Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 15:28   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
In my car, the pre-facelift XUV W8 even if the parking lights are ON, once I remove the key from ignition it goes OFF. Even if the fog lamps are ON, it switches it OFF. Next time when I insert the key, the parking lamps are switched ON whereas the Fog lamps are still OFF until you manually switch them ON.

I am not sure on the new age XUV W8 though, it should be only with W10 IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
I see this happening with me as well. I actually think its best to leave the stones in the threads. It will protect the tyres from possible punctures to an extent. If stones can get in that easily, imagine what nails can do. So the stones are perhaps a blessing in disguise for that 'extra protection' .

I have the new age W8 and the parking lights stay on even after you remove the key from ignition and lock the car. The fog lamp behavior is the same as the pre-facelift model. They switch off immediately when you turn off the car and need to explicitly switch them on the next time you start the car.

The practice that I follow is to have the auto lights on and use the fog lamps. These provide sufficient illumination of the road ahead at least for the time being.
Stones usually get stuck in the treads and not puncture into the rubber.

In the older W8 all lights turn off the moment key fob is removed from the slot. You need to turn the parking lights again after removing the key incase they need to be left on. I like it better this way than default parking lights left on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations on the beast Fauji Happy munching miles with the cheetah.

And coming to the tissue box, even I am not able to identify a suitable place, so when I am driving alone or with a single passenger I keep it in the back seat. If the car is occupied completely, then I keep it between the handbrake and arm rest which fits in perfectly there(I use Premier tissues).

I am planning to get a Non slip dashboard mat and put the tissue box there, and hoping that the box will not fall down during acceleration.
I see too much discussion over placing the tissue box . For XUV i place it in the lower glove box, but it leaves place for nothing else other than user manual. In my other cars normaly the rear shelf is better place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Friends,

I am in the market for my next car. I had almost zeroed on Scorpio S10, untill I drove a XUV last week (W10). To be very honest, my budget is 15 lac, now I am totally confused! Need suggestions and directions too!
Unless you really need a very rugged SUV for rough roads, I think XUV W6 is any day a better choice. It is more refined and better vehicle from comfort stand point for urban driving.
Old 17th October 2015, 12:21   #782

I bought coozo 5d(?????) Mats for my car. Awesome quality product. It is almost 1cm thick. Fits perfectly on the floor. They made slots on the mat to accommodate the seat bolts. Looks too good . The beige colour mats gives the feeling of even more legroom even though it is pretty hard to maintain. Cleaning was not as hard as I thought. Spotting dirt on the mats is a very very easy task .
Although "biege" doesn't imply 'premium', I'm totally happy with the buy. It looks way better than the ones i saw in the accessories department of the dealership from where I bought the car.

I tried posting few pics. But, It looks like I need a higher membership level to be able to do that.
stephencherian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 22:07   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencherian View Post
I bought coozo 5d(?????) Mats for my car. Awesome quality product. It is almost 1cm thick. Fits perfectly on the floor.
Available on amazon. Is this the one?
http://www.amazon.in/Coozo-Beige-Col...5099740&sr=1-3
Rock 'n' rollz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 22:52   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencherian View Post
I bought coozo 5d(?????) Mats for my car. Awesome quality product. It is almost 1cm thick. Fits perfectly on the floor. They made slots on the mat to accommodate the seat bolts. Looks too good . The beige colour mats gives the feeling of even more legroom even though it is pretty hard to maintain. Cleaning was not as hard as I thought. Spotting dirt on the mats is a very very easy task .
Although "biege" doesn't imply 'premium', I'm totally happy with the buy. It looks way better than the ones i saw in the accessories department of the dealership from where I bought the car.

I tried posting few pics. But, It looks like I need a higher membership level to be able to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
Yep. Stephen has even commented on Amazon.

Stephen,
I don't think there are any restrictions on posting photos. Once you upload the photos using the "down arrow" button next to smiley button, you will need to click on the arrow again to insert the photos into your post.

Hope that helps.

By the way, do the mats fit well on the third row floor? The pictures on amazon.in didn't give a very good idea. Also, the middle portion of the second row looked a little small for XUV5OO. Any issues with the fit there? Hope your now able to post pictures of the mats . Will clear all doubts.

Cheers

Last edited by achyu : 17th October 2015 at 22:53. Reason: removed extra dots
Old 18th October 2015, 06:34   #785
BHPian

Finally the wait is over. After several weeks of contemplation and tussle between mind and heart, got my Volcano Black Icarus W6 on last Saturday. Thanks to TB, my fundamentals were crystal clear before the purchase and even after having driven it for a while, my expectations are well in order. Thanks for the honest feedback and inputs guys and amazing reviews yes ofcourse.

Initial observations; The car is a beast. Literally. It imbibes confidence and a sense of infinite power everytime you take it on roads. NVH is delightfully low and comfort for passengers is better than anything I have driven. Gear throws are long and hence tiring. Also breaks need time to adjust. Gadgetry takes some time to get used to of but is quite interesting to use as one drives the car. Its a dragon when it comes to consuming fuel.

On accessories front, I like to keep it minimal but on a friend's sound advice, got Rear View camera installed from dealer itself before the delivery. Screen setup in RV mirror, its quite helpful in W6. Also got 3M Mats customised and fit at nearby 3M stores. Not the best fit because of some undulations in the front row but the overall feel is brilliant. Had similar coir texture mat in my Honda Amaze as well and its quite comfortable and suave. Worth the penny.

Planning to take the car out today for a longer drive. Lets see how it flies
Icarus_Deft is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 08:23   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_Deft View Post
Finally the wait is over. After several weeks of contemplation and tussle between mind and heart, got my Volcano Black Icarus W6 on last Saturday. Thanks to TB, my fundamentals were crystal clear before the purchase and even after having driven it for a while, my expectations are well in order. Thanks for the honest feedback and inputs guys and amazing reviews yes ofcourse.

Planning to take the car out today for a longer drive. Lets see how it flies
Welcome to the Purple Club! Wish you thousands of delightful miles and fuss free ownership. Quick question - did they have to drill while installing the reverse parking camera?
Old 18th October 2015, 14:00   #787

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
Yeah. This is the one. But, I got it at a lesser price. I've contacted the seller to re-introduce the offer price. Hopefully, he'll listen to his customers

Quote:
Yep. Stephen has even commented on Amazon.

Hope that helps.

By the way, do the mats fit well on the third row floor?
Cheers
Oh! It's nice to see that you noticed my review
I'll try uploading the pics today.

And, yeah, the mats fit well on the third row floor too!

Quote:
Welcome to the Purple Club! Wish you thousands of delightful miles and fuss free ownership. Quick question - did they have to drill while installing the reverse parking camera?
Even I'm waiting to find an alternative to drilling the bumber!
stephencherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 17:03   #788
BHPian

I joined purple club recently to become proud owner of XUV W8 Moondust sliver after long wait

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-wp_20151008_012.jpg

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-wp_20151009_001.jpg

I have 2010 I20 Petrol driven 76000 km+. Moving from I20 patrol to XUV was leap forward considering space, power and not to forget gadgets. Already driven 1500 on highways and somehow managed to keep the speed below 100 km/hr as advised by service engineer till first servicing after 5000 km. Mahindra blue sense is boon for chauffeur driver XUV.

Minor Issues: On rough roads, sound coming from 2nd row seat and hatch boxes having tools and equipment. Planned to put some foam to reduce sound from tools.

Queries- W8 has bracket (above registration plate) to install reverse camera similar to W10 , but dealer insisted to drill the bumper which I flatly refused. As per dealer, they are yet to receive camera which can fit into the bracket. I will wait for more time, since parking sensors are meeting my requirements. Has someone got the camera installed in bracket given on number plate of W8?

Suggestions required-

1. Is front bumper guard really required? since most of the BHP members don't recommend front bumper guard on cars having airbags and sensors.
2. Planning to install rear bumper guard. Please suggest good brand and make.
3. Cost of Side steps starts from Rs 5000-14000/-. Please suggest good brand with approx. costing.
rakesht_ripps is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 18:18   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I joined purple club recently to become proud owner of XUV W8 Moondust sliver after long wait

Minor Issues: On rough roads, sound coming from 2nd row seat and hatch boxes having tools and equipment. Planned to put some foam to reduce sound from tools.
Congrats Rakesh
I have also observed the same Probably due to the way the seat not folded properly. Has been reported on the forum has a niggle

Quote:
Queries- W8 has bracket (above registration plate) to install reverse camera similar to W10 , but dealer insisted to drill the bumper which I flatly refused. As per dealer, they are yet to receive camera which can fit into the bracket. I will wait for more time, since parking sensors are meeting my requirements. Has someone got the camera installed in bracket given on number plate of W8?
I got the camera installed on the bumper. See this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
It certainly is possible to fit a reverse camera accessory and have it be displayed to the infotainment as you can see from the pics. A software update to the infotainment system is necessary. But the update is already available from Mahindra. Who is your dealer? I got it done at Sireesh auto in Bangalore. I had previously been in touch with the area sales manager who notified me promptly when the update became available.
Suggestions required-
Quote:
1. Is front bumper guard really required? since most of the BHP members don't recommend front bumper guard on cars having airbags and sensors.
3. Cost of Side steps starts from Rs 5000-14000/-. Please suggest good brand with approx. costing.
1. Dont think front bumpers are needed
2. I was recommended rear bumper guard by the dealer, but didnt go for it
3. Side Steps -- Original M&M costs around 15K
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 20:08   #790
BHPian

I am aware of software upgrade for camera activation. My query" why bumper needs to be drilled when camera bracket is installed on W8 similar to W10". Will try to post snap of bracket.
Old 19th October 2015, 23:08   #791
BHPian

Quote:

Suggestions required-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
3. Side Steps -- Original M&M costs around 15K
Congrats Rakesh! Welcome to the club.

It's never recommended to install the front guard as you will run the risk of your airbags not deploying in the unfortunate case of a crash. The front bumper needs to sense the impact for the airbags to come into use.

The rear guard is a good idea. I got mine installed by the dealer for about 4K.

I also got the side steps installed by the dealer and it cost me 12k. All original M&M stuff.

Cheers
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 12:33   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Did not expect a niggle so soon but unfortunately Mahindra has done it again !
Noticed a grinding sound while the 4th gear is engaged so investigated it for a couple of days, if i hold the lever it stops but i can still feel the vibrations. Took it to the service center where the senior technician asked the car to be left for a day to do a proper analysis, he assured me that its just a minor thing. Will take the car tomorrow. Anybody else faced this issue ? Any inputs how to tackle this ?
So gave the car for a proper checkup yesterday and the RM just informed me that the clutch plate is faulty and needs to be changed !!
This is the so called new age XUV, what am i supposed to do now
Old 20th October 2015, 13:51   #793

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_iv View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, will check out the carrier and the bungee cords. Did you get a chance to try out the bag?
No, did not get a chance to use the bag.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th October 2015 at 19:24. Reason: Please use quote to reply to specific queries. Thanks!
abhirama is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 14:09   #794
BHPian

Quote:

Suggestions required-

Congratulations on the priced possession

1. No, front bumper is not needed and is not advisable. A few days of driving within the city should be good enough to judge the distance. I moved from Santro to XUV and have had no problem with it.
2. I don't have one, it takes out the macho SUV look(only my perspective) but if you plan for one preferably go for the dealer provided bumper.
3. Go for the one from M&M genuine accessories, that's the best I have seen and goes really well with silver.
Prash22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 16:37   #795
BHPian

Members from Hyderabad/Secunderabad I need some help. I have just got my permanent registration number and want to get a new set of number plates for my new age cheetah. What is the best place in Hyd/ Sec' bad for quality and variety of number plates. Also what is the best kind or type of number plates which will look good on a moondust silver cheetah. I don't want anything crazy looking. Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks