06:04   #2138
BHPian

In Feb 2018 I had to surrender Icarus 2.0, My Black Cheetah, W6/2015, as it was on company lease and I switched job+city. Since then have been craving to buy it again and trust me it has never happened with any of my previous cars. Finally decided to take a plunge and book again the same car, although Automatic this time.

I just need help on 3 points if any of the fellow BHPian can please respond;

1. I am getting a pre-facelift 2018 W9 AT at almost the same price as as the facelifted W7 AT. While my sense (and my wife's) says that we should go for the latest model, what is the right reccomendation.

2. I am getting nil discounts or any other freebie on post facelift models. Any suggestion on dealership in Gurgaon. Currently am dealing with SM from Koncepts/MG Road and find them not very proactive.

3. Which financer should I explore in terms of best rates/provisions etc, if there is any experience of anyone.
Old 18th June 2018, 09:47   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Has any body figured out how to deal with the rattles from the collapsable (smaller) second row seat? The door rattles are gone after sealing them with foam tape, anything similar for the seat?
Did you do the 3M door dampening? How old is your car? MASS should get the 2nd row rattling sorted I think, I remember reading a few posts here who had the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_Deft View Post
I just need help on 3 points if any of the fellow BHPian can please respond;

1. I am getting a pre-facelift 2018 W9 AT at almost the same price as as the facelifted W7 AT. While my sense (and my wife's) says that we should go for the latest model, what is the right reccomendation.

2. I am getting nil discounts or any other freebie on post facelift models. Any suggestion on dealership in Gurgaon. Currently am dealing with SM from Koncepts/MG Road and find them not very proactive.

3. Which financer should I explore in terms of best rates/provisions etc, if there is any experience of anyone.
1. Isn't the W9 the plush new model? I thought the pre-facelift versions were all even numbers and the facelifted ones were odd? Anyways, I would advise on going for the facelifted version, the ride, engine and NVH are better on the new car, albeit very slightly. Appearance is subjective, so I won't comment on it, apart from the engine tuning, both cars are very similar.

2. You can check this link where people have talked about various dealerships across India

3. Most people have opted for the Tata AIG Sapphire or Pearl plans depending on the level of coverage required. If you go through the above thread, there are a quite a few posts discussing insurance costs, coverage and quotes from various vendors.

Hope this helps!
Old 18th June 2018, 10:25   #2140
BHPian

Thank you guys for all the tips - I finally got my new W11 AWD AT OPT delivered last week. I am really enjoying the ride :-)

I have another small question - the parking in my apartment is very tight. This is also the case in a few places I frequently visit. I am still getting used to the new size of the car (I was driving a Toyota Corolla before). Yesterday while exiting from my apartment it almost touched the left side of the body of xuv500. It is a big ramp with a very sharp left turn (90 degrees) and it becomes difficult to judge the space. I was wondering if a front parking sensor would help. It could also help in the traffic situations when someone is trying to squeeze too close (bikes).

There one option for a front parking sensor listed the optional accessories list of XUV. But it seems it has LED indicators only (yellow/red) and doesn't display distance in cm or ft. Has anybody used this and without the gap display ? Would it be useful to figure out precisely how much gap is there between the bumper and the object near the front blind spot areas ? Please advise

Regards
Old 18th June 2018, 21:21   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinide View Post
Did you do the 3M door dampening? How old is your car? MASS should get the 2nd row rattling sorted I think, I remember reading a few posts here who had the same problem.
No nothing that fancy, followed this.

Checking if I can do similar DIY for the seat.
Old 23rd July 2018, 15:19   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I have finally managed to put up a thread on my LED upgrade that I did on my XUV. It should be applicable on all versions of XUV given the same light design. Details in the link below. Its fairly DIY but with little bit effort first time around.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-upgrades.html (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 23:45   #2143
BHPian

I have 2015 W8 and have noticed that there is condensation seen in the head lamps during rains and foggy days in winter. I have also noticed this during periods of high humidity (it is around 98% here at times). When I had approached the service center earlier they had told me that M&M has given an official service bulletin stating this phenomenon as normal. Any truth in this and can someone confirm if this occurs in their rides as well.
Old 7th October 2018, 13:18   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Thank you!

I am sorry as i couldn't take the installation pics, but trust me its very simple to install it and remove it.

Step 1 : Using a screw driver take out the front and rear roof rail on both the parallel sides
Step 2 : Fix the black clamps that come with the carrier to the hinges provided inside roof rails and tighten them properly
Step 3 : Affer the 4 clamps are tightened, place the actual roof carrier on the respective clamps and slide the front crossbar of the carrier backwards to an extent that does not cover the sunroof.
Step 4 : Tigten the bolts that connect carrier to 4 black clamps.

Installation time : 20 minutes
Un-installation time : 8-10 minutes.
Hi Zaheer,

Can you please explain step 1 a bt more, how does one use the screw driver, do u need to pry out the plastic roof rail covers; they seem to be pretty tight.

regards,
Raj
Old 11th March 2019, 12:22   #2145
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I am very soon going to join the XUV club. I am buying my friend's Nov-2015 XUV W8 that has run 18k kms. The car has everything that I wanted with 6 airbags top on the list. It doesn't have the sun roof that my son wanted, but because I know the owner and the car, I am ok to lose that in the bargain.

I'll be taking the car towards the end of the month, and plan to take it to the SVC for an overall checkup before that. What should I pay close attention to? Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks