Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 21:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The smart key sensor has abandonment issues. Even if you're an inch away from the doors with the engine running, this warning comes up:
Could it be a safety feature, i.e. someone cant drive away with the car if the engine is running but the key is outside?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post

That said though, in my humble opinion, the front fascia still needs a lot of work. I'll take the old Cheeta whiskers please. The new bumper reminds me of this :

Attachment 1382369
Interesting thoughts! Chrome inserts on the grill tooth even reminded me of the nails coming out of a paw of the Cheetah .
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 22:25   #32
BHPian

Awesome points SDP....this will be my next upgrade for sure

Just one question? Has the GC changed or remained the same?
Also noticed the sun roof opening and closing with a slight shudder and thud ..did you feel the same?
mentalmaxout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 22:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Could it be a safety feature, i.e. someone cant drive away with the car if the engine is running but the key is outside?
Here's what the manual has to say about it:

Quote:
If the key is not detected inside the vehicle or far away from the driver which is not in detectable position
  • A warning would be displayed in the infotainment system along with a beep sound for few sec. Bring the smart key inside the vehicle if not in the vehicle or keep the key away from any electronics gadgets to allow the system to detect the key
  • If still the key is not detected, the key battery might be low. Press the start/ stop button once and while the status LED in the button is blinking green, bring the key fob on top of the start stop button and hold for few seconds till status LED changes to permanent green. Once start/stop status LED turns Green, press Start/Stop button to turn ON IGN immediately
When the engine start/stop button is in ON or engine running condition with vehicle stand still or in ACC position, and if any door is opened, the system checks for the smart key. If the smart key is not in the vehicle, an alert in Infotainment screen is displayed along with a chirp for 5 times to indicate key not detected inside.
Bring the smart key inside the vehicle or keep the key in the detectable position whenever you are inside the vehicle.
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 22:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Also if anyone has any update on the wifi symbol it would be great, though ill look for it in the car manual tonight.
Hey there,

Could you please help with some more information around this? Are you saying that the XUV has a built in wifi transmitter (which needs a 3g connection or something around those lines)? Thanks in advance.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 15th June 2015, 22:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hey there,

Could you please help with some more information around this? Are you saying that the XUV has a built in wifi transmitter (which needs a 3g connection or something around those lines)? Thanks in advance.

Cheerio,

-Shivang Gandotra
I am not very sure but there is a Wifi and a 3G icon on the screen which was not lit or availble to tap on, i will look for it in the owner's manual asap till the time if someone has already has some detail would be helpfull.

Regards
Tanveer

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th June 2015 at 09:52. Reason: Removed unwanted spaces.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 23:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hey there,

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I am not very sure but there is a Wifi and a 3G icon on the screen which was not lit or availble to tap on, i will look for it in the owner's manual asap till the time if someone has already has some detail would be helpfull.

Regards
Tanveer
Here's my theory:

From what I understand the infotainment system in the new XUV is provided by Visteon. Now Visteon has developed what they call as the "Connected Vehicle Hub" where in they can use LTE Multicast technology to deliver over-the-air software updates, bug fixes and feature enhancements to all connected vehicles or a selection of vehicles concurrently.

If this has to work in India, Mahindra would need to tie-up with a network provider Airtel, Vodafone et.al.

They have explained it in their blog here.

Here's a video explaining the technology:
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 23:51   #37

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th June 2015 at 13:13.
Spiritualuv is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th June 2015, 00:15   #38

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th June 2015 at 13:13.
Horn-OK-Pls is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th June 2015, 00:58   #39
BHPian

Spot on review Tushar and SDP. You guys have surely got an eye for detail. Loved the in-depth comparo. A query for the Pros here: I will be booking a W6 within a couple of days. I was told that it comes with dueller, jk or apollo. I have heard that duellers are certainly better than JK. Which one should I insist my dealer for? Talking in terms of Road noise and performance. My usage would be 1200-1500 km per month in delhi and noida Along with once in three months drive of 250-350 kms to the nearby hills. That would be the only highway drive I suppose.
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 01:21   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Nothing can beat such an extensive review. So many pics & details captured, the comparo shots take the cake. Seeing both the variants side by side, guess I like the pre-facelift more. The alloy wheels, the instrument cluster lights etc, I still love those in the old version. But then, you just can't have best of both the worlds I guess. Quite happy to see how Mahindra has listened to the customers. This is what builds the brand & the product.

Thank you for a brilliant report guys.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 02:21   #41
BANNED

Excellent review Tushar and SDP. Loved every bit of it and I have sent the link to my dad who would have read it hopefully by now.

Expecting to get this as a replacement for the Ertiga at home in another 6-8 months as we need to give the Ertiga to a relative.

I have just made a feature comparison between the variants of the New XUV 5OO. Helps in easier understanding.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-untitled.jpg

PS: I have taken the data from the E-brochure on the website.
a4anurag is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 08:32   #42
J.Ravi

Excellent analysis and test-drive of the New Age XUV 500, Tushar and SDP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Here's the aforementioned tiretronics display with the tyre pressure, both actual and recommended.
So, the New Age XUV 500 does not have the luxury of display of the tyre temperature in the Smartphone App, whereas my Nov 2013-manufactured XUV 500 has it - some cost-cutting indulged by Mahindra even in the premium W10!

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_20140310115410.png

Quote:
Would be nice if manufacturers started including the spare tyre's pressure too
Yes and I prefer display of tyre pressures on the infotainment panel instead of just saying OK..OK.
  (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 09:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Ready for take-off:
Attachment 1380354

What this picture lacks is a pretty girl in a short skirt standing between the 2 cars, ready to drop a scarf. [/center]
Yup! Just take a left from there and reach the first gate on the left and honk. That's where I stay. I was surprised I missed out on you guys while doing the review. Must have been some real odd time / day on which the review was done.

Coming to the car, for me, the highlight of the facelift is the ICE upgrade. It feels supremely up-market. This from an Indian brand when the likes of some of the Germans, Japanese, Koreans aren't able to provide in cars in the same bracket. (Talking about the price range rather than the segment).

P.S the road on which you are about to take-off is good for that after about 12 Midnight upto 04:00 in the morning.

Last edited by tejas08 : 16th June 2015 at 09:14.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 09:17   #44
BHPian

Outstanding report Tushar and SDP !!

When I initially saw the facelift on the launch day in Ananth cars, I was tad bit dissapointed with the looks, perhaps may because I was accustomed with more aggressive looks of pre-facelift model. But I feel that the front fascia of new XUV500 slowly grows on you and it looks to be more matured model and probably gives the facelift a better definition.

However when it comes to wide variety of interior texture, my stand is still the same as I posted before,clearly it is not what I should be getting when I am willing to pay 20L. Mahindra you still have a long way to go in improving the quality of plastics used in the interior.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 09:42   #45
BHPian

Good Review. Deserves 5 Stars.

1 Question : Any alteration in the Flywheel mechanism in XUV?? Heard from a service engineer they have altered it .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks